• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Brumbies were lucky with injuries in 2013, Reds weren't.

Reds have had either Genia or Quade missing for half the season in the last 2 season, hopefully this changes for 2014

Genia and Quade are big losses for sure, but the Brums lost Pocock, Palmer, Vaea, McCabe and Aeulua for long periods too. Injuries will again happen to both teams in 2014. The depth in the reserves will be the telling point.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
yay, an afternoon game.

11 may, crusaders. 4:05pm

And a bunch of 6:40pm games to start, good work. Much better for taking the kids along.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
yay, an afternoon game.

11 may, crusaders. 4:05pm

And a bunch of 6:40pm games to start, good work. Much better for taking the kids along.

Have you checked they are the real time and not that daylight savings rubbish they pull down south?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Friday night games are a bit "meh" tbh... the crowd is usually pretty flat. That could just be me since it always seems to be a mad rush to get there after work.

The start of the season looks pretty tough for the reds, but then I am not so sure it's really any worse than aspects of the rebels, force and brumbies' season who all seem to have some awkward elements throughout. I haven;t looked at the other conferences yet to see how their season lies.

Still if they get a couple of runs on the board through that part - it could be galvanising for the team (or the opposite if they don't).

Having a majority of the team off wallaby duty could be a good thing in terms of training and build up I hope.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Have you checked they are the real time and not that daylight savings rubbish they pull down south?

i thought that too, but the reds website said Aus eastern standard time. That's qld time i think? Might be 6:40 here for the southern tv audience. It is an odd time though, might be a mistake.

Hope it is though, so my 5 and 7 yr olds can make it through the game ; )

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
i thought that too, but the reds website said Aus eastern standard time. That's qld time i think? Might be 6:40 here for the southern tv audience. It is an odd time though, might be a mistake.

Hope it is though, so my 5 and 7 yr olds can make it through the game ; )

That's right nugget, it's 6:40 in QLD which is 7:40 in NSW & VIC. We're still worried about our curtains fading and the cows getting confused here! Add to that some people actually believe they'd have to work an extra hour a day if DLS was introduced!

Anyway 6:40 is good as it's normally cooled off a bit by then. The Cru game in the arvo will be good with the kids as well..

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
That's right nugget, it's 6:40 in QLD which is 7:40 in NSW & VIC. We're still worried about our curtains fading and the cows getting confused here! Add to that some people actually believe they'd have to work an extra hour a day if DLS was introduced!

Anyway 6:40 is good as it's normally cooled off a bit by then. The Cru game in the arvo will be good with the kids as well..

The bolded bit is the only reason that isn't an urban myth.....

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
mi dispiace
You're fine, Ellison is a great get for the Rebs. Good players in that list.

Another Sunday arvo game would have been good - should have switched the Brumbies from a 6.40 to a 4.05pm kickoff. ;)

2014-RedsSchedule.jpg

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Reds latest Instagram post had Aiden Toua, Blake Enever along with "Easts team mates Michael Stollberg and Jack Kimmance".

Am I reading too much into that by assuming the later two have been training with the Reds? Unless why would they be at a Reds event (Corporate Tag).

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
With the Reds logo on their shits...shirts..

Edited!

"No matter how much good you've done in your life, ya misspell one word ...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Hopefully Stolly is in the Reds College, bloody deserves it.

Kimmo is pretty underrated, he is a decent prospect who tends to ge overlooked, even at Easts when Sanday and Parraka were available.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I think it may be Tahs supporters who have Reds logos on their shit, because we eat the Reds for breakfast.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds latest Instagram post had Aiden Toua, Blake Enever along with "Easts team mates Michael Stollberg and Jack Kimmance".

Am I reading too much into that by assuming the later two have been training with the Reds? Unless why would they be at a Reds event (Corporate Tag).

Stolly and JK were playing in the event as club reps. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.