• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
What about Rocket Rod instead of Shipperely?

I wasn't aware that he was available until he played on the weekend (at least that's according to the Reds twitter).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
As an aside, I liked the warm-up jerseys/shirts that the boys were wearing in Toowoomba. If these go on sale I think the reds would make a killing as a lot of other people commented as well.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Red & white hoops.

At 31 sec point here -

As to Harris & CFS - yes. Will be interesting to see how they go. Reckon this is what Woody is thinking for the first game?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Shipps probably the most under pressure for his spot but I just think when he's in form (which he wasn't last year) he's a bloody asset. Fast and strong (still learning to use his body), very good defender, and likes to get involved. CFS impact from the bench.

I thought he was pretty good against the Lions, definitely the high point of his season last year for me.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Red & white hoops.

At 31 sec point here -

As to Harris & CFS - yes. Will be interesting to see how they go. Reckon this is what Woody is thinking for the first game?
The Reds media guys do a great job,they have really twigged to the fact the fans like to hear from the players more than just a package of highlights from a game.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
As an aside, I liked the warm-up jerseys/shirts that the boys were wearing in Toowoomba. If these go on sale I think the reds would make a killing as a lot of other people commented as well.

They are on sale - $65 each. I think/hope same sizing as the training shirts.

Saw them in the Merchandise van at the fan day and OneRugby & eBay have them too. Haven't landed in Reds online shop yet though.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Does anyone have a team list for the Australian Barbarians that are facing Reds A in the curtain Raiser?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Our centres are a bloody good problem to have.
The wayy I see it
Fainga'a - probably our best 13 on balance of attack and D, can play 12
CFS - probably our most dynamic attacking option at 13, can play wing equally well
Tapuai - a 12 with great feet, acceleration, short passing/kicking game and reliable D. Lacks some top speed and loses a little shine when playing at 13.
Harris - a taller 12 who brings many similar attributes plus a bit more long passing/kicking to the table. Footwork not quite as good but still runs good lines. Reliable and occasionally dominant defender. Can play 15 but loses alot of opportunity to express his skills and can get done for speed.

I actually think that if the relative fitness and readiness to play wasn't an issue, 13 should belong to ant Fainga'a for now, with taps and mikey to fight it out for the 12 jersey. Then you play CFS at 11, and 2 out of the Toua, Turner and shipperley at FB/other wing.

Our bench is going to have
21. Lucas or Frisby
22. A wallaby centre or lucas
23. A wallaby capped winger or toua

Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.