• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Shatz gave a couple too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Quirk should be dropped and sent back to play club rugby for a while. How many penalities did he give away?

I don't mind a player overreaching and going a bit too far, but Quirk's transgressions were just outright stupidity.
Bit of an over-reaction? haha

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Nah, both him & Shatz have been liabilities the last couple of weeks Tigerland. Hopefully they can pull their heads in & hold the pill & not give away senseless penalties. It's hurting the team atm.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
A bit of constraint on over enthusiasm and more discipline for sure. Dropping them back to club rugby is not the answer.

We have lapped up the hard edge Quirk has shown this year so should expect this as part of his learning curve. He is learning his boundries but I don't want him losing that hard edge.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A bit of constraint on over enthusiasm and more discipline for sure. Dropping them back to club rugby is not the answer.

We have lapped up the hard edge Quirk has shown this year so should expect this as part of his learning curve. He is learning his boundries but I don't want him losing that hard edge.

How about if he learns the laws of the game? Schoolboys don't give away these sorts of penalities. Even hard schoolboys. :):)

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Please don't change the three at the back of the pack (Quirk, Shatz and Gill). As a unit they are working well.

Agree, I think Gill missing last night was the key. They have to work hard on holding the ball a bit better though (esp. Shatz) & watch the silly penalties ( Quirk) There is nothing wrong with their work ethic though & they looked great in the first few weeks, Brumbies game aside.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am just putting that onto enthusiasm by the young guys ATM. It'll come good (I hope).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well the penalties & the poor ball security & total lack of turn overs. Other than that they went ok.

Is this like the Month Python Sketch "What have the Romans done for us?"

"All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?"

T

tranquility

Having only just seen the game, didn't Butler look good? Very strong carry, and presentation of the ball due to winning the contact. Running a channel wider definitely agreed with him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At the start of the season, Quirk looked like a wild man battering the opposition with his red mullet and moustache.

After the Bulls game he looks like a hillbilly bogan who couldn't comprehend the basic laws of the game.

Maybe it's time for a haircut to try and make himself look a little more intelligent. It could work wonders for him. I know that personally I gain 10 IQ points when I wear my glasses to work.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ A haircut and shave seemed to do the necessary for Higgers last year IIRC.

You may be on to something Braveheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.