• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2022

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the rebels squad / depth is pants but then someone told me on another thread the rebels beat the tahs in a trial (and before that info I was approaching the tahs season with more optimism)
Look I really don’t know there are a lot of new players and a lot of young blokes

Not to single out or attack anyone but there are some older guys who fully fit are on the fringe and what I would do if we got behind in the count is give some opportunities to the younger lads that play the same position and see what they offer and if they are ready to go passed these blokes

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think the rebels squad / depth is pants but then someone told me on another thread the rebels beat the tahs in a trial (and before that info I was approaching the tahs season with more optimism)
The Rebels won that game comfortably, although I think the Tahs played a lot of young guys in that game to see how they are tracking.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Caught 5 min of the storm ⛈ trial out at Casey today. I know melbquins facility is great but we have to play a trail down in Casey next yr absolute heart land in vic the crowd was amazing for a trail. Take the game to the ppl

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Caught 5 min of the storm ⛈ trial out at Casey today. I know melbquins facility is great but we have to play a trail down in Casey next yr absolute heart land in vic the crowd was amazing for a trail. Take the game to the ppl
Love this idea, it looked great. Great facility out there, I heard that there will be a purpose built rugby stadium out there soon that they are hoping will be the home of VRL and VRU finals and a home of the Casey Warriors Rugby League club and Casey Crusaders Rugby Union club. I can’t find the news article on this but

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just noting the jerseys, the social media hashtags (burnboys) and the coach’s pre match talk about the team loving Melbourne and doing it for everyone back home in Melbourne, what the clear focus on Melbourne? Would there have been a good chance of labelling them the state’s team?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just noting the jerseys, the social media hashtags (burnboys) and the coach’s pre match talk about the team loving Melbourne and doing it for everyone back home in Melbourne, what the clear focus on Melbourne? Would there have been a good chance of labelling them the state’s team?
Don’t start me on the premier of Melbourne & the folks who think the boarder finishes at Broadmeadows

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
They have always been Melbourne, in part because rugby is next to non existent outside of Melbourne and I think it’s also to do with commercially trying to brand the side Melbourne to attract sponsors

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
PXL_20220219_103353012.MP (Moana Pasifika).jpg

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Bleak. Hopefully a handful of returning men can make a difference (doubtful?). Young boys from the bench looked promising.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
We need to be better, no excuses for losing. We aren’t going to win fans and grow our brand in Victoria serving up games like that. Incredibly disappointed with how poor we were tonight

The top 8 make finals in a 12 team competition if we are going to be taken seriously we simply have to make the 8

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Momentum is a strange thing, lucky we are not playing the tahs next week.

Not a polished performance & a couple of older leaders struggled.

Still can’t wait to be back next Saturday