• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2022

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
No Pone, Hosea, Leota, Kemeny, Hardwick or Kellaway is looking like a pretty depleted 23 for the Rebels first game.

Did something happen to Hardwick in the trial that he's not there or have they just chosen Wilkin and Wallis above him decided he'd be overkill in the 23?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well we only have one poster's guess at the 23. lets wait and see who is named. it would seem no Hosea and no Pane F at least, also Magnay, Skelton definitely non starters for sometime. Hardwick possibly not available due to concussion protocols, Leota and Kellaway - who knows ?

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
well we only have one poster's guess at the 23. lets wait and see who is named. it would seem no Hosea and no Pane F at least, also Magnay, Skelton definitely non starters for sometime. Hardwick possibly not available due to concussion protocols, Leota and Kellaway - who knows ?
They need to put out an injury list

Purce

Dave Cowper (27)
Fair to say he is going great guns, being named in the run on team for Round 1.
Great. Always been impressed with him since I saw him as a young bloke playing against wests and was just dominant. Think of him as more a 6/8 but worried he doesn't have the size. Might end up being a slightly different 7 at pro level or a McMahon style backrower. Hope he goes well down there.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So does anyone give us a chance? I feel like the Reds will be very hard to beat at home especially with questions marks over some key players up front

Matt Phillip being back is huge at a pinch Leota could play lock while Hosea is out. As I feel we have more depth in the back row

Excited to see how the new backline combinations will play out. Who will get the gig at 13?

dru

David Wilson (68)
So does anyone give us a chance? I feel like the Reds will be very hard to beat at home especially with questions marks over some key players up front

Matt Phillip being back is huge at a pinch Leota could play lock while Hosea is out. As I feel we have more depth in the back row

Excited to see how the new backline combinations will play out. Who will get the gig at 13?

Reds looked pretty rocky in the Tahs trial. Hopefully it isn't an indication of where they are at. If I were a Rebel fan though, I'd be looking at hitting this with everything you've got - and take your chances.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reds looked pretty rocky in the Tahs trial. Hopefully it isn't an indication of where they are at. If I were a Rebel fan though, I'd be looking at hitting this with everything you've got - and take your chances.
Look I am hopeful and I can’t wait to see the lads get out there and rip in

Reactions: dru

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s the Rebels, no injury is confirmed your guess is as good as anyone else’s
Leota slight hamstring tweak a couple of weeks ago, should be right.

Wells broken thumb, unknown

One of the extended squad guys, full hamstring.

That was about 3 weeks ago, boys having been worked extremely hard this preseason.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Leota slight hamstring tweak a couple of weeks ago, should be right.

Wells broken thumb, unknown

One of the extended squad guys, full hamstring.

That was about 3 weeks ago, boys having been worked extremely hard this preseason.
wells told me 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago !

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Quite a few big names not training this am Will have to wait and see who is actually named. the good news imo is that Pone F was training albeit the the “leftovers”

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Looks like someone was filming the Rebels v Drua trial:

Just a phone/handheld camera on the sideline by the looks of it, but it's there if anyone is interested.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I maybe a bit biased but I feel like the Rebels are getting a bit underrated, a RugbyPass article claims they have the worst squad in the comp

No way we finish bottom, the pack is a bit depleted going into the season. But at full strength can definitely take it up to the other sides in Aus. I feel like the Reds and Brumbies are ahead of us due to having greater depth but outside of that I would be expecting home wins against the Tahs and Force