• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Having only just seen the game, didn't Butler look good? Very strong carry, and presentation of the ball due to winning the contact. Running a channel wider definitely agreed with him.

Who played the better on Saturday night, Butler or Browning?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Hard to compare with the difference in minutes. I don't blame him for it, but sadly for Browning one of the more noticeable things he did was give away the penalty that got the Bulls out of their red zone with one minute to go. Just one of those things really.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
And from my observations I thought he did more in that 15 or so minutes than Butler did with his 50 odd minutes. Maybe what Browning did stood out more than Butler's contributions, but that's how I saw it. Don't know whats funny about it? Neither of them disgraced themselves or looked out of their depth though.....

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Our rookie players are doing well. They are finding their feet at the top level and they have not hampered the team in doing so. Patience is required to let these players develop without the pressure of being "the next big thing".

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Is it strange that I'd actually rather watch old Reds games than the new games from the other franchises? Just didn't want anyone to forget about this:

Brilliantly entertaining by the Reds. So much straight and hard lines being run, so much support coming off of QC (Quade Cooper) and Sanchez with great timing. Dagg for the Highlanders kicking goals, Barnes being referred to as a "formidable" player, Samo locking, Shatz at 7, our incumbent 7 was a friggin Kiwi. Just a great reminder that nothing is permanent except for the fact that change is always constant. That thought definitely got me through some of the seriously depressing patches of last year. I think it's a pretty great foil for what seems to be QCs return to form too, if the entire team can continue to tighten up and get to attack like we know they used to, look out everyone. I also completely forgot what Quirk used to look like.

38:55

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Scott, in regard to line breaks being down in 2012 and 2013 when compared to 2011 after 7 games, I would think that not having the Ginea/Cooper combination for 2012/13 until after game 5 would certainly be a factor for the backs.

I agree - the stats back up the view that it's the combination of both of them as it was in 2011. In 2012 it was Genia on his own and in 2013 it started as Cooper on his own.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It's starting to go west:

Force prepare to launch another raid on Reds
Nick Taylor, The West Australian April 2, 2013, 7:54 am​
The Western Force are set to make a mini-raid on the Queensland Reds as the Super Rugby club looks to build its stocks for next season. They are confident of signing outside back Luke Morahan and hooker James Hanson from the Brisbane club this week.​
Morahan, a single-Test Wallaby and Sevens representative, has been competing with Rod Davies and Dom Shipperley for a wing spot this season.​
Hanson, a mobile hooker with a high work rate who made his Reds debut three years ago, has also made one Wallabies appearance. The Force tried to sign Hanson in 2012 but he decided to stay with the Reds for another year despite facing the prospect of being behind Wallabies hooker Saia Fainga'a.​
The Force are after another second-rower and had talks with the Reds' Rob Simmons, but he will stay in Queensland despite interest from the Melbourne Rebels. The Force hope to re-sign Hugh McMeniman who is Australia's best performing second-rower this season.​
They are also on the hunt for a game-breaking outside centre .....​

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
It's starting to go west:

Force prepare to launch another raid on Reds
Nick Taylor, The West Australian April 2, 2013, 7:54 am​
The Western Force are set to make a mini-raid on the Queensland Reds as the Super Rugby club looks to build its stocks for next season. They are confident of signing outside back Luke Morahan and hooker James Hanson from the Brisbane club this week.​
Morahan, a single-Test Wallaby and Sevens representative, has been competing with Rod Davies and Dom Shipperley for a wing spot this season.​
Hanson, a mobile hooker with a high work rate who made his Reds debut three years ago, has also made one Wallabies appearance. The Force tried to sign Hanson in 2012 but he decided to stay with the Reds for another year despite facing the prospect of being behind Wallabies hooker Saia Fainga'a.​
The Force are after another second-rower and had talks with the Reds' Rob Simmons, but he will stay in Queensland despite interest from the Melbourne Rebels. The Force hope to re-sign Hugh McMeniman who is Australia's best performing second-rower this season.​
They are also on the hunt for a game-breaking outside centre ...​

Isn't Saia as good as gone already? Hanson has developed incredibly well, even if Saia stays I don't think we can afford to let him go. Are there any promising young hookers in the wider group?

I'm okay with letting Morahan go. He's come along well but he's been stuck behind a lot of talent here and while he's good I don't think he is better or has potential to be better than our younger guys.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Good news on Beau Robbo

Yes because playing for the Force must be so appealing.

I suspect Luke Morahan will go. The Reds have a log jam of outside backs and it's probably a good move for him to get a regular gig at 15.

Dunno about Hanson, though. I think he would be a big Reds loss. How many minutes is he averaging per game this year? 30? 40?

Maybe Hanson would get more starts at the Force, but what will they do with Nathan Charles? Will he then get 30 or 40 minutes in the second half - or does he go to the Rebels?

Status
Not open for further replies.