• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Reds want $50 for a grandstand seat for their trial games. Bit rich if you ask me. Will be interesting to see the crowd numbers they get.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Lions' fixture list for 2013 (which includes Lions Challenge matches and excludes Currie Cup games):
19 January: Lions v Russia - Ellis Park, Johannesburg

So soon, that's tomorrow! The Saffas can play rugby early in the year if they want to.

I wonder if Adam Byrnes is playing for the Russians. He did tour with them last year IIRC.

Reds want $50 for a grandstand seat for their trial games. Bit rich if you ask me. Will be interesting to see the crowd numbers they get.

Maybe 3-5k? Speaking of soon, it's only 2 weeks away now.

Interesting couple of months to start for the Reds. Some good opposition sides but not much travel. Plenty of home games.

Trial . Sa 02 Feb H Blues, Toowoomba, hh:mm
Trial . Fr 08 Feb H Chiefs, Sunshine Coast, 19:00
Rd. 1. Sa 16 Feb A Brumbies, Canberra, 18:40 AEST
Rd. 2. Sa 23 Feb H Waratahs, Brisbane, 18:40
Rd. 3. Fr 01 Mar A Hurricanes, Brisbane, 20:15
Rd. 4. Fr 08 Mar H Rebels, Melbourne, 18:40 AEST
Rd. 5. Sa 16 Mar H Force, Brisbane, 18:40
Rd. 6. Sa 23 Mar H Bulls, Brisbane, 18:40
Rd. 7. Fr 29 Mar A Highlanders, Dunedin, 16:35 AEST.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)

What's an individual fixture game ticket worth Jets? $50 does seem high when you consider these games sometimes descend into a shifight with replacements willy nilly.

T

TOCC

There really isn't a whole lot of 'grandstand' seating at either of those grounds, the majority of people will be general admission

T

TOCC

Ewen talks about the abundance of Wallaby capped players in the Reds backline, interestingly the talk is that Shatz and Quirk will be competing for a blindside flanker position with Browning also coming into consideration..

EWEN McKenzie sat down in his Ballymore cubicle this week, pencil in hand, a blank sheet of paper staring back at him.
He wrote down the numbers one through to 15, but putting down names wasn't so easy.
The premiership-winning coach realised he had to tell regular Wallabies they would not make the 22.
"We thought we could maybe pencil in two-thirds of the team but even that wasn't easy," McKenzie said.
"There's the potential for Wallabies to be out of our 22.
"In the midfield, there's three Wallabies (Mike Harris, Ben Tapuai and Anthony Fainga'a) without even considering the likes of Luke Morahan and Chris F'Sautia.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ace-numbers-game/story-fn8t7efs-1226557361611

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ewen talks about the abundance of Wallaby capped players in the Reds backline, interestingly the talk is that Shatz and Quirk will be competing for a blindside flanker position with Browning also coming into consideration..

The article opens up the possiblity that the Reds suffer hubris, oh we have too many Wallabies we don't know our best XV, are but it does not matter as we can slot anyone in a Red's jersey and they are wallaby material.

T

TOCC

The article opens up the possiblity that the Reds suffer hubris, oh we have too many Wallabies we don't know our best XV, are but it does not matter as we can slot anyone in a Red's jersey and they are wallaby material.

Hubris is excessive pride or inflated arrogance.....
Yet the reality of the situation is that the Reds have 8 backs who are capped wallabies and 9 in the Wallabies training squad all vying for 7 positions..

Ewen seemed more concerned about telling one of his players that they aren't going to be in the match day 22..

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I have just booked Flights to come to Brisbane for the Round 2 game vs the Tahs.

I managed to pick up a reasonable motel room near the PA hospital that is 750m form the train station. My understanding is that public transport is included in the ticket to Suncorp. Do I just have to show my membership card to board the train? I have a ticketed Reds membership.

Does anybody also know the limit on tickets a Reds member can purchase to go to the Lions vs Reds match? We are well on the way to forming a travel party to come down for the game.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Samo at 8 then. Browning is the wildcard. You know it makes sense.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have just booked Flights to come to Brisbane for the Round 2 game vs the Tahs.

I managed to pick up a reasonable motel room near the PA hospital that is 750m form the train station. My understanding is that public transport is included in the ticket to Suncorp. Do I just have to show my membership card to board the train? I have a ticketed Reds membership.

Yep. Just show your card and wear plenty of red!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
you're better off getting on a bus than the train as they go right into the game.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

The buses are pretty full by the time they get to town and don't stop much. I see many a frustrated soul wearing red as we wizz by on the bus. A train to Roma street then walk up the hill to the Cauldron. You'll be thirsty but there are enough pissers on the way.

Reg any chance they will do he march to the match again?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
didn't think of that. take the train.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Small section in the Courier Mail today saying that Shatz and Gill are fighting it out for the captaincy in the abscence of Genia and Horwill.

Personally I would have thought Adam Wallace-Harrison would have been a better candidate.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Small section in the Courier Mail today saying that Shatz and Gill are fighting it out for the captaincy in the abscence of Genia and Horwill.

Personally I would have thought Adam Wallace-Harrison would have been a better candidate.

Larger article on Foxsports about this. Daley and AWH are said to be options by McKenzie. Daley having captained in trials and Gill & Schatz leading the U20's.

From the article:
McKenzie has yet to decide but has named a handful of contenders who could start as captain for the opening pre-season trial against the Blues in Toowoomba on February 2.
"It's a good question," he told AAP.
"We'll get down to the team we pick and have a look and see who's out there.
"Ben Daley has captained us in trials before and (Adam) Wallace-Harrison has done that role and then you look down and see that Gill was the Australian 20's captain (in 2012) and Schatz was the 20s captain (2010) so there's a bunch of guys in there."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...ll/story-e6frf4qu-1226557638761#ixzz2IZDmkaxW

I thought Horwill was a sure thing for the first game. What's the latest on his hamstring?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Is this the injury that Horwill sustained last year or has a hammy problem cropped up recently in training?
Like 4918, I thought he was well over that by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.