• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
with all due respect, that pretty much means nothing.
What and where are the $'s they have lost.
What support has the ARU already given them above and beyond the initial agreements.
What responsibility within these arrangements does Cox hold.
Is it all the ARU's fault in the eyes of the law.
Could go on and on.

If their position is so strong why don't they follow through with their threats and then come to an agreement. For mine their actions do not meet their words.

That said I hope the Rebs survive also.
The reports on Friday were that they had come to an agreement.

To me the bigger issue is do the ARU still have the option to renegotiate with SANZAAR. If they don't then the biggest two lawsuits will probably win. If they do no one can predict what happens next year, but hopefully the five remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Oh, he posted the full details on the Imperium Facebook page, all the dollar amounts, all the claims - of course I don't know that info, you do realise some things are confidential in business?

Unlike the Force, who seem to have sent a copy of the alliance agreement to all members, there are some things Rebels members and fans don't know. Maybe we should, but we are offering and showing our support - that bit is our job.

Make them up. That seems to be how all Force V Rebels arguments are won on this forum.

Fudge the numbers and gloat! Because they'll influence the real decision makers !!!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Oh, he posted the full details on the Imperium Facebook page, all the dollar amounts, all the claims - of course I don't know that info, you do realise some things are confidential in business?

Unlike the Force, who seem to have sent a copy of the alliance agreement to all members, there are some things Rebels members and fans don't know. Maybe we should, but we are offering and showing our support - that bit is our job.

That is exactly my point, all we have to go on is actions.

Daz was making a lot of the Rebs ability to claim damages and therefore negotiate on many different points of disagreement.

My point is if they had a very strong argument they would not be sitting on their hands as they appear to be doing.

Basically, it seems, delaying negotiating/taking legal action until after the WF in the hope that the WF contract fails to protect them. Because imo they know that the ARU is holding all the cards in ref to them.
eg:
Rebs need ARU permission to transfer the licence.
The Rebs claims for damages look light on imo.
Cox is not prepared to or can't carry any more losses

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
#strongerasfive

Whilst I agree, take 5 minutes and read the candour and subject matter of the Force fans on the last two pages of this thread, and then do the same for the Rebels fans on the Force thread (who mostly talk about a funny news paper article saying Perth is dangerous).

It's day and night.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Whilst I agree, take 5 minutes and read the candour and subject matter of the Force fans on the last two pages of this thread, and then do the same for the Rebels fans on the Force thread (who mostly talk about a funny news paper article saying Perth is dangerous).

It's day and night.

It's a forum, people ask q's and or make statements.
From my reading most WF posters are answering those q's or giving the other sides view.
Agree totally #strongerasfive

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
with all due respect, that pretty much means nothing.
What and where are the $'s they have lost.
What support has the ARU already given them above and beyond the initial agreements.
What responsibility within these arrangements does Cox hold.
Is it all the ARU's fault in the eyes of the law.
Could go on and on.

If their position is so strong why don't they follow through with their threats and then come to an agreement. For mine their actions do not meet their words.

That said I hope the Rebs survive also.

good questions. the support the ARU has given the Rebels above and beyond initial agreements is $6 million (about) in secret payments that Rebecca Wilson and Wayne Smith reported on as part of the 'sale' agreement that Rob Clarke brokered.
What responsibility did Cox hold? well he promised to manage the off field processes efficiently - what he did was - he lost the major sponsors: Rabo Direct, Musashi and Yakult (who returned recently as post sponsors) and he gained Fuzo (who the hell has ever heard of them?); He replaced all of the off field admin staff with 12-13 staff (average salary $100,000 = $1.2 m - or double the previous admin base); He tried to make the event a world class event with : TGI Friday's pop up bar and snacks in Goschs park, wing eating contest at half time and the Islander dancers; PS he also handed out cocktail vouchers at the VSRU grand final in 2015 to fifteen year old boys until the headmaster of the host school kicked him off his grounds; And then we should look at the on field performance where the coach ran the team into the ground with so many training injuries that he was without a full complement of players embarrassingly often. Yeah the ARU was not responsible for all of that.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That is exactly my point, all we have to go on is actions.

