• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Are you saying that after Cox got his extra $6 m in 'secret' payments over and above what other franchises got, he pulled the plug and 'gifted' the Rebels back to the ARU?
The rumoured price was a lot higher than 6 and it was vic government backed

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
The Cox deal with the VRU is done, which is going to make the Rebels very hard to shift.

I'm not familiar with all the details.
Do you mean Cox has sold to the VRU and their backers with them accepting all risk.
The VRU knows for the deal to be validated it needs to be signed off by the ARU this being the risk?
The strength comes from the fact that they are a strong hand compared to Cox when dealing with the ARU as they are only interested in having a team?
If so no wonder Clyne is considering running away.
Pulver, if both teams have solid legal cases, is just delusional or trying a low % bluff?

D

daz

Sorry, no offence, but this is just more click bait. I'll believe it when it comes out of the ARU's mouth.

I'm working, as always, on the assumption that 99.99% of the population knows nothing, and the 0.01% that know something, aren't saying anything yet.

D

daz

Have the ARU signed off on it?

No-one here knows. See above.

I'm not familiar with all the details.
Do you mean Cox has sold to the VRU and their backers with them accepting all risk.
The VRU knows for the deal to be validated it needs to be signed off by the ARU this being the risk?
The strength comes from the fact that they are a strong hand compared to Cox when dealing with the ARU as they are only interested in having a team?
If so no wonder Clyne is considering running away.
Pulver, if both teams have solid legal cases, is just delusional or trying a low % bluff?

In answer to your questions, I can safely say that no-one here knows. See above the above.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Well, if the ARU wanted to sing-off the agreement, no better time that with Cameron Clyne in Town. He's down tomorrow for the Harlequins president lunch.

Still wondering why I didn't get a ticket for it.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well, if the ARU wanted to sing-off the agreement, no better time that with Cameron Clyne in Town. He's down tomorrow for the Harlequins president lunch.

Still wondering why I didn't get a ticket for it.
I'll be there. I plan on asking Clyne if we will know anything in the next 48-72 hours. Funny thing is, we actually might have some idea in that timeframe (but won't hold my breath!).

Unless, of course, he chickens out and doesn't attend.

D

daz

I'll be there. I plan on asking Clyne if we will know anything in the next 48-72 hours. Funny thing is, we actually might have some idea in that timeframe (but won't hold my breath!).

Unless, of course, he chickens out and doesn't attend.

Arbitration starts on Monday, so the chances of Cam saying anything resembling an actual answer to any questions relating to the saga, would be astronomically small.

I would very much like video footage of you asking Clyne that question though; your street cred and Melbourne legend status would be forever assured!

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
ARU had to sign off on it so it probably means they required a lot of Government and Vic Rugby financial guarantees so that if they continue to struggle financially, the ARU won't need to bail them out, it will be the obligation of someone else. eg the vic government for x period of time.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Cox deal with the VRU is done, which is going to make the Rebels very hard to shift.

The crustacean has been rock-solid thus far!

I was under the impression that the deal needed an ARU rubber stamp, which was difficult to attain given the forthcoming arbitration with the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.