• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

I know we are chock full of backrowers, but losing Butler so early is short sighted in my opinion.

T

Tip

It seems Butler is going to the Brumbies to replace Ita Vaea,
Reds are looking a little short on stock at 6 & 8 now. With Samo & Butler gone it leaves the Reds with Quirk, Shatz, Browning for these positions. Occasionally AWH can play 6 (dare I say Horwill) but we are looking pretty short on cattle here

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pretty sure he's coming in as the long term 8 option, both Mowen and Auelua are getting close to 30 and Mowen is a better 6 anyway. Helps like hell to have a 4, 5, 6 and 8 who can jump in the lineout too.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beau can also be used at 6 in a pinch.

I believe that Schatz and Quirk played every game this year? I am pretty sure that Quirk at least started every game. No wonder both were getting flat at the end of the season. Hopefully we can get the chance to rotate / rest them a bit next year.

AWH has retired I think? It has been years since AWH has been an effective six anyway. Horwill, Simmons, McDuling and O'Donoghue will be the second rows.

T

TOCC

Will Enever be there as well? I assume in the EPS still?

It looks as though Enever is in the EPS still...
I suspect there will be a couple of back rowers in the EPS to replace the likes of Nigel Ah Wong and Samo.

Quirk, Shatz, McDuling and Browning will be the main players with Gill and Robinson on open side and both capable of playing blindside if required.

T

tranquility

Will probably suit his game..

What positions do we think we need covered in the EPS?

Who are the contenders? Greene, Gunn, Taumata as the young blokes. Who are some of the hard heads, Denny?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Tickets just booked to go and stay with my brother who lives in Canberra, perfectly timed for the Brumbies vs Reds. Thank you to the rugby gods for having this game in February before the artic blast roles into town.

You know what to expect going to Canberra in winter but Canberra stadium is exceptionally cold. Should just rename it the concrete esky.

GO THE MIGHTY REDS

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Tickets just booked to go and stay with my brother who lives in Canberra, perfectly timed for the Brumbies vs Reds. Thank you to the rugby gods for having this game in February before the artic blast roles into town.

You know what to expect going to Canberra in winter but Canberra stadium is exceptionally cold. Should just rename it the concrete esky.

GO THE MIGHTY REDS

You giant vagina, put your beer jacket on BEFORE getting there!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
You giant vagina, put your beer jacket on BEFORE getting there!
Go easy. Bloke is from Darwin.

They don't even sell beer in winter at Canberra stadium, just hot soup and steaming coffee.

igvrr2XSXoOkn.jpg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Well the car park behind the Gregan Larkham stand taught me that an NT drivers licence can remove frost from a windscreen.

Hey I've been there when the locals are bitching about the cold.

The one good side I found about the concrete esky is that before the game you can stash 6 cans under your seat before the game without them getting warm. You can't do that where I'm from. I also found that a stubby cooler is actually there to keep your hand warm rather than your beer cold. :)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Well the car park behind the Gregan Larkham stand taught me that an NT drivers licence can remove frost from a windscreen.

Hey I've been there when the locals are bitching about the cold.

The one good side I found about the concrete esky is that before the game you can stash 6 cans under your seat before the game without them getting warm. You can't do that where I'm from. I also found that a stubby cooler is actually there to keep your hand warm rather than your beer cold. :)

If your real lucky we let you into a corporate box.. Now I made the dumb but brave choice one year on my birthday to wear a t-shirt to say one box.. thinking it was inside... little did my brother tell me or me know corporate box with free booze (and wetsuit glove stubby cooler) was outside in the cold with about a minus 15 wind chill... Kurtley Beale played shit. brumbies won by a lot.. My mate said about 20 mins from the end DUDE take my hoodie you are shaking uncontrollably... it was like putting on warm apple pie...

Canberra is cold and Bruce stadium is the worst part of it. But the crowds fun, the banters great the beers quick.. I love my brumbies and its why Im still got my season ticket when I live up north in the sun :). (I get back a few games)

No better game in the world ... RUGBY !!!

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
If your real lucky we let you into a corporate box.. Now I made the dumb but brave choice one year on my birthday to wear a t-shirt to say one box.. thinking it was inside. little did my brother tell me or me know corporate box with free booze (and wetsuit glove stubby cooler) was outside in the cold with about a minus 15 wind chill. Kurtley Beale played shit. brumbies won by a lot.. My mate said about 20 mins from the end DUDE take my hoodie you are shaking uncontrollably. it was like putting on warm apple pie.

Canberra is cold and Bruce stadium is the worst part of it. But the crowds fun, the banters great the beers quick.. I love my brumbies and its why Im still got my season ticket when I live up north in the sun :). (I get back a few games)

No better game in the world . RUGBY !!!

Bloody long way to go for a quick beer:p .

Status
Not open for further replies.