• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I suspect Graham will stay with defence. But I would love to know who's doing what at the Reds.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah, but this side could put out a class outfit:

Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore, Jamie Mackintosh, Brad Thorn, Jarrad Hoeata, TJ Ioane, John Hardie, Mose Tuiali'i, Aaron Smith, Colin Slade, Hosea Gear, Ma'a Nonu, Tamati Ellison, Kade Poki, Ben Smith.

17% win record. Rang the changes but never gelled. The right time and practice has to be put in to get the team

except that Tamati Ellison is now a REBEL :)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
except that Tamati Ellison is now a REBEL :)
You missed Woodcock re-signed with the Blues, Slade to Crusaders, Nonu and Hore released, Mackintosh at the Chiefs, Gear at Toulouse, Poki in Japan.

..... Because their team of assembled names failed last year!!

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Anyone got a list of the new academy/EPS players that started down at the Reds this week with the preseason kickoff (website not updated with their ugly mugs)?

I know the 2 young'ens from my club who are on board. Interested to hear who else from clubland will be training with the QLDXV in 2014.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brumbies (A) - 22 Feb
Waratahs (A) - 1 Mar
Cheetahs (H)- 7 Mar
Sharks (A) - 15 Mar
Lions (A) - 22 Mar
Stormers (H) - 29 Mar
Force (H) - 5 Apr
Brumbies (H) - 11 Apr
BYE
Hurricanes (A) - 26 Apr
Blues (A) - 2 May
Crusaders (H) - 11 May (Sunday arvo :) )
Rebels (H) - 17 May
BYE
Highlanders (H) - 30 May
BREAK
Rebels (A) - 27 Jun
Force (A) - 5 Jul
Waratahs (H) - 12 Jul

My predictions for season
Brumbies (A) - 22 Feb 1pt
Waratahs (A) - 1 Mar 1pt
Cheetahs (H)- 7 Mar 4pts
Sharks (A) - 15 Mar 1pt
Lions (A) - 22 Mar 1pt
Stormers (H) - 29 Mar 4pts
Force (H) - 5 Apr 5pts
Brumbies (H) - 11 Apr 4pts
BYE
Hurricanes (A) - 26 Apr 4pts
Blues (A) - 2 May 4pts
Crusaders (H) - 11 May (Sunday arvo :) ) 1pts
Rebels (H) - 17 May 5pts
BYE
Highlanders (H) - 30 May 4pts
BREAK
Rebels (A) - 27 Jun 4pts
Force (A) - 5 Jul 1pt
Waratahs (H) - 12 Jul 4pt

43 points from games plus 8 points from byes gives a total of 51 points.

I hope I am wrong because I think we need 55+ points.

We really need to win both games against the tahs and then win at home against the Brumbies and get a bonus point away to have a shot at the finals.

T

TOCC

Anyone got a list of the new academy/EPS players that started down at the Reds this week with the preseason kickoff (website not updated with their ugly mugs)?

I know the 2 young'ens from my club who are on board. Interested to hear who else from clubland will be training with the QLDXV in 2014.

Australian Schoolboys number 8 Lolo (junior) Fakaosilea has been signed on a 2 year contract reportedly

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I spoke to one of the guys who is training with them and he said things haven't been settled yet and they wont know exactly what the deal is until November. He is just in the Academy so I'd say the EPS is sorted.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Davies Turner and Shipperly - Some lightning collective pace IF unleashed. Would have to be the fastest back 3 in S15. Lets hope Genia keeps passing off the gorund.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Waratahs (A) - 1 Mar 1pt
Cheetahs (H)- 7 Mar 4pts
Sharks (A) - 15 Mar 1pt
Lions (A) - 22 Mar 1pt
Force (H) - 5 Apr 5pts
BYE
Blues (A) - 2 May 4pts
Rebels (H) - 17 May 5pts
BYE
BREAK
Rebels (A) - 27 Jun 4pts
Force (A) - 5 Jul 1pt

We really need to win both games against the tahs and then win at home against the Brumbies and get a bonus point away to have a shot at the finals.

