• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Talking of the Reds o_O, I can't see anywhere that player number 30 has yet been selected in the squad.
Does anyone have any info on what is happening here?
To me it looks like a possible situation of protracted negotiations with a marque player that they'd like to get hold of, but somebody might be able to enlighten us a little.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure how accurate this is but I heard at a GPS function a few weeks ago that it might be a toss up between front rowers Phil Kite and Sef Fagaase from the Premier Comp. Apparently the Reds can't decide as one of the players is very fitness concious but less talented whilst the other is very prone to weight fluctuations due to laziness but has far more potential. I would think either of those two would be more suited to an EPS spot at the moment but the mail said it was for a full contract.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Vertical jump is perhaps the best test their is for explosive leg power. Not so much "fitness", but I get what you mean.

It sounds as if, based on the USA v Maori game - the Reds should be looking at this guy.

http://usarugby.org/mens-eagles-players/item/cameron-dolan

How a player gets that good at his age, in a system such as the USA, really makes the mind boggle to the potential over there.

Wouldn't that be something?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Not sure how accurate this is but I heard at a GPS function a few weeks ago that it might be a toss up between front rowers Phil Kite and Sef Fagaase from the Premier Comp. Apparently the Reds can't decide as one of the players is very fitness concious but less talented whilst the other is very prone to weight fluctuations due to laziness but has far more potential. I would think either of those two would be more suited to an EPS spot at the moment but the mail said it was for a full contract.
Phil kite isn't training with the reds......ATM it's partake and fagaase so I think our mail is off

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Phil kite isn't training with the reds..ATM it's partake and fagaase so I think our mail is off

Not taking this with too much credit but Phil's instagram also indicates he's been training with Fagaase and JJ Taulagi which makes me think he has been training with the Reds? Could be for something else though.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know how long Ben Lucas is signed on till? I just have a feeling 2014 might be the last season we see him in Red.

Hes not so young anymore, must be 26/27 and been playing the Reds Mr.Fixit (albeit very well) now for quite a few years without getting any real standout roles. Now that Frisby has developed into a competent backup halfback and the Reds recently signing some good young backs ie JJ, Kerevi, Kuridrani his stock might be falling a bit. Also I have a feeling we'll see major movement on the Josh Hoffman front with the Bronco's once the RL World Cup is over and there have already been reports of him at the Reds which further reduces the need for a fullback.

None of this is a reflection on his playing ability but I just think the situation he's in, also IMO pretty far off making the Wallabies and he probably knows it, means he'll jump overseas ASAP to get a regular starting spot and decent coin whilst hes still good enough.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
None of this is a reflection on his playing ability but I just think the situation he's in, also IMO pretty far off making the Wallabies and he probably knows it, means he'll jump overseas ASAP to get a regular starting spot and decent coin whilst hes still good enough.

It's funny they touted him as a Wallaby bolter way back in 2007 when Stephen Larkham went down. That would have been a really bad call.

I've always liked Ben Lucas and would have him in a heartbeat at the Force. I've always kind of thought injuries at bad times and being too versatile have held him back a bit.

T

TOCC

Are these Hoffman or Milford rumours based on anything other then a the news article a few moths ago, the reality of the situation is that both those players are with a lot more to NRL clubs then rugby union can afford...

T

TOCC

Are these Hoffman or Milford rumours based on anything other then a the news article a few moths ago, the reality of the situation is that both those players are worth a lot more to NRL clubs then rugby union can afford...

T

tranquility

I'm not sure, but Milford is getting Motm honors everytime he runs out for Samoa. His value post WC is going to be massive. If he ends up in Brisbane, they will be a genuine premiership force.

T

TOCC

Milford has been repeatedly been offered $800'000 by the Raiders and Brisbane is rumoured to be a bit less... Both of which are banking on his future potential.
Milford isn't swapping to rugby union....

Likewise Hoffman, there are 3 or 4 NRL teams currently chasing a starting fullback.. Starting fullbacks can earn between $300k - $1milllion... If Hoffman can get a release then the Doggies, Parra or Raiders would happily chase him...

T

tranquility

Milford has been repeatedly been offered $800'000 by the Raiders....

No wonder Canberra can't hold onto any of their good players if they just keep repeating themselves in the negotiation process. It must be very annoying for the player to keep telling them "I heard you the first time, just let me mull it over."

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Any chance of K Hunt in 2015? The backpage last night said the Titans and Suns would be trying to sign him. I wonder if he enjoyed Rugby?

T

tranquility

Undoubtedly. It has been spoken about ad nauseam already, but he was the best schoolboy in recent memory at least in QLD. Its easy to compare because he was at the same school as Quade, Pocock, Aidan etc and he was the most influential. Rumour has it that when the broncos were signing him the ARU sent him a blank cheque. He would make the Wallabies in 12 months at either 12 or 15 in my opinion.

T

TOCC

Has all the attributes of a world class 15, more of the playmaker style fullback then a running one.

Status
Not open for further replies.