• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2022

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I maybe a bit biased but I feel like the Rebels are getting a bit underrated, a RugbyPass article claims they have the worst squad in the comp

No way we finish bottom, the pack is a bit depleted going into the season. But at full strength can definitely take it up to the other sides in Aus. I feel like the Reds and Brumbies are ahead of us due to having greater depth but outside of that I would be expecting home wins against the Tahs and Force
Depends on how Gordon goes and which To’omua turns up. Our backline is a little bit shit if they don’t fire.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
I maybe a bit biased but I feel like the Rebels are getting a bit underrated, a RugbyPass article claims they have the worst squad in the comp

No way we finish bottom, the pack is a bit depleted going into the season. But at full strength can definitely take it up to the other sides in Aus. I feel like the Reds and Brumbies are ahead of us due to having greater depth but outside of that I would be expecting home wins against the Tahs and Force

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
If their forwards can achieve parity, I would back Powell, Carter, To'omua, Hodge and Kellaway to score points against all of the other teams.
I agree and I think we have a strong back row and at full strength our tight 5 is solid

Where I feel the danger is depth, I just feel other squads will be stronger off the bench and if they get injures

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hosea to miss 3 months (is that the super season?)
Well that sucks. what injury ? To answer your question could be back for the last 2 games, probably puts wallabies away for another season also, given no game time

Last edited:

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Bit more detail on those injuries:
Foote said the club's made a conscious effort to develop depth which will be tested early with Wallabies duo Andrew Kellaway (foot) and Rob Leota (hamstring) as well as Test hopefuls Pone Fa'amausili and Trevor Hosea (hamstring) likely to miss three, four, one and 12 weeks respectively.

So tentative returns are:
Fa'amausili: round 2
Kellaway: round 4
Leota: round 5
Hosea: round 13

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we get too far behind the count early I would be looking to see what the young blokes have got. Not all at once but a few at a time. We need to build the depth of the squad and with the salary cap what it is we are never going to do that by signing players

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

I think the rebels squad / depth is pants but then someone told me on another thread the rebels beat the tahs in a trial (and before that info I was approaching the tahs season with more optimism)