• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well the Reds have brought in another hooker into the wider training squad, plus with Hanson and Fainga'a the squad day hookers i think Albert will be directed to focus on prop moreso in 2014, thats where the most opportunity is for him.
I thought when the Scrum laws changed I read an article that said that big things were expected from Anae. It mentioned something about his massive muscle mass would mean the lack of a hit would allow him to out muscle his opponent through his muscle rather than through a lucky/skilful hit. I would love Slipper back at Lose head with Daley to be his replacement in the second half and have Anae at tight head.

I also think that Sia should start, he give Gill a better chance of stealing the ball due to his tackles being so low.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I like your optimism Emuarse. For the first game, I think your Reds pack will be hard pressed. IMO, the Brumbies front row is stronger, perhaps barring Slipper, the back row is significantly stronger with Fardy, Pocock and Auelua, the lineout is better with a more consistent thrower as well, and the scrum will finish on top. Beyond that, the Brumbies' halves are not far behind Will and Quade, and the rest of the backline is superior. Brumbies to win.

As a Queenslander I am always relieved when others grant us underdog status. It's so refreshing for supporters to be so willing to place the pressure of expectation on their own side.

You're a good person Brumby Runner!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just been on the Reds website, not trying to be too negative but does anyone else think 50,000 membership target is a bit large? Currently sitting just under 25,000. Obviously would love to see as many members as possible but geez thats a big number. Been a couple of seasons now since we won the GF so the hype has died a little for those who aren't serious rugby followers. I can remember going to games in 2012 and it seemed like going to a Reds game was 'the' thing to do on weekends, doesn't seem to be so much the case any more which would be reflected in membership numbers as well.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
50,000 is a good number and they will come close. I would be disappointed if they set their target the same or lower than the previous year.

Keep in mind that the memberships aren't all ticketed and they will pump the number of memberships up during the year with their 'special' memberships a-la the one match Tahs Membership last year complete with XXXX Brewery Tour ticket etc. If the Reds are looking good during the season they will also sell more Forever Reds and 3 game memberships so that people will get access to pre purchase for finals games if they seem likely.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Turner only 26? Que? So, how old was he when he gassed the Saders' backs all those years ago at the SFS? I though it was pre the Force, but obviously I'm wrong.

T

TOCC

Just been on the Reds website, not trying to be too negative but does anyone else think 50,000 membership target is a bit large? Currently sitting just under 25,000. Obviously would love to see as many members as possible but geez thats a big number. Been a couple of seasons now since we won the GF so the hype has died a little for those who aren't serious rugby followers. I can remember going to games in 2012 and it seemed like going to a Reds game was 'the' thing to do on weekends, doesn't seem to be so much the case any more which would be reflected in membership numbers as well.

Reds membership are ahead in sales compared to the same point in 2012 and 2013

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds membership are ahead in sales compared to the same point in 2012 and 2013
But weren't the ticketed memberships the only ones available prior to the start of last season?

If so, I wonder what percentage of the current number are ticketed ones.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Turner only 26? Que? So, how old was he when he gassed the Saders' backs all those years ago at the SFS? I though it was pre the Force, but obviously I'm wrong.
I think he finished school in 2005. Played with the NSW B team in 2006 and scored that try in 2007. Force started 2006.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So he must have been 20? I remember that try being late(r) in the season, so likely after his birthday in mid-May.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
memberships will continue all year, until September. Will include 3 game memberships as well. And Rookies2Reds as Jnr Members. They will go damn close to 50,000. They have employed some bloody smart membership experts who know the market well.

T

Train Without a Station

Melbourne AFL clubs can get those numbers competing with 8 other teams. Brisbane may have half the population but there's none of the competition.

T

TOCC

But weren't the ticketed memberships the only ones available prior to the start of last season?

If so, I wonder what percentage of the current number are ticketed ones.

Nope, they have sold the forever reds membership since the 2011 season at least, I purchased one that year in the pre-season.

Ticketed/non-ticketed is largely irrelevant, there is likely a greater profit margin on non-ticketed members anyway.

T

TOCC

Melbourne AFL clubs can get those numbers competing with 8 other teams. Brisbane may have half the population but there's none of the competition.

Broncos have the largest NRL membership base from memory, and the Lions usually have between 20-30'000 members, so Brisbane isn't without competition..

Like Sydney, club memberships have never been a part of the Brisbane sporting culture, it's only in the last 5 years that the Broncos and Reds picked up their act. Lions have been good at it since the 90's.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nope, they have sold the forever reds membership since the 2011 season at least, I purchased one that year in the pre-season.

Ticketed/non-ticketed is largely irrelevant, there is likely a greater profit margin on non-ticketed members anyway.
I seem to recall they were available, but are you sure about last year though? I could have sworn that there was only the full season membership prior to the season start as I remember browsing their membership page thinking it was pretty ballsy.

I could be wrong, my memory is not as good as it once was.

I was pretty certain that they were definitely not offering the three game ones this time last year though:

Oh Qwerty, NSW have been offering '2 game membership packages' since their 2013 membership drive commenced last year..

Reds on the other-hand only began offering the discounted XXXX membership last week, at which point they had already signed up 25'000 members. Like 2012 they probably won't offer the discounted 3 game memberships until later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.