• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He has tweeted that he is still in Team Rehab. He sounds pretty keen to get out of it though. I think this article is just a case of getting some news out. They need to generate some interest before the trials.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Larger article on Foxsports about this. Daley and AWH are said to be options by McKenzie. Daley having captained in trials and Gill & Schatz leading the U20's.

For Daley to be Captain, that would mean he should be starting? I guess that means you can have Slipper on the bench until the Super season kicks off, but I'd much prefer to experience AWH has to be guiding us through.

T

TOCC

Slipper had a pretty heavy workload in 2012 and Daley missed the majority of the season through injury, I think starting Daley would be the preference for the trial matches

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Talk that Ah Wong has been training the house down at the Reds. Could be a dark horse for a spot in the 22 this year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He's a 6 and a lineout option. Has won the "Spirit of the Reds" award a few times at training. Apparently it's given out each week for the best trainer.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Talk that Ah Wong has been training the house down at the Reds. Could be a dark horse for a spot in the 22 this year.
I got the same word Jets, apparently he's putting a lot of pressure on guys in the contracted 35. So good that we have such depth even down to the club players.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He started as a Centre in Colts 2 when he came to Sunnybank 4-5 years ago. Made massive strides when he moved to the backrow. Has plenty of pace and good hands.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
He sounds like just what we need to replace Higgers, that is an impressive highlights reel! How old is he, 22 or 23 I'm guessing?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Around that age. He's a good prospect but I wouldn't want to put to much pressure on him. He's still pretty raw. Just mentioned him as a few guys have said he's grabbed his opportunity with both hands.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Around that age. He's a good prospect but I wouldn't want to put to much pressure on him. He's still pretty raw. Just mentioned him as a few guys have said he's grabbed his opportunity with both hands.

He's got a good built to play the everyman role off the bench, covering 6-8.

T

TOCC

He provides depth in the squad, i wouldn't be considering him for a bench position let alone a starting position just yet...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
You would think that the 22 would come from the top 30 squad unless there are lots on injuries. Quirk and Robinson are a couple in the top squad who could cover 6 and if they start Samo at 8 Schatz can play there. It's just good that the guys who are part of the Reds College are not just making up the numbers.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
You would think that the 22 would come from the top 30 squad unless there are lots on injuries. Quirk and Robinson are a couple in the top squad who could cover 6 and if they start Samo at 8 Schatz can play there. It's just good that the guys who are part of the Reds College are not just making up the numbers.

You would have to once again wonder where does the National Academy fit into the picture. While I believe that Ah Wong has been elevated to EPS, the Reds academy certainly have the advantage over the NA in terms of getting a run following an injury to the main squad. The Reds would hardly go for someone from the NA over someone who has been training with them all year. Makes a joke of it

T

TOCC

You would have to once again wonder where does the National Academy fit into the picture. While I believe that Ah Wong has been elevated to EPS, the Reds academy certainly have the advantage over the NA in terms of getting a run following an injury to the main squad. The Reds would hardly go for someone from the NA over someone who has been training with them all year. Makes a joke of it

The reds won't call on the national academy unless there is a real injury crisis...

T

TOCC

well i think when it was initially set-up the ARU sold it differently so they could cut the funding to the clubs, however now i think its purpose is evolving evolving primarily to serve the U20's and 7's...

Status
Not open for further replies.