• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who'd be a coach? Put your neck on the line to sign up to a team with a cloudy future and have little say over your playing roster. Madness.

They're a pretty mailable team though. Everyone can cover a number of positions, including our best back being heir to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s "Australia's Ultimate Utility" title (Hodge).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah no doubt, but you're being thrown a massive challenge with the Rebels. If we survive this farce the successful candidate has little time to shake things up and start putting new systems in place.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The decreasing frequency with which they deliver is clearly a worry though.

Agreed, but there'll be plenty of spots open, plenty of expiring contracts, and a very young roster.

I'd say this hypothetical coach could begin moulding his vision in year 1 and will be well and truly cooking by year 2.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Coach for next year would be the Force coach if they go, if not I suspect an experienced head that's been overseas for a while. Matty Taylor would be my pick

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Hopefully Turinui and the other assistants are well underway de-McGahanifying the players that are staying/potentially staying, at least for the NRC.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was making a dumb joke about you saying mailable when you meant malleable.

Silly me.
Coach for next year would be the Force coach if they go, if not I suspect an experienced head that's been overseas for a while. Matty Taylor would be my pick
Big call. Could be I guess, but I doubt he'd struggle to get a good gig in South Africa to Europe (which wouldn't be a much bigger move than to Melbourne).

How long was his contract for?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Horwitz is a 12 that can cover 10 if injuries occur.

The chat on Genia is harsh, downward slope... he was the wallabies best last year and the year before helped the wallabies to wc final. He's only 29/30 so has a few good years in him. As for this year he's getting judged off a 3 game sample after a very long season. He was satisfactory against Fiji, horrendous in the first half against Scotland but played half decent in the second and against Italy was ok.

Give him a good coach and he will be an amazing asset, plus he attracts players wanting to play with him.
Fair points. Still don't think he's worth close to $800k per year, even if the ARU pay half.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Silly me.
Big call. Could be I guess, but I doubt he'd struggle to get a good gig in South Africa to Europe (which wouldn't be a much bigger move than to Melbourne).

How long was his contract for?

AFAIK Dave Wessels is only contracted for this season.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Ooh MALE ENHANCEMENT! Oh miss Rose Milly, I'll think you'll find after today's player announcement, none of the males reading this thread will need any herbal remedies to fix their "male organ"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ooh MALE ENHANCEMENT! Oh miss Rose Milly, I'll think you'll find after today's player announcement, none of the males reading this thread will need any herbal remedies to fix their "male organ".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send them to the ARU, we all know they need to grow a pair ;)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Jonah Placid off to RCT for two years. Enforces the view they have "other plans" for the Fullback position.

Great potential, just could never secure that starting spot. Nice fella too - wish him well.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Hopefully he comes to back Australia in a couple of years with a bit more realised potential, but at this point in time, I'm not too bothered about it.

Reactions: daz

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hopefully he comes to back Australia in a couple of years with a bit more realised potential, but at this point in time, I'm not too bothered about it.

Yeah, nice kid, some flashes of great but also some "what on earth did he do that for?" moments. Best of luck, Jonah!

So, time for more speculation.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not particularly breaking news, but it can basically be confirmed that McMahon is gone. On his Instagram last night he posted this IMG_5999.PNG

Pretty sure he's going with his 'one last time' and 'end of an era' tag. Suspect we will see him in the top league then back in Super Rugby with the reds

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well the old/new owners, whoever, should offer him a half season contract after the top league finishes - injury cover there is bound to be some ! a few games with him is worth whatever it costs in $

Status
Not open for further replies.