Daz was making a lot of the Rebs ability to claim damages and therefore negotiate on many different points of disagreement.

My point is if they had a very strong argument they would not be sitting on their hands as they appear to be doing.

Basically, it seems, delaying negotiating/taking legal action until after the WF in the hope that the WF contract fails to protect them. Because imo they know that the ARU is holding all the cards in ref to them.
eg:
Rebs need ARU permission to transfer the licence.
The Rebs claims for damages look light on imo.
Cox is not prepared to or can't carry any more losses
We only know what we know and that is not much. All we can do is wait. In the meantime we take the slim pickings of what we know and try to interpret it. Rebels fans will hear what they want to hear, Force fans the same - it's human nature.

What I want is just to be able to go to a Rugby game and support the shit out of my team, nothing more, nothing less. Is that too much to ask for?

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
We only know what we know and that is not much. All we can do is wait. In the meantime we take the slim pickings of what we know and try to interpret it. Rebels fans will hear what they want to hear, Force fans the same - it's human nature.

What I want is just to be able to go to a Rugby game and support the shit out of my team, nothing more, nothing less. Is that too much to ask for?

You sweet creature you. You think this is about being a true supporter? That any of this isn't about making money? Ho hum, I wish I could believe in Santa

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You sweet creature you. You think this is about being a true supporter? That any of this isn't about making money? Ho hum, I wish I could believe in Santa
I'm sorry, but exactly WTF? What the hell is wrong with wanting to support your team? Does it offend you that someone might want to support their team, no matter how bad they are playing? Does it surprise you that the Rebels have supporters?

How many away games have you been to this year for your team?

I was actually trying to show that Rebels and Force fans are in the same boat but no, you lack any insight to notice. "Ooooh, look at us, we are from Perth and the rest of the country hates us".

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I'm sorry, but exactly WTF? What the hell is wrong with wanting to support your team? Does it offend you that someone might want to support their team, no matter how bad they are playing? Does it surprise you that the Rebels have supporters?

How many away games have you been to this year for your team?

I was actually trying to show that Rebels and Force fans are in the same boat but no, you lack any insight to notice. "Ooooh, look at us, we are from Perth and the rest of the country hates us".

hey mate, not trying to shit you - I love the game too, just got he shits with the 'politics' soz

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
hey mate, not trying to shit you - I love the game too, just got he shits with the 'politics' soz
And that is what I meant by just wanting to support my team. If I wanted politics I would have moved to Canberra. And I am not deluded, I know there is politics in sport (and any big organisation) but you can normally avoid all of that. Not so this year.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The reports on Friday were that they had come to an agreement.

To me the bigger issue is do the ARU still have the option to renegotiate with SANZAAR. If they don't then the biggest two lawsuits will probably win. If they do no one can predict what happens next year, but hopefully the five remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is gold, the smartest post in the last 5 pages and the Force fans ignore it. Not what they want to hear.

First line people. FFS, this is a REBELS thread, we have been hearing rumours since Friday.

I heard the same things from supporters, members, media representatives and players.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
This is gold, the smartest post in the last 5 pages and the Force fans ignore it. Not what they want to hear.

First line people. FFS, this is a REBELS thread, we have been hearing rumours since Friday.

I heard the same things from supporters, members, media representatives and players.

yep I heard Cox signed the deal, but the ARU did not sign it, so it's in limbo - meanwhile, Cox has fled the country and is not making any further comments

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
yep I heard Cox signed the deal, but the ARU did not sign it, so it's in limbo - meanwhile, Cox has fled the country and is not making any further comments
Cox was not in the country. Deal has been done.

My conspiracy theorist is thinking the ARU wants the Rebels gone which is why they are doing a lot of WF press but need to find a way not to offend the VIC governemnt.