Bit pessimistic if you think we can't beat the Lions away.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Waratahs (A) - 1 Mar 1pt
Cheetahs (H)- 7 Mar 4pts
Sharks (A) - 15 Mar 1pt
Lions (A) - 22 Mar 1pt
Force (H) - 5 Apr 5pts
BYE
Blues (A) - 2 May 4pts
Rebels (H) - 17 May 5pts
BYE
BREAK
Rebels (A) - 27 Jun 4pts
Force (A) - 5 Jul 1pt

Think you might have short changed the Reds against the Lions, but the biggest doubt must lie with expected 4 points earned against the Hurricanes away. Have you been watching the Wellington team in the ITM this year? They are awesome, and are leading the comp, having just dealt the second team, Auckland, a 50 point (or thereabouts) hiding. The Hurricanes will be almost the same team as far as I can gauge. I think they will offer stern opposition to the Chiefs and Crusaders to top the NZ conference in 2014.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Good to hear Cooper will be defending in the mid-field next season. Need to rely on people other than him and Genia if next year will be a success.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Think you might have short changed the Reds against the Lions, but the biggest doubt must lie with expected 4 points earned against the Hurricanes away. Have you been watching the Wellington team in the ITM this year? They are awesome, and are leading the comp, having just dealt the second team, Auckland, a 50 point (or thereabouts) hiding. The Hurricanes will be almost the same team as far as I can gauge. I think they will offer stern opposition to the Chiefs and Crusaders to top the NZ conference in 2014.

ITM form is decidedly ropey when assessing Super form for next year. It won't be an easy four but a close win is likely.

I'd guess there'll be another two or three attacking bonus points coming the Reds way next year, which if you reverse the Lions result makes a projected 56-57. But not much has to go wrong to make that less than 55 and no semi's.

As a tipster with a very poor record, I think the top two conference sides will be the Tahs and Brumbies, with the Reds storming home to 7th or 8th position after a very slow start.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I see what you're saying there Hawko, but I do think since JW dummy spit I'm less worried about the Brumbies than I was before.

I think the Reds, Tahs & Brumbies will all be there or thereabouts with the team with the least injuries finishing on top of the Aussie Conference.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
ITM form is decidedly ropey when assessing Super form for next year. It won't be an easy four but a close win is likely.

I'd guess there'll be another two or three attacking bonus points coming the Reds way next year, which if you reverse the Lions result makes a projected 56-57. But not much has to go wrong to make that less than 55 and no semi's.

As a tipster with a very poor record, I think the top two conference sides will be the Tahs and Brumbies, with the Reds storming home to 7th or 8th position after a very slow start.

I think the Aus conference will be very close next year. Expect the Reds, Tahs and Brumbies to fight out the top spots but both Force and Rebels look to be improvers as well. Taking this year as a starting point, the Tahs are improvers and have a good shot at top 6. The Brumbies had a special year but the coaching situation might work against us in 2014. However, if either Bernie or Laurie are appointed, I expect the structures to remain pretty much the same and they will have another good shot at reaching the finals. The Reds to my mind were the team that showed signs of going backwards and with coaching changes could struggle in the end.

T

TOCC

Brumbies were lucky with injuries in 2013, Reds weren't...

Reds have had either Genia or Quade missing for half the season in the last 2 season, hopefully this changes for 2014

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
You missed Woodcock re-signed with the Blues, Slade to Crusaders, Nonu and Hore released, Mackintosh at the Chiefs, Gear at Toulouse, Poki in Japan.

... Because their team of assembled names failed last year!!
sorry my bad

thought you were talking 2014

mi dispiace:oops:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
<snip>

v the Reds team of:
Greg Holmes, James Hanson, James Slipper, Rob Simmons, James Horwill, Ed Quirk, Liam Gill, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Quade Cooper, Rod Davies, Ben Tapuai, Anthony Fainga'a, Dom Shipperly, Lachie Turner
<snip>

That is a good looking team, that on a good day would do very well in Soup 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.