• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Nice post from one of our esteemed moderators and upholder of site standards.

But also a short memory. Remember our first 7 seasons? We weren't drowning in $33 million of losses and making under the table deals with a recently departed ARU employee to white ant a fellow Australian team.

Your response had zero relevance to my post, so try reading it again and have another swing. And yes, I am aware of my mod status, thanks for pointing that out. Lots of extra buttons.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Interesting thing I observed when in Perth for the Force v Rebels game: everyone was there for the joy of Rugby, like they are at AAMI Park. Nothing bad between fans, just some friendly rivalry banter that goes on in this great game. So, I have come to the conclusion those that attend the games at nib are not the same ones that get all hot and bothered online.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Where can I read more about the JRU wanting to cut the Sunwolves? Haven't heard that one before.

Just one of a few things Iv started to hear/read IMG_6011.PNG

It's not saying it's going to happen or even likely, but conversations are starting to be had with regard to the way they had been treated (SA conference and Singapore) plus the headache it's caused with the top league, player burn out, the future of the competition and stagnating the Top league growth.

Atm the only certainty is the 5NZ teams and the tahs/re

B

BLR

Interesting thing I observed when in Perth for the Force v Rebels game: everyone was there for the joy of Rugby, like they are at AAMI Park. Nothing bad between fans, just some friendly rivalry banter that goes on in this great game. So, I have come to the conclusion those that attend the games at nib are not the same ones that get all hot and bothered online.
Did you mention all the Force players the Rebels will take next year? Or mention the topic at all? That would have probably turned the situation.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Did you mention all the Force players the Rebels will take next year? Or mention the topic at all? That would have probably turned the situation.
No, why would I do that? I have nothing against the Force or their fans (quite the opposite). I have travelled to Perth twice for Rebels games and twice for Rising games. Always enjoy the experience and don't want that to end.

B

BLR

No, why would I do that? I have nothing against the Force or their fans (quite the opposite). I have travelled to Perth twice for Rebels games and twice for Rising games. Always enjoy the experience and don't want that to end.
Spot on, but that kind of talk goes on in an Australian wide Rugby forum we are obviously going to kick up a fuss.

Hey, I bet if you met Shiggins and just focused on the Rugby you'd be abusing the ref in no time.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Spot on, but that kind of talk goes on in an Australian wide Rugby forum we are obviously going to kick up a fuss.

Hey, I bet if you met Shiggins and just focused on the Rugby you'd be abusing the ref in no time.
Well, maybe. It is possible we could end up BFFs, but I'll reserve judgement until we meet!

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)

For the record, I want 5 teams to remain,

Unfortunately IF a team has to be cut i hope it's the rebels, purely because i'm a Force fan & seeing them go would be devastating to me (also totally understand if this is your perspective, just with the teams reversed) . Which is one of the main reasons i'm just so pissed the fuck off with this whole situation.The clubs and the fans can't stick together. This has created an us vs them scenario and turning usually decent people against each other.

and for the record, IF any team goes i think it should be the Fox commentary team, or the current ARU administration - and really preferably both because both 'teams' are fucking shithouse at their jobs

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Just one of a few things Iv started to hear/readView attachment 9515

It's not saying it's going to happen or even likely, but conversations are starting to be had with regard to the way they had been treated (SA conference and Singapore) plus the headache it's caused with the top league, player burn out, the future of the competition and stagnating the Top league growth.

Atm the only certainty is the 5NZ teams and the tahs/re

Interesting considering the Top League (and all those companies behind it) have made the biggest move in the history of Japanese rugby moving the Top League season to suit the Super Rugby team and making significant changes to the way the contract and retain players to facilitate their involvement in the Sunwolves. If you know anything about Japanese rugby you would realise how massive that is.

I would hazard a guess the truth to those whispers, if any, is about the draw and home games, not an unwillingness to have a team in Super Rugby. Anything beyond that is ridiculous. It would take anther 2yrs to undo. :rolleyes:

Your suggestion about the Sharks wanting to go north is closer to the truth but still a little off. They are in line behind the Lions. Some report suggest they even made enquires as to the feasibility.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Interesting considering the Top League (and all those companies behind it) have made the biggest move in the history of Japanese rugby moving the Top League season to suit the Super Rugby team and making significant changes to the way the contract and retain players to facilitate their involvement in the Sunwolves. If you know anything about Japanese rugby you would realise how massive that is.

I would hazard a guess the truth to those whispers, if any, is about the draw and home games, not an unwillingness to have a team in Super Rugby. Anything beyond that is ridiculous. It would take anther 2yrs to undo. :rolleyes:

Your suggestion about the Sharks wanting to go north is closer to the truth but still a little off. They are in line behind the Lions. Some report suggest they even made enquires as to the feasibility.

Agree with most of this, interesting today reports now about 4 SA teams inquiring about joining the Anglo Welsh cup. The ball is well and truly in motion and i for one am cheering it on.

N

NTT

Your response had zero relevance to my post, so try reading it again and have another swing. And yes, I am aware of my mod status, thanks for pointing that out. Lots of extra buttons.

My post has significant relevance to your post. It is pointing out what a hypocrite you are and what a delusional argument you Rabble supporters are clinging too.

Mod shmod. Youre not a shark in an ocean, youre a clownfish in a puddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.