And if everything is true, they have no chance as the price tag was impressive, too much to get anyone to walk away after that investment.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
good questions. the support the ARU has given the Rebels above and beyond initial agreements is $6 million (about) in secret payments that Rebecca Wilson and Wayne Smith reported on as part of the 'sale' agreement that Rob Clarke brokered.
What responsibility did Cox hold? well he promised to manage the off field processes efficiently - what he did was - he lost the major sponsors: Rabo Direct, Musashi and Yakult (who returned recently as post sponsors) and he gained Fuzo (who the hell has ever heard of them?); He replaced all of the off field admin staff with 12-13 staff (average salary $100,000 = $1.2 m - or double the previous admin base); He tried to make the event a world class event with : TGI Friday's pop up bar and snacks in Goschs park, wing eating contest at half time and the Islander dancers; PS he also handed out cocktail vouchers at the VSRU grand final in 2015 to fifteen year old boys until the headmaster of the host school kicked him off his grounds; And then we should look at the on field performance where the coach ran the team into the ground with so many training injuries that he was without a full complement of players embarrassingly often. Yeah the ARU was not responsible for all of that.

lou has made very good points and despite the public pronouncements and posturing, the Cox led Rebels organisation has completely sucked as far as i can see. neither the on field rugby nor "entertainment" (who or WTF are those "dancers" at the pre game -FFS) has garnered increased support, the crowd numbers have dwindled, even the make or break games had little crowd and less crowd support (even hard to get Rebels chant going) than at any time in the Rebels existence. the Sponsorship seems to have dried up, its possible Fuso are paying more than the others did, but it seems doubtful. the public efforts to save the team and whip up local support, have been woefully inadequate if you ask me. virtually, no advertising, little media, no "sea of Blue" passion.

i love my rugby, and really want a team in Melbourne, that i can get behind and follow, but if it comes to a choice right now, then of the two teams facing the chop, one organisation is streets ahead in the save my team game, and its not the Rebels. like everyone else i have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors, but the Rebel faithful have been given very little reassurance by the long silences from Cox and Co

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
well he does seem to have his tail between his legs now that things have gone decidedly pear shaped - my sources tell me that he wasn't at the last home game and the previous home game, he left after the formal speeches in the Chairman's Club - before the game started. Sounds like a scared little boy who got caught out with his hands down his pants

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
well he does seem to have his tail between his legs now that things have gone decidedly pear shaped - my sources tell me that he wasn't at the last home game and the previous home game, he left after the formal speeches in the Chairman's Club - before the game started. Sounds like a scared little boy who got caught out with his hands down his pants
I spoke with him at the Weary Dunlop test lunch last month. He was still very much in the fight, admitted that this year had been "pretty f$&cking bad, but we are still here", but he's a businessman, he keeps his cards close to his chest so what do I or anyone really know?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
lou has made very good points and despite the public pronouncements and posturing, the Cox led Rebels organisation has completely sucked as far as i can see. neither the on field rugby nor "entertainment" (who or WTF are those "dancers" at the pre game -FFS) has garnered increased support, the crowd numbers have dwindled, even the make or break games had little crowd and less crowd support (even hard to get Rebels chant going) than at any time in the Rebels existence. the Sponsorship seems to have dried up, its possible Fuso are paying more than the others did, but it seems doubtful. the public efforts to save the team and whip up local support, have been woefully inadequate if you ask me. virtually, no advertising, little media, no "sea of Blue" passion.

i love my rugby, and really want a team in Melbourne, that i can get behind and follow, but if it comes to a choice right now, then of the two teams facing the chop, one organisation is streets ahead in the save my team game, and its not the Rebels. like everyone else i have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors, but the Rebel faithful have been given very little reassurance by the long silences from Cox and Co
Actions speak louder than words. I am happy for Cox to say nothing and do lots (as long as he does lots).

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Well he apparently signed the put option to divest himself of the Rebels, - so that's an action, but what else has he done?? (as reported on Foxsports - but not confirmed since apparently not signed off by ARU)

Status
Not open for further replies.