• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies Rnd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow, I just looked at the ladder and I can't believe the Brumbies are sitting up in 2nd place?!

But they've left behind 4 bonus points this year with their losing margins to the Reds and Rebels blowing out past 7 at the end of both matches, and not getting that 4th try against the Force and Tahs.......

Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite them on the ass.........

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He did, but sometimes you felt like throttling him last night through the TV screen when he dithered at the base of rucks giving defenders a second or two to set, as he did at the Tahs and in his last year in France.

Jones has made a big step this season and maybe it's because he is a year older. He is the same size but he is playing bigger, if you know what I mean.

He has had a big engine and been athletic since his school days, but this year there is a bit of the bruiser about him—and that is why he is playing a lot and Neville isn't.

In the Wallaby mix he could be a Fardy type—a 6 who can play lock, or vice-versa—if he gets the street-smarts that the older man has.

Watch this space on Luke Jones: he could well be in the next RWC squad like his good mate in the St. Pius X 1st XV, Michael Hooper.

I have been a Luke Jones fan for some time. I believe he is ready for test duties now, as I thought all of last year, as a 6/lock similar to Scott Fardy. One in the starting lineup and one on the bench would be about perfect, but both on the field say for the last 20 mins could be a nightmare for opposing teams. Would be the equal of Luatua/Kaino imo.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Depends what you mean. In the 6 Nations, and most of the NH seasons, the refs have been very very tough on that. The suggestion is that as soon as the hands hit the ground, they are no longer supporting their own weight, and cannot go for the ball.

So while it's harsh, I was expecting it. I've not watched enough super this year to see how it's been reffed.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Like most things, it gets reffed at the ref's discretion. There is a lot of inconsistency, as there is with eg the tackler not releasing the tackled player which has been rife this year but hardly reffed.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeah they do and they are also fond of the "accidental" loiter.

They aren't the only ones. On Friday night I saw guys like Potgieter diving into rucks for the Tahs like swimmers starting a race. And sometimes the action wasn't even needed.

Queensland do it too, and too much, because they are getting pinged for it.

But there is another side of it: some teams are too passive, or they are too passive in parts of a game when risky stuff is the way to go, yet they can be risky when it doesn't matter.

It's the same for individual players. Fardy got carded last night, but some of the shit he gets away with is astonishing. On the EOYT it was like he had an invisibility cloak, and he had my heart in my mouth a few times.

Despite last night I think he has the balance right in his game (and Moore needs to pull back just a touch).

Other players let the game pass them by or they try to work out when to push the envelope but their judgement is not good enough.

It is one of the things players should be assessed on.

As a team, the All Blacks are best at working out when to risk things.

Oz rugby has get more of their players performing like Fardy and Moore.

Do you think its the accidental loiter or do you think they attack it with everything they have got now because they dont have a 7.. I think you would find the brumbies would be better in this area if they hadnt lost Poecock..

Playing Hard at the ruck (fair most the time) is to combat guys like Hooper Gill Hodgson, Richie having a field day.. Hit it hard fast and as many times as you can..

Fardy is basically being our 7 :)

D

daz

FOXSports Super Rugby Team of the Week.

Seriously, this week just keeps getting better. I may be a bit excited about our Inside Centre!

5. Second Row - Luke Jones (Rebels) continues to impress in Super Rugby and would definitely not look out of place in a Wallabies jersey. Jones was the pick of the Rebels forwards making one linebreak, a team-high 13 runs (70m), three tackle busts, two lineout wins and seven tackles against the Brumbies.

12. Inside centre - Mitch Inman (Rebels) has been a rock for the Rebels in the midfield and scored his first try of the season in their upset win over the Brumbies. Inman made the equal most tackles on the team with 15 and also made one linebreak, seven runs (49m), one offload, and three tackle busts.

15. Fullback – Jason Woodward (Rebels) had his best game in a Rebels jersey in their upset win over the Brumbies setting a new club record for most points in a match with 27. Woodward scored a try, made eight runs (94m), one offload, and seven tackle busts.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...870653963?sv=53230fd6279620ca3b6d912479847322

Status
Not open for further replies.