• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So we are looking at .....

1- Ben Daley
2- Saia Fainga'a
3- James Slipper
4- James Horwill
5- Rob Simmons
6- Ed Quirk
7- Liam Gill
8- Jake Shatz
9- Will Genia
10- Mike Harris
11- Lachie Turner
12- Ben Tapuai
13- Anthony Fainga'a
14- Dom Shipperely
15- Aiden Toua

Bench: James Hanson, Albert Anae, Greg Holmes, Dave McDuling/Ed O'Donoghue, Curtis Browning, Nick Frisby, Chris Sautia, Ben Lucas

Loose head prop, blindside flank, right wing and outside centre could be either way (Quirk and Fainga'a with small injuries).

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So we are looking at ...

1- Ben Daley
2- Saia Fainga'a
3- James Slipper
4- James Horwill
5- Rob Simmons
6- Ed Quirk
7- Liam Gill
8- Jake Shatz
9- Will Genia
10- Mike Harris
11- Lachie Turner
12- Ben Tapuai
13- Anthony Fainga'a
14- Dom Shipperely
15- Aiden Toua

Bench: James Hanson, Albert Anae, Greg Holmes, Dave McDuling/Ed O'Donoghue, Curtis Browning, Nick Frisby, Chris Sautia, Ben Lucas

Loose head prop, blindside flank, right wing and outside centre could be either way (Quirk and Fainga'a with small injuries).
Have I missed something is Quade out ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No. All reports I've read say he's still likely to start next week.
Apparently no damage came up on X-ray or MRI but he is a bit stif and sore. Reds will be getting word from medical staff tomorrow and will be updating the fans then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would be surprised if Quirky is out. Think it was more of a stinger than anything. Would be more concerned about Shippers going off limping but hoping that he will also be fine.

If Ant is selected at all I think he will be on the bench. Not because of the knock he got but because Mikey has performed exceptionally in the 12 jersey for the trials & as tranquility said he really looks short of a gallop.

Also think that the experiment of Slipper at LHP does not need to be repeated. I think that he showed that he is a better THP on the weekend. IMO.

T

tranquility

Not sure if he is necessarily better at TH, but our front row is definitely better as a unit when he is at TH. We need to get PAE back.

If Shippers is out, or even if he isn't I would be very interested in seeing Kuridrani debut. All reports that he is looking very dangerous.

Davies doesn't cut the mustard for me. Can do miraculous things, but he just doesn't have a good game sense, and get's rag dolled too much.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Apparently there was a Reds A v Australian Barbarians. Does anyone know the teams or result for this.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds A beat the Aus Baabaas 34 - 33 on the buzzer. Don't know much, but I believe that the Baabaas led for most of the game.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep Baabaas lead for most of the game and the Reds A won on the buzzer. As an unexpected result. From memory the defence of the Reds A was the issue.

I have the program at home so will get it a lunch time & scan a picture in with the teams for you.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure if he is necessarily better at TH, but our front row is definitely better as a unit when he is at TH. We need to get PAE back.

If Shippers is out, or even if he isn't I would be very interested in seeing Kuridrani debut. All reports that he is looking very dangerous.

Davies doesn't cut the mustard for me. Can do miraculous things, but he just doesn't have a good game sense, and get's rag dolled too much.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Kuridrani is looking dangerous but not sure if wing will be the first option for him. Would expect CFS or even Toua to be used before him.

Rod's speed doesn't seem to get him out of trouble.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Rod's form last year (when fit) showed a marked improvement from years gone by. Still not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but a number of the deficiencies that are being identified I think were more prominent in the 2011/12 model Davies. His pace still scores points but.

I think given some game time he will surprise quite a few people but much like Quade and his 'defensive issues' he will cop the same criticism long after he has improved those aspects of his game.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I remember Davies coming in and playing a cracking game last year against the chiefs. I've never been the biggest fan (for the reasons opined by others above) but he's not a bad back-up when the inevitable injuries hit. His speed is a point of difference that can be useful if used correctly. Certainly well behind Turner, Ships, CFS in my books.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
If Rod learned to use the men around him as well as he uses his speed there'd be no reason that he cold not start every week.

Wasn't that Chiefs game the one where he blew the most ridiculous overload to the left side after making a big break mid field? I seem to remember the play slowing down because of the space between the first and second defensive lines and Digby screaming his head off for Rod to pass the ball, and instead he drifted right and the easy try died in contact. May have been another game but it was definitely a big indicator that he still doesn't "get" it. He's a phenomenal athlete but seemingly just an average rugby player - it happens.

I love the way he uses his speed as a weapon, but there are absolutely still major deficiencies in other departments.

T

TOCC

Closer the season gets the more I think Digby is going to be missed. He was a third world class back and a game changer.

He will definitely be missed, he was a very good player, but given his injury run and his lack of games for Stade Francais this season, makes you wonder whether the rumours about his knees been buggered held some truth.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Kuridrani is looking dangerous but not sure if wing will be the first option for him. Would expect CFS or even Toua to be used before him.

Rod's speed doesn't seem to get him out of trouble.

What chance Kuridrani v Kuridrani in the Brumbies/Reds game?

Status
Not open for further replies.