• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies Rnd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies

1. JP Smith
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Pat McCabe
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruan Smith
18. Ruaidhri Murphy
19. Jack Whetton
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Conrad Hoffman
22. Andrew Smith
23. Christian Lealiifano

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Brumbies

1. JP Smith
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Pat McCabe
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruan Smith
18. Ruaidhri Murphy
19. Jack Whetton
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Conrad Hoffman
22. Andrew Smith
23. Christian Lealiifano

Thought Murphy might start in favour of JP, but it's good to see consistency in selections, especially at a time of high injury toll. Surprised that Hoffman has replaced Dowsett who spent a week or two on the bench without getting onto the ground iirc.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Must be one of the few teams in the world where both reserve props have names starting with 'Ru' in their first name

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think I like Stirzaker starting? Burgess has been a bit slow and directionless the last couple of weeks. If they're trying to crack on Stirzaker is the best bet, he's hardly played any rugby at all though - no way he can play 80. I reckon they'll be aiming for 50 minutes from him, 60 at most.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Going to be a few good match ups around the park.

McCabe v Inman will be good

McCabe should be on top of him however I have been impressed with Inman - some people might criticise skill or level of dexterity - however is effort is unquestionable - a good asset in a 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think I like Stirzaker starting? Burgess has been a bit slow and directionless the last couple of weeks. If they're trying to crack on Stirzaker is the best bet, he's hardly played any rugby at all though - no way he can play 80. I reckon they'll be aiming for 50 minutes from him, 60 at most.

Agreed he won't play a full game but he was the first choice after pre-season games so no surprise for me to be seeing him here

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
You were right this week. Well done.

Sorry to make a point of it but other people on here have berated me pretty badly despite me having good sources for some of my info ! Let's hope it's a good game !

D

daz

Sorry to make a point of it but other people on here have berated me pretty badly despite me having good sources for some of my info ! Let's hope it's a good game !

Fair enough. I would never have guessed that on his return from injury, Nic would get the starters jersey. You called it, so well done.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Fair enough. I would never have guessed that on his return from injury, Nic would get the starters jersey. You called it, so well done.

From inside he has been the talk of the team with a lot of form results better than Burgess I just hope he hasn't been rushed in too quickly

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Agreed he won't play a full game but he was the first choice after pre-season games so no surprise for me to be seeing him here

How can it not be a surprise? He's played one game of Melbourne club rugby after an eight-week layoff, and now he's starting against one of the best rugby sides in the world.

I've probably pushed for Stirzaker more than anyone on the internetz and I'm surprised and really not sure it's the best idea. I'd have started Burgess, given Stirzaker 20 minutes off the bench then started him next week if it looks like he's up to the pace of things.

D

daz

And we all know just how well baiting the Force worked out for us.

2 days before a game, RebelsHQ should be like Turkey; a Twitter-free zone!

:rolleyes:

D

daz

Whomever is in charge of their official account can't help themselves.

I think the Buddy Franklin campaign was a clear indication on how the Rebels are going to become more aggressive, perhaps with the intent of creating a "them v us" fan-base.

Given that Melbourne's AFL community are very tribal in that regard, I can see why the Rebels may want to attract new fans from the AFL in that way.

Personally, I agree with DD; win some games and get some fucking respect before we even think about being clever.

Right now, we are just the annoying arsehole that everyone else avoids at parties.

D

daz

Going to be a few good match ups around the park.

McCabe v Inman will be good

Mitch has finally learnt to be lateral in attack; Pat still runs straight lines so is easier to read. In defense, Mitch may have a very slight edge because of that.

Having said that, Pat is one of the toughest nails in Oz rugby. He won't be at all shy of contact with a bigger unit. Frankly, Mitch will have to kill McCabe just to slow him down.

I will be in the Rebels shed before the game hobbling every single kicking leg I can find.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Yep. It's just kind of obnoxious at the moment. I know what you're saying about the footy, but this is kind of like if GWS came down to Melbourne to play Geelong then started talking shit about them. It's all a bit desperate and undignified.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think it's a poor selection.
He is very weak defensively,and I predict the ponies will find him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.