• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just watching the wallaby classics on one. Hynsie such an intelligent footballer with skills to burn. Anyone know how he is going?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Reds latest Instagram post had Aiden Toua, Blake Enever along with "Easts team mates Michael Stollberg and Jack Kimmance".

Am I reading too much into that by assuming the later two have been training with the Reds? Unless why would they be at a Reds event (Corporate Tag).

I hope you're not. I played on Friday so I'll be sitting by the phone for my call from RG about playing in 2014.

T

TOCC

Anybody else get phone bombed by James Horwill the other night about renewing memberships. Big Kev must have been excited because shit, I couldn't get a word in to tell him about what membership I wanted. :)

Oh my goodness, he should be focussing on the AB's game this weekend... Between this and players negotiating new Jersey sponsors for the wallabies, no wonder they have been losing...
:p

T

TOCC

Pretty excited by the Reds chances in 2014, the impact of having an inform Quade Cooper and Will Genia both starting the season for the first time since 2011 can't be underestimated..

Everyone's talking about the Brumbies and the Waratahs, but I think QLD's well placed, the coaching transition has been in planning for 18months and apart from Digby the starting squad is largely the same.

Guys like QC (Quade Cooper), Genia and Horwill are all seasoned veterans now and should hit 100caps in 2014.. The bulk of the squad has over 50 caps to their names these days and even the young guys like Tapuai and Gill should hit 50 in 2014 with injury permitting.. They may still be a young squad but experience isn't an issue.

There is quality new blood coming through as well, Curtis Browning and CFS are two of the best young players in the county.. Turner is a good acquisition and whilst not of the Ioane mould he is a good clubman and should fill a pivotal role in the backline..

Any word when the EPS is getting released and who's in it?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Turner is more in the Peter Hynes mould. It's good to have these types of players involved. CFS strikes me as having the Digby mould so there is some scope for replication.

The player that will be hard to replace is Samo. Sure he slowed down but the impact he can have on a game is rare.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Turner is more in the Peter Hynes mould. It's good to have these types of players involved. CFS strikes me as having the Digby mould so there is some scope for replication.

The player that will be hard to replace is Samo. Sure he slowed down but the impact he can have on a game is rare.

CFS has had issues with his hammy's since he came on the scene. Hope he does nor replicate Toua's terrible run of injuries.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wish I could share your optimism @TOCC.

Alas, too often I stare into my half empty glass and ponder the coming year under a new coach with a less than stellar record and the impact that may bring.

I just don't know what to expect.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Alas, too often I stare into my half empty glass and ponder the coming year under a new coach with a less than stellar record and the impact that may bring.

stare into that glass and realise that improvement is a real possibility, there is plenty of room in the glass

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)

Add some rum to it & you'll be surprised how suddenly the Reds 2014 prospects look really good! (until the next morning).

It will certainly be a litmus year for Graham.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Just saw in an article on the front page of GAGR that Schatz is set to miss next season........I hope its not true but if it is, who would play no.8?

I guess browning will be injected but will he or quirk pack down at the back?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure Browning is ready to step up to start all season.

Shatz would have been looking forward to a big year and will really be missed. 12 months is a long time, is that correct?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Meniscus repair usually has a couple of months recovery; more like 12 weeks than 12 months for Schatz who presumably should be back next season.

But I think Browning is that rare type of player who could step up to the Supe in the forwards at only age 19. He just gives that impression.

Not saying he is going to start every time, but Browning brings a solid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.