• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Has anyone else noticed that in the 2014 membership brochure, the jersey mock ups for the BLK version have a blended St George logo rather than the white brick?

Might be time for a new jersey if that's the case.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hadn't noticed. But looking on the members page there is the bit about the $10 to the monument thing. THose Jersey's look good.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
http://www.redsmembership.com.au/130_Year_Monument

This is a really cool idea. If I pay the $10 I'm going to folk out $250 for a jersey with my name on it. I expect they could make a killing off auctioning off the actual playing kit.
THE SCRUM is an architecturally designed monument representative of the iconic Rugby scrum. To reflect our game’s history in our 130th year, each arm of the scrum will symbolise one of the 13 decades of Queensland Rugby and the significant achievements during those years.

I don't like the idea of having 13 of anything, I realise the symbolism of 13 decades but I am sure League fans will like the idea of one wing for each player on a league team

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
THE SCRUM is an architecturally designed monument representative of the iconic Rugby scrum.

Also doubles as a giant toast holder
image.jpg

T

tranquility

THE SCRUM is an architecturally designed monument representative of the iconic Rugby scrum. To reflect our game’s history in our 130th year, each arm of the scrum will symbolise one of the 13 decades of Queensland Rugby and the significant achievements during those years.

I don't like the idea of having 13 of anything, I realise the symbolism of 13 decades but I am sure League fans will like the idea of one wing for each player on a league team

13 is a bit 'omen-ous' isn't it?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RugbyReg can you tell me which advertising campaign came up with the idea for the the monument and the jersey? Or was it thought up internally?

Cheers

No advertising campaign so to speak. Both driven internally. The names on the jersey thing isn't unique. The cronulla sharks and some afl team have done something similar.

The scrum is about reasserting the venue as the home of the reds. We could have done a statue like the leaguies but wanted to capture something that recognised more of our history as well as the different stakeholders in the game (club, schools, cntry etc). 13 obviously being for every decade of existence of the qru. The design was created by an architectural company.

T

tranquility

Thanks for the comprehensive response.

I really am excited about the Reds prospects, we sound as if we are finally being run like a modern and forward thinking organisation. It's a nice point of different, so kudos to all involved. The concept of the scrum I take it, is that the structure is wider at the front and tapers towards the back to mirror the shape of a real scrum?

Just for the record I meant to write "agency" rather than campaign - which are obviously very different.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The only problem I see with the concept is that I have already renewed my membership and can't for the life of me find how to sign up for "The Scrum".

Ant ideas Reg?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The only problem I see with the concept is that I have already renewed my membership and can't for the life of me find how to sign up for "The Scrum".

Ant ideas Reg?

Call them. They have their own in-hosue call centre now. 1300 QLD REDS (1300 753 7337)

T

TOCC

Yeah I've been holding out on a New Jersey as well, my last was the maroon one with QR sponsorship..

If it's true they have changed the design and removed the white block behind the St George sponsorship(similar to that of the St George Dragons NRL variety) then I will most decently be buying one this year..

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I love the look of that jersey without the big white square. Hope they stick with that and that it isn't just a one off.

Actually, I would also like a much deeper red come to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.