• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies Rnd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

He may be, but he still is yet to prove he has a better overall value to the team and this is why Fuglistaller is continuing to start.

Looking forward to Colby showing us what he has got on his development journey, but right now, Fugi is a better fit and I'll take him over Colby every day of the week. Especially Game Day!

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
leavin gus roberts in Dewar Shield would bring me joy and happiness

Totally agree, given Rokobaro scored a double I would have given him a shot off the bench. He couldn't be any worse than Gus surely, have to say I am glad to see no risks are being taken with Toby Smith and making sure he recovers from concussion correctly.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Totally agree, given Rokobaro scored a double I would have given him a shot off the bench. He couldn't be any worse than Gus surely, have to say I am glad to see no risks are being taken with Toby Smith and making sure he recovers from concussion correctly.

Don't think they have a choice with the strict concussion protocols, but regardless the Club are doing the right thing. Getting lorenzo and woody back will be a boost and the max has another starting crack at LHP. I would have given Roko a change off the bench too, will like to hear TT's reasoning behind the persistence with Gus. Good to see the original ranga is over his ankle injury and is up for his first starting spot for the year - well done.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hugh Pyle is my favorite player but if he does not step up this week I think TT should be looking at giving Neville another shot and having Pyle on the bench.

Also, please give English the ball this week. His running stats have been good when we get him the ball.

D

daz

My obvious bias aside, but does anyone else think the centre pairing of Mitch and Tamati is one of the stand-outs of the season so far?

A bit more tooth in attack is the most common criticism I hear so far, but it is hard for the team to mount an attacking challenge when the first option seems to be kicking the pill away, only to see it come screaming back from an opposition run.

Not sure why this is happening, when the trials and the Cheetahs game showed very clearly that prolonged attack, patience for the right moment and ball control is the silver bullet for this team.

D

daz

Hugh Pyle is my favorite player but if he does not step up this week I think TT should be looking at giving Neville another shot and having Pyle on the bench.

I see your point, but blind Freddie can see that an out-of-sorts Pyle is still streets ahead of Neville.

Also, please give English the ball this week. His running stats have been good when we get him the ball.

Agree. See my post above.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Bit surprised to see Stirzaker start straight back from injury, even if Burgess didn't have a great game last week. Still, swap Gus for Roko (or Veainu, or a tackle bag) and I'd be pretty happy with that team.

Looking forward to Inman/Ellison vs Lilo/Kuridrani.

^ This!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At the game last Friday, someone commented that Pyle looks like a guy who has no cartilage in his knees and looks pretty proppy when he runs.

Does anyone know if he's got more issues with his knees than previously and whether perhaps that is influencing his form slump this season?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
My obvious bias aside, but does anyone else think the centre pairing of Mitch and Tamati is one of the stand-outs of the season so far?

Will be a stand out when it starts producing more trys like it did against the Cheetahs. At the moment nothing in the backline is working because of the useless kicking.

Would really like to see short kick off's this week, no point kicking deep to anywhere Mogg can get the ball to start running back at us.

D

daz

At the game last Friday, someone commented that Pyle looks like a guy who has no cartilage in his knees and looks pretty proppy when he runs.

Does anyone know if he's got more issues with his knees than previously and whether perhaps that is influencing his form slump this season?

Ha! Watching Pyle run is like watching a giraffe in motion.

He seems to take a while to get the co-ordination in his limbs when he takes off, then things smooth out.

And his Inspector Gadget arms are deadly near the try line!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

totally agree, they and in particular ellison, need some quicker, front foot ball.

release the ranga i say !

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Ha! Watching Pyle run is like watching a giraffe in motion.

He seems to take a while to get the co-ordination in his limbs when he takes off, then things smooth out.

And his Inspector Gadget arms are deadly near the try line!

Yea I see what you mean...

hugh pyle and giraffe.png

P

Paradox

Brumbies looked tired to me last week so hopefully have rejuvenated. That rebels front row will be targeted at scrum time as will the lineout with a shortish rebels back row. Two open sides against no genuine 7 for the brumbies. The rebels will be running everything

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)

I told you and several other Stirzaker would start and you hounded me down - think an apology is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Expecting the Brumbies to make just one change to the starting XV.

Kuridrani in for A Smith at outside centre.

On the bench will be A Smith and Lealiifano returning from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.