• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leo86

Whilst I agree, take 5 minutes and read the candour and subject matter of the Force fans on the last two pages of this thread, and then do the same for the Rebels fans on the Force thread (who mostly talk about a funny news paper article saying Perth is dangerous).

It's day and night.

I dont think ive been negative at all, you with others (Force supporters) seem to want to drive a wedge between Force and Rebel supporters. Ive from the beginning have pushed #strongerasfive and tried to point out how short sighted it is getting rid of either of us. To be honest i only really pay attention to Rebels forums (outside of Force/wallabies) coz i see that we were both dragged into this shit and if anything share common ground. Our teams are under threat by the man not each other. So i expect passion to be displayed, but ive shook my head posts from all 5 franchises supporters through this.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I dont think ive been negative at all, you with others (Force supporters) seem to want to drive a wedge between Force and Rebel supporters. Ive from the beginning have pushed #strongerasfive and tried to point out how short sighted it is getting rid of either of us. To be honest i only really pay attention to Rebels forums (outside of Force/wallabies) coz i see that we were both dragged into this shit and if anything share common ground. Our teams are under threat by the man not each other. So i expect passion to be displayed, but ive shook my head posts from all 5 franchises supporters through this.

Go through the last few pages of this thread mate, it doesn't take many clicks to see whose driving wedges between what groups.

Most posters here have had a consistent opinion, mine is right on display.

L

Leo86

Dude, i have been reading these pages (and yes went back a couple to check) id say their are 2 out of 6 with Force monikers that could be regarded as negative. Not everyone agrees but i hate it when there is talk of which of our players you will take (vulture/robbing peter to pay paul) so you dont regard it but i do as negative.

Taking it personally, no im not. Blaming all rebels supporters, no im not.

You said "take 5 minutes and read the candour and subject matter of the Force fans on the last two pages of this thread" that includes my posts, so i defended my self and pointed out also that not just either of our two teams supporters are guilty.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Rebels 17 and 18 threads have been full of Force fans interrupting (as much as one can interrupt on a message board) with a cheeky "well, actually...." line of reasoning.

Leo you're right, there are a couple posters who are driving it and you're certainly not one of them.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
1/3 (or far less) of Force posters sparking ridiculous arguments is fair but they're certainly a vocal minority who cut into any and every other thread, stilting chat about anything else.

I'm also very aware that a vocal minority of G&G posters are the crème de la crème of crazy super fans.

D

daz

SPOILER ALERT: PROGNOSTICATION ON FUTURE REBELS STAFFING BELOW. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SUBJECT TO THE RED MIST DESCENDING.

Guys, I know the season has barely finished for most of us, but does anyone think it odd that there has been nothing in the media, out of the Rebels, or even rumours and sniffing about potential HC candidates and the search status? Even we have not really explored options to any great extent.

The only thing I can recall hearing at all is that the common assumption is that Dave W (from the team that cannot be named) would likely take over IF that team folded.

Given not a single other name has been associated with the Rebels, (and note that normally the interwebby-thingy would be in meltdown over predicting who/what/when for a HC spot), it is odd to say the least.

There is no tin-hat conspiracy being floated here, so everyone take a deep breath. But I will say, assuming Dave W has a gig at his current club next year, who are WE chasing? Anyone heard anything?

EDIT: This is not a post lookijng for a shitfight, so anyone who responds along the lines of "The Rebels are clearly toast", or "the Force are clearly gone", or "Dave W has made a secret deal with the ARU to go to the Rebels", or anything that includes the names Twiggy or Cox will be deleted.
This is a genuine question with zero malice.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
True Daz, but as we can see from this whole fiasco the media narrative is not necessarily the same as the actual narrative.

The Rebels probably have 2-3 months before not having a HC becomes a major program (though obviously the best time to appoint your 2018 HC is always yesterday).

D

daz

True Daz, but as we can see from this whole fiasco the media narrative is not necessarily the same as the actual narrative.

The Rebels probably have 2-3 months before not having a HC becomes a major program (though obviously the best time to appoint your 2018 HC is always yesterday).

Yeah, I know we have some time, but very little. While the Rising are running around, we should be planning a Rebels pre-season and playing strategy, and getting sign-off on recruitment. That needs a HC to over-see ideally, I would have thought.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yeah we all said the same thing about a major sponsor. the more i look, the more ineptitude i see behind the Rebels front door and the less sanguine i am about the franchise long term prospects.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm sure they are getting plenty of applications of interest.
But surely this is secondary to who is controlling/driving the process.
While that is in limbo there will be no leaks etc
I don't think appointing a new HC late is a problem as long as he is the right guy. For mine if he brings the right long term culture the players will step up.

D

daz

yeah we all said the same thing about a major sponsor. the more i look, the more ineptitude i see behind the Rebels front door and the less sanguine i am about the franchise long term prospects.

I hear you, mate.

I am rather hoping that with Baden being given the full set of reins, so to speak, things on the Operational and Commercial front will step up a notch or three.

Bring back the fucking Winters Ball for a start! That was a cracking night.

D

daz

I don't think appointing a new HC late is a problem as long as he is the right guy. For mine if he brings the right long term culture the players will step up.

Fair call, and normally I would agree with you.

However, we are talking about the wooden spoon team; As much time as possible at the coalface would be much needed, methinks!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)

However, we are talking about the wooden spoon team; As much time as possible at the coalface would be much needed, methinks!

yes the more the better. But the report card is given at the end of the season so there is still a little bit of room.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

Have to agree from a recruitment point of things. The new coach should be hired as he would have a style of play that some players would not suit.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.