• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2022

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I received an email a couple of weeks ago to say you had to download a digital membership card to your smart phone and use that to gain access.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
It hurts seeing two Victorian juniors playing test footy in the midfield when it’s an area that we desperately struggle. I am not blaming the club as due to circumstances they weren’t going to be able to keep either

I am not a big fan of having non wallaby eligible players in the side

How far off are guys like Skelton and Magnay?

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It hurts seeing two Victorian juniors playing test footy in the midfield when it’s an area that we desperately struggle. I am not blaming the club as due to circumstances they weren’t going to be able to keep either
Paisami and who?

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Paisami and who?
Sione Tuipulotu was born and bred in Frankston. Was heralded as the first local junior signed by the Rebels

When the ARU in all their wisdom kicked the Force out of Super Rugby both him and Paisami where staved of any opportunity with the influx of Force players so Tuipulotu went to Japan then Glasgow and now is playing 6 nations for Scotland

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sione Tuipulotu was born and bred in Frankston. Was heralded as the first local junior signed by the Rebels

When the ARU in all their wisdom kicked the Force out of Super Rugby both him and Paisami where staved of any opportunity with the influx of Force players so Tuipulotu went to Japan then Glasgow and now is playing 6 nations for Scotland
Was trying to workout who the other Australian was, completely forgot about Tuipulotu.

Not sure you can blame the influx of Force players on forcing Paisami out, all accounts are it was the coach coming from the Force who didn't see any value in him.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Was trying to workout who the other Australian was, completely forgot about Tuipulotu.

Not sure you can blame the influx of Force players on forcing Paisami out, all accounts are it was the coach coming from the Force who didn't see any value in him.
But he also rated players he had worked with at the Force higher than him. Look it’s good for the Wallabies that he left as he may never have made the grade as a pro footballer down here

It’s more the midfield here is such a huge position of weakness we are trying to fill holes with Kiwis out of the NPC

How are we going to take it up to the NZ sides when we have a starting centre combination made up of two Kiwis who weren’t able to get a super rugby contract over there?

If we aren’t able to develop players internally for this role we should do what the Force have done and target some talent players from the Brumbies or Reds who are starved of opportunity to come here and start

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
It was embarrassing, the crowd was poor the food is more expensive then ever, their tactics were woefully bad and their execution was even worse. I have never felt this low as a Rebels fan

I really worry for the club as we just can not accept performances like this