• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm with Daz on this one.

He may be the incumbent Wallaby half-back but I doubt for much longer. No way he is worth $800k. If the Rebels are expected to pay half that amount then I would much rather we pick up another good young 9 and offer McMahon the difference.

Louwrens would be ideal but we could help the Reds out and take Tuttle.

D

daz

i suspect the latter

I agree, we have picked up predominantly a fly-half. But a fly-half who can also cover the center's.

Always good to get players who can switch it up and provide coverage; that will come in handy given our S&C team tend to prefer breaking players in the pre-season.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
My feeling is that it's less specific than Center/Fly Half, and more an option for either, depending on who we can recruit from elsewhere.

So if and only if the Force goes, and we recruit DHP as suggested in the article above, Hodge plays center and Horwitz plays fly half.

Whereas if we all get to stay, we try and scrounge a fly half up from somewhere, or make do with what we have, and play Hodge at Fullback and Horwitz in the centres.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D

daz

So if and only if the Force goes, and we recruit DHP as suggested in the article above, Hodge plays center and Horwitz plays fly half.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thinking of a centre combo of (9)Louwrens, (10)Horwitz, (12)Hodge and (13)English.

Sefa and Koroibete on the wings.

DHP at Fullback.

Oh boy. Just gave myself a happy ending. ;)

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I agree, we have picked up predominantly a fly-half. But a fly-half who can also cover the center's.

Always good to get players who can switch it up and provide coverage; that will come in handy given our S&C team tend to prefer breaking players in the pre-season.
Glad we are aiming for improvement in 2018 and dropping pre-match from the preferred player breaking options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
We don't know the coach so we don't know if Horwitz is a 10 or centre.

I'd suspect if McGan was here he'd fit his 10 role well, but who knows with the next bloke. At least if we're picking up versatile pieces he can work on his vision from day 1.

D

daz

Glad we are aiming for improvement in 2018 and dropping pre-match from the preferred player breaking options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby steps. I'm hopeful that at some stage in our future, the S&C team can provide, well, strength and conditioning.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thinking of a centre combo of (9)Louwrens, (10)Horwitz, (12)Hodge and (13)English.

Sefa and Koroibete on the wings.

DHP at Fullback.

Oh boy. Just gave myself a happy ending. ;)

If you're going to be pie in the sky, why not name Meakes in the centers and Lance at 10.

Still, it's possible we'll see a similar backline playing for the Force next year.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Horwitz is a 12 that can cover 10 if injuries occur.

The chat on Genia is harsh, downward slope..... he was the wallabies best last year and the year before helped the wallabies to wc final. He's only 29/30 so has a few good years in him. As for this year he's getting judged off a 3 game sample after a very long season. He was satisfactory against Fiji, horrendous in the first half against Scotland but played half decent in the second and against Italy was ok.

Give him a good coach and he will be an amazing asset, plus he attracts players wanting to play with him.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Who'd be a coach? Put your neck on the line to sign up to a team with a cloudy future and have little say over your playing roster. Madness.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Who'd be a coach? Put your neck on the line to sign up to a team with a cloudy future and have little say over your playing roster. Madness.
Happens in business all the time - employed to manage a group of employees you had no say in employing. A good manager (coach) should be able to work with what they have and lead from the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.