• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies Rnd 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
nic-whiteWoody.jpg

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd bet big on the Rebels for this one (1-12.5). They have something to prove. The Brumbies are probably a bit tired and if Kuridrani and Lealiifano are rushed back into the starting XV they will not be at their fluent best.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
McMahon fans might get a shock with him out of the starting line up this week & Fainga'a getting a start against his old team mates. I'd prefer to have them both starting & leave Fuglistaller out as both these guys offer more than him but hopefully McGahan will see the light sooner rather than later.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'd bet big on the Rebels for this one (1-12.5). They have something to prove. The Brumbies are probably a bit tired and if Kuridrani and Lealiifano are rushed back into the starting XV they will not be at their fluent best.

Not a bad bet 5 in a row is hard Brumbies only done that twice before.. it could be an ambush. . We have some key players out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't actually mind that. To start 4 games in a row, including a trip to Perth, at 19 years of age, suggests he probably needs a bit of a rest.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Agree with Highlander35,

Source that he is not starting? I don't think Colby has found his feet at the Rebels yet, was improved last week and against the Crusaders after that shocker he had against the Force.

Plenty of back row options that are fit

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Don't worry about the source Kev it's very close to the team;) While I agree Colby is still finding his feet with the Rebels I fail to see how you class his game against the Force as a "shocker". Admittedly he barely touched the ball, which could be excused as "still finding his feet" but he topped the tackle count, making twice as many as the so called defensive workhorse Fuglistaller has made in any game this year & I don't think he missed any. Sure it may have been below par, which you could say for the entire team in that game, but "shocker" is way off the mark IMO.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Was at the Force game, he was all over the place against the force. His stats say one thing, watch the game again and you can see he has a shocker (as most of the team) and the reason he was moved back to the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Colby has suffered from looking great for the Brumbies when slotting into a winning side with a dominant forward pack to moving to the Rebels where he was expected to be amazing and hasn't delivered.

I think he's a talented player but isn't ready to be a leader amongst the pack at this stage.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He may or may not be ready to be a leader amongst that pack, he did captain Aus U20's with Hooper in the side, but he is a better player than Fuglistaller full stop & given a regular starting spot will prove it.

He did do this but it is hardly relevant now.

At this point in time he's a 22 year old who is trying to become a regular starter in a Super Rugby side.

The man you compared him to won pretty much every Australian rugby award last year.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
but he is a better player than Fuglistaller full stop & given a regular starting spot will prove it.
He may be, but he still is yet to prove he has a better overall value to the team and this is why Fuglistaller is continuing to start.

Reactions: daz
D

daz

RaboDirect Rebels team to play Brumbies, AAMI Park, Friday 28th March
1. Max Lahiff
2. Pat Leafa
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Luke Jones
6. Colby Fainga'a
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Scott Higginbotham (C)