• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I AM nice! Thanks for noticing Stu! :D

And I disagree with your assessment that the Rebels have no defining style. We do, and it goes like this:

1. Run the ball in attack with a look of determination. Prior to contact, the running player MUST choose to either kick the ball away with a senseless grubber, or hold the ball but cough it up when tackled. Either is acceptable, however, if you choose the grubber, you must look very frustrated that it didn't work out when the opposition scoops it up and returns for a try. Practice that look in the mirror until perfect.

2. At the break down, if you are the designated Rebels 9, immediately go for the box kick. DO NOT stop to consider your options. The box kick must also be significantly ineffectual. A well executed box kick is returned via the opposition team scoring a try after running through multiple defenders.

3. At an attacking lineout, it cannot be stressed enough that the throw must either be a) not straight, or b) ignore the lineout call and pass directly to the opposition jumpers. In the unlikely event that the attacking lineout results in us retaining the ball, we must knock-on at the first contact.

4. When a try is scored, it is critical that the opposition scores in return within a 5 minute period. A perfectly executed opposition try would include 6-7 missed tackles by the defenders. Extra ice-cream after the game if you can also look like the keystone cops (or the chase scene in any Benny Hill show) whilst letting them through.

How the FUCK did you get TT's playbook?

Reactions: daz

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Daz, you missed the aimless kick downfield with little or no chase and the jogging staggered line defence allowing the clean break.

D

daz

Daz, you missed the aimless kick downfield with little or no chase and the jogging staggered line defence allowing the clean break.

Apologies for that. However, after listing that litany of anti-rugby, rather than feeling clever and smug with my wit, I actually felt downright depressed!

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Apologies for that. However, after listing that litany of anti-rugby, rather than feeling clever and smug with my wit, I actually felt downright depressed!
On the plus side, we can only improve from here (tell me we can improve from here).

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)

Without wanting to further your agony, you also missed the final step: after every conceded try, have the dejected, hands-on-hips/head look that suggests you honestly never thought you'd be scored against.

Super+Rugby+Rd+16+Crusaders+v+Rebels+MQdhKDSBWRMx.jpg

bade8fba6dd94eec8ec4ec380e154e4f

871122960853ce914ca30b49c8146f90

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Heard from someone relatively in the know that Jordy Reid "broke" (maybe we should interpret this as somewhat seriously injured) his back and was forced to play through the injury by the Rebels staff.

The person also let me know that Reid was offered a contract at Toulon but it was revoked following their discovery of the injury.

Doesn't paint the best picture of Rebels management.

Also explains Reids poor form this season.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Heard from someone relatively in the know that Jordy Reid "broke" (maybe we should interpret this as somewhat seriously injured) his back and was forced to play through the injury by the Rebels staff.

The person also let me know that Reid was offered a contract at Toulon but it was revoked following their discovery of the injury.

Don't know about the Toulon part but the first bit is pretty accurate AFAIK.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I wouldn't know if that story is true or not but I disagree about his performance. Up until his injury he was killing it, IMO.

D

daz

I don't know about this story, but I would think if Toulon had offered something, it would have been all over the media. That team love social media more than a gaggle of teen girls.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I still can't believe that they did that. He played at least 3 games where they knew he had the injury.

I hope we don't see anything like that again.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)

Poor injury management? The Rebels? Nah ... we had at least a half of our contracted players available every game.

But seriously, the injuries were ridiculous. To have so many injuries across so many of the team for this and last year suggests extremely poor injury management.

Proud Pig

Tom Lawton (22)
Do we really think that they let him play with a broken back?

Given our injury list I would have thought you sat out for a broken nail.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The one I cant get my head around is Jefferies, a simple opp turned into multiple opps with no recovery date in site

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Nah you're too nice Daz. The same could be said for Damien Hill towards the end of his tenure.

I'd take Hill back. Sure the results weren't there but we played some pretty attacking footy during those years.

What about Hilton taking over as HC? He's in charge of the Rising again this year, isn't he? Maybe he wants to step up from there?

Someone like Richard Cockerill could be an interesting appointment, hugely successful in England with the Tigers. Or maybe Nathan Mauger as he took over at the Tigers and did well IIRC, but was left without the gig for next year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The one I cant get my head around is Jefferies, a simple opp turned into multiple opps with no recovery date in site

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

well even in the "best of hands" operations have complications, even simple ones. if he had an infection in the bone after insertion of metal, this may necessitate removing the metal, treating with antis for several months, possibly a bone graft, might not even be right next year ! i dont know any details but can be a long, long frustrating problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.