• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Its quite incredible how low the turnover is in the Reds top squad for 2013... I expect that will probably grow in coming years as the salary cap and playing opportunities play a bigger role...

Ive crossed-out those no longer in the squad

Reds 2011:
James Horwill,
Albert Anae,
Will Chambers,
Quade Cooper,
Ben Daley,
Rod Davies,
Anthony Fainga'a,
Saia Fainga'a,
Will Genia,
Liam Gill,
James Hanson,
Michael Harris,
Scott Higginbotham,
Greg Holmes,
Leroy Houston,
Van Humphries,
Peter Hynes,
Digby Ioane,
Ben Lucas,
Luke Morahan,
Ed Quirk,
Radike Samo,
Jake Schatz,
Guy Shepherdson,
Dom Shipperley,
Rob Simmons,
Kimami Sitauti,
James Slipper,
Ben Tapuai,
Lei Tomiki,
Adam Wallace-Harrison

T

TOCC

Queensland Reds 2010 (First year with McKenzie in charge)
Leroy Houston
Ben Daley
Greg Holmes
James Horwill
Ben Lucas
Saia Fainga'a
Anthony Fainga'a
Peter Hynes
Blair Connor
Robert Simmons
James Hanson
Rodney Davies
Aiden Toua
Dayna Edwards
Scott Higginbotham
Poutasi Luafutu
Brando Vaalu
Charlie Fetoai
Quade Cooper
Adam Byrnes
Laurie Weeks
Jack Kennedy
Mark McLinden
Morgan Turinui
Ezra Taylor
Daniel Braid
Van Humphreys
Sean Hardman
Will Genia
Luke Morahan
Will Chambers
Lei Tomiki
Richard Kingi

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
The ARU may get a lot of things wrong, but I think they managed the entrance of the Rebels quite well.

I can see only three players from that 2010 squad that went to the Rebels (Weeks, Byrnes and Kingi) and at the time I only really thought Weeks was a big loss.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Former Rebels prop Jono Owen is the 30th contracted player

Good to see Jono get a new contract. I thought he was quite a solid performer in his time at the Rebels and I thought he had done enough to get a new contract with the Rebels. Good luck at the Reds Jono.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I expect Malouf, Browning and Placid will be involved in some form next year. Maybe a couple of other uni forwards as well. In the club rugby thread people are mentioning Rex Tapuai, Dion Taumata and Nigal Ah Wong as well.

What is the point of having an ARU academy in brisbane if the reds have a separate academy. They might as well close it down and split the money between melbourne, perth and canberra.
Apparently Taumata might still be in the ARU group. Danny Routledge is training in the "Reds Academy" though.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I like the idea of having the Reds Academy, but I assume this means that a majority of the stronger National Academy players won't be able to part of the Reds system directly?

T

TOCC

Stronger?

The NTS focuses on the 17-20yr old bracket almost exclusively, in many circumstances these aren't the players you want coming into an injury depleted super rugby team.. A 24yr old with premier rugby experience, physical and mental maturity who has been training with the squad is a much "stronger" candidate..

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Stronger?

The NTS focuses on the 17-20yr old bracket almost exclusively, in many circumstances these aren't the players you want coming into an injury depleted super rugby team.. A 24yr old with premier rugby experience, physical and mental maturity who has been training with the squad is a much "stronger" candidate..

I think if you read the actual list of players youw ill find tha tthere is alot of people over 20

T

tranquility

He is the fifth prop in the squad, who else in the country is more experienced to play that role if we are in a crisis? I cant argue with who Links picks as his props, as he probably gets sticking his head into tight spaces better than i do.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I dont think he was dumped by the brumbies....it was more of a mutual split. The rebels also only signed him on short term deal as they had a plethora of good props but they were all injured

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
He was dumped by the brumbies, they might sugar coat it for the media but he was dumped and the rebels have lost props if he was any good they would have tried to keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.