• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Arbitration starts on Monday, so the chances of Cam saying anything resembling an actual answer to any questions relating to the saga, would be astronomically small.

I would very much like video footage of you asking Clyne that question though; your street cred and Melbourne legend status would be forever assured!
The words used, from memory, were "he MAY answer your questions", so still worth a shot!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
He'd be briefed to within a bees dick of a hair about no-go questions and correct responses. Worth a shot at some tricky questions but I wouldn't be expecting a response.

D

daz

Worth a shot at some tricky questions but I wouldn't be expecting a response.

Hmm. We should compile a list of tricky questions.

I have several, but they sadly cannot be written here.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Hmm. We should compile a list of tricky questions.

I have several, but they sadly cannot be written here.

Maybe ask him, in such a massive decision, how the Brumbies can be made safe and not the Rebs and WF without disclosing any details. And are circumstance still the same, which they are clearly not.

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe ask him, in such a massive decision, how the Brumbies can be made safe and not the Rebs and WF without disclosing any details. And are circumstance still the same, which they are clearly not.

Yep, definitely riff off this.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Cameron, was the ARU confident in its legal ability to "cut" a team within 72 hours of your original announcement? If so, why are we now 110 days (?) into this saga with perhaps irreparable damage done to the game in two key emerging markets?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cameron, was the ARU confident in its legal ability to "cut" a team within 72 hours of your original announcement? If so, why are we now 110 days (?) into this saga with perhaps irreparable damage done to the game in two key emerging markets?

Do you really think there has been "irreparable damage?" I honestly think it has been good for the Force. The engagement with the community has been huge.

D

daz

My post was rhetorical, I didn't actually expect anyone to post any actual questions!

There will be no answers anyway. Not now, and maybe not ever, even after the saga ends.

:)

D

daz

Do you really think there has been "irreparable damage?" I honestly think it has been good for the Force. The engagement with the community has been huge.

IF the Force gets cut, I'm sure that will be a fond memory they will have. The good old days when they had a team that represented them.

Not to mention the utter disenfranchisement of rugby fans at all levels of the state/community.

And the stress of players and staff to pay bills, you know, through being actually employed for a salary.

Pretty sure that would meet the definition of "irreparable damage".

No offence Jimmy, but your post is a perfect example of a "heartland" rugby supporter who really has no clue what it is like to have the threat of your team ripped away.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I still don't understand (and would appreciate someone explaining in detail) how the Rebels were safe previously simply because they were privately owned, and that now under Vic Govt ownership (anxious to see what majority of voters think of this) they are even safer (is there even a case where something can be safer than safe?). And if that is the case, why would anyone expect the ARU to sign off on that deal while the case to cut the Force is still in jeopardy? It would certainly be in character, but not really believable.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I still don't understand (and would appreciate someone explaining in detail) how the Rebels were safe previously simply because they were privately owned, and that now under Vic Govt ownership (anxious to see what majority of voters think of this) they are even safer (is there even a case where something can be safer than safe?). And if that is the case, why would anyone expect the ARU to sign off on that deal while the case to cut the Force is still in jeopardy? It would certainly be in character, but not really believable.

Mate we're not safe. We've been staring down the barrel for months. Forgive me for biting but that the case keeping the Brumbies at the expense of growth markets was also never made. It's had the whiff of a stitch up since day one.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Thanks Tex. Have to say that a few posters seem to be convinced that the VRU/Vic Govt deal has for once and all time saved the Rebels' arses. On the question of the Brumbies, I am quietly glad that they seem to have been excluded from this shit fight, but I wouldn't really be holding my breath that Melbourne will ever be more than a very small niche market for Rugby. Just too much commitment to the all pervading religion that is AFL.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
IF the Force gets cut, I'm sure that will be a fond memory they will have. The good old days when they had a team that represented them.

Not to mention the utter disenfranchisement of rugby fans at all levels of the state/community.

And the stress of players and staff to pay bills, you know, through being actually employed for a salary.

Pretty sure that would meet the definition of "irreparable damage".

No offence Jimmy, but your post is a perfect example of a "heartland" rugby supporter who really has no clue what it is like to have the threat of your team ripped away.

Mate you are combining a whole heap of issues it one. The major "disenfranchisement" with Australian rugby is that our teams suck and lots of people don't back losers. If the Wallabies beat the All Blacks in the first two tests Brisbane will be a sellout. It is simple. In 2010 I stood in the rain at Ballymore with about 9,000 others people. Twelve months later the Reds averaged more than the Broncos and had a couple of sellouts.

I do however think that the fans of the Force have been galvanised by the stress of potentially losing a team. The actual organisation has really lifted its game too. Clyne made reference to this saying it can not just be a passing fad.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Empty stands speak volumes

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Crowds are down across the board in the comp but especially so in Australia where we are fickle and only attend when we win.

Cant Blame the ARU for the Rebels only wining one game and then expect the crowds to be huge.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Thanks Tex. Have to say that a few posters seem to be convinced that the VRU/Vic Govt deal has for once and all time saved the Rebels' arses. On the question of the Brumbies, I am quietly glad that they seem to have been excluded from this shit fight, but I wouldn't really be holding my breath that Melbourne will ever be more than a very small niche market for Rugby. Just too much commitment to the all pervading religion that is AFL.

I don't blame you mate, it's been pretty bad from a fan's perspective. Can't imagine how toxic it is from inside the four walls of the club.

D

daz

Mate you are combining a whole heap of issues it one. The major "disenfranchisement" with Australian rugby is that our teams suck and lots of people don't back losers. If the Wallabies beat the All Blacks in the first two tests Brisbane will be a sellout. It is simple. In 2010 I stood in the rain at Ballymore with about 9,000 others people. Twelve months later the Reds averaged more than the Broncos and had a couple of sellouts.

I do however think that the fans of the Force have been galvanised by the stress of potentially losing a team. The actual organisation has really lifted its game too. Clyne made reference to this saying it can not just be a passing fad.

You are reading more into my post than I wrote. The disenfranchisement of WA rugby people I referred to was part of the irreparable damage cost of losing the Force.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Crowds are down across the board in the comp but especially so in Australia where we are fickle and only attend when we win.

Cant Blame the ARU for the Rebels only wining one game and then expect the crowds to be huge.

Correlation may not = causality but it's all related. The broader woes of super rugby aren't happening in a vacuum, but from my seats at AAMI Park there's been a whiff of death about the club that is in a very fucking large part due to the uncertainty of the club's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.