• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Props:
Slipper
Daley
Owen
Holmes
Anae

Hooker:
Fainga'a
Hanson

Locks:
Horwill
Simmons
O'Donoghue
McDuling

Backrow
Browning
Shatz
Quirk
Gill
Robinson

Halfback
Genia
Frisby

Fly-Half
Cooper
Lucas

Centre
Fainga'a
Tapuai
Harris

Wing
Shipperly
Feauai-Sautia
Davies
Turner

Fullback
Tualagi
Toua

EPS:
Enever- Lock
Kuridrani- Wing
Kerevi- Centre
Lolo fakaosilea - Number 8
Jonah Placid - Fullback

So still 1 spot left in the main squad and a few in the EPS, who's going to take these positions?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Forwards look formidable but the backs have blokes that seem to cop plenty of injuries on a regular basis. case in point;

Ben Lucas (everything)
Chris F Sautia (those bloody hamstrings)
Rocket
Aiden Toua - would love to see Aiden have a full, injury free season in which he can build his confidence - bloke can be special - was identified inti a rookie contract after school but has just not been able to put it altogether for a sustained period to really achieve the heights (he is capable of).

Reds should have another positive season with the playing roster. Will be real interesting how RG runs the group and its culture and how the group (particularly the influential players like Horwill, Genia, Slipper, Simmons, QC (Quade Cooper), Gilly, and Ant F) respond to his "style".

I hope he subscribes to the old saying;

"If it's not broken, don't fix it."

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Not if you ever lined up at homebush although up here isnt slow just xxxx crap.. plus who would pay week in week out to here a twat yell we are red..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think your annoying gee up the crowd microphone goober is every bit annoying as the Suncorp bloke and don't get me wrong, I think he is annoying.

Brumby Jack is pretty cool though.

T

TOCC

F Will be real interesting how RG runs the group and its culture and how the group (particularly the influential players like Horwill, Genia, Slipper, Simmons, QC (Quade Cooper), Gilly, and Ant F) respond to his "style".

I hope he subscribes to the old saying;

"If it's not broken, don't fix it."

Id be disappointed if he doesn't put his touch on the playing style, the Reds try scoring ability was far too low last year and has been steadily decreasing since 2011, a change is exactly what's needed.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Woody has to stamp his own mark on the 2014 Reds. Living in Link's shadow will not progress the side.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
EPS:
Enever- Lock
Kuridrani- Wing
Kerevi- Centre
Jonah Placid - Fullback

So still 1 spot left in the main squad and a few in the EPS, who's going to take these positions?

How come the Reds get to have more than 5 in the EPS?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Woody has to stamp his own mark on the 2014 Reds. Living in Link's shadow will not progress the side.

Well he better do something with his beard if he wants to differentiate himself with Link;
lAtlrgP.jpg

T

TOCC

How come the Reds get to have more than 5 in the EPS?

they don't, those players aren't all confirmed as EPS though, a couple are just rumoured as signing with the Reds, not sure if its in the academy or wider training squad though.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Props:
Slipper
Daley
Owen
Holmes
Anae

Hooker:
Fainga'a
Hanson

Locks:
Horwill
Simmons
O'Donoghue
McDuling

Backrow
Browning
Shatz
Quirk
Gill
Robinson

Halfback
Genia
Frisby

Fly-Half
Cooper
Lucas

Centre
Fainga'a
Tapuai
Harris

Wing
Shipperly
Feauai-Sautia
Davies
Turner

Fullback
Tualagi
Toua

EPS:
Enever- Lock
Kuridrani- Wing
Kerevi- Centre
Jonah Placid - Fullback

Evidently, and I hope someone can clear this up, he's the brother of Nemani Nadolo (Ratu Nasiyangavi) and cousin to Tevita. From his highlights he looks good in contact, has really good strength and a offloading game to match. Good pick up by the Reds.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes he is Nems' little brother.

He looks like he could be a good prospect. He's appeared to be more of a footballer than Nemani who used his size as his main weapon. He doesn't look quite as big but I actually that has helped develop his game. I've only seen his highlights, are there any deficiencies in his game?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lolo is a great grab too. Bit young but he has been exceptional at schoolboy level and is incredibly underrated IMO. I thought when he left BBC that perhaps his discipline would hinder his development but he took it to another level in the AIC comp and thoroughly deserved an Aus schools jumper when there were a fair few other stellar options

. I'd be surprised if he got an EPS spot this season purely because of his age but his talent cannot be denied at this point.

Certainly one for the future. I imagine the biggest issue with him in the next year or so will be keeping him away from the 13 man code as reports are he ain't half bad at league either.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I have noticed that the reds have loaded and all confirmed signings profiles and deleted all the players definitely leaving.........Over the weekend they delted UJ's profile.........anyone confirm if the young lad is gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.