• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeh but Tom carter is still there in front of him I would suggest. However chances are he could be on a full Gig. As halangahu is gone

I don't think you have to exhaust all your options before you use your EPS though. If they decided they wanted Lane on the bench they'd just have to be playing Foley or Barnes at a position other than 10.

The Australian is reporting that it is an EPS contract.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...self-at-waratahs/story-e6frg7o6-1226464268088

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If cooper doesnt sign with the ARU than sam lane has probably made one of the worst decisions of his life. But the indications at the moment seem to suggest he will sign, and as such going to the tahs will be a good move as he will see more gametime.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeh but Tom carter is still there in front of him I would suggest. However chances are he could be on a full Gig. As halangahu is gone

Where has Halangahu gone? I am surprised the tahs eventually signed Carter, from reports I was hearing mid season they weren't offering him a contract and he was trying to get a league gig because no other S15 club would have him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's not true that no other Super 15 club would have him.

He didn't want to leave Sydney.

The Tahs ended up offering him a lower contract than what he was previously on.

Halangahu has signed with Zebre in Italy.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That's not true that no other Super 15 club would have him.

He didn't want to leave Sydney.

The Tahs ended up offering him a lower contract than what he was previously on.

Halangahu has signed with Zebre in Italy.

Yer it was surprising to hear not even Force would want him, but it was funny so I chose to believe it.

What is the competition that Zebre play in? Don't 1 or 2 Italian clubs play in the Welsch/scotish/irish league?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Has there been much discussion on this thread about the outside centre position next year and beyond?

I know at the beginning of the year Easts and Reds were training Aidan as a 13. And F'Sautia played 13 for Aus U20s.

T

TOCC

I dont really see Aidan as a 13, to small...

Given the number of 12's we have in the team, i imagine we will continue to see A. Fainga'a and B. Tapuai shifted to outside centre

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I dont really see Aidan as a 13, to small.

Given the number of 12's we have in the team, i imagine we will continue to see A. Fainga'a and B. Tapuai shifted to outside centre

Wow, I would not call him small. Also his King of the Gym title would also make me think he Strength and speed compensates for the 3kg he gives up to Fainga'a.

He is also only 3cm shorter, but 3 kgs heavier then Horne and same height as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

But, still he is no Mortlock/Herbert.

T

TOCC

I didnt realise his stats indicated he was so big... I thought he looked a lot leaner when ive seen him playing

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
He was quite lean out of school. But the last 2 off seasons he has put on considerable baulk. His natural physique and dedication to training and diet means he will never have the puppyfat look that Taps has (who isn't carrying extra weight, its just his natural body shape to have a big butt and puffy cheeks)

T

tranquility

I truly don't think Aidan is a 13, Taps is also not a 13 and I dont mind Ant at 13 at super level.

The truth is, the Reds need a hard running and intelligent 13 badly, Tamati Ellison would be perfect.

If Toua were to play 15, I would like to see Morahan get a go there. However I think that Sautia will grow into the position.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think you have to exhaust all your options before you use your EPS though. If they decided they wanted Lane on the bench they'd just have to be playing Foley or Barnes at a position other than 10.

The Australian is reporting that it is an EPS contract.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...self-at-waratahs/story-e6frg7o6-1226464268088

I am pretty sure the rules are there has to be injuries. Because I know the force upgraded players like cottrel mis season so h could be chosen on form

L

Linebacker_41

I truly don't think Aidan is a 13, Taps is also not a 13 and I dont mind Ant at 13 at super level.

The truth is, the Reds need a hard running and intelligent 13 badly, Tamati Ellison would be perfect.

If Toua were to play 15, I would like to see Morahan get a go there. However I think that Sautia will grow into the position.

Love you work Tranquility.

F-Sautia is the natural heir apparent for the Reds #13. It will probably be another 2 years until he gets there though. His hammies are holding him back.

I remember he missed the National Schoolboys test team due to his hammies and the had repeated issues this season as well.

If he gets it sorted though then he will mature nicely into this slot.

In the meantime Ant running in the #13 jumper is critical to organising the defense. This defensive organisation is something that Taps will need need to learn as I expect that Ant and Saia with their 1yr deals might move on to greener pastures in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.