• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
What rubbish. Pure clickbait crap.
I disagree mate.

I've definitely got mail that DHP and many others will play Rebels if the Force fold, as I'm sure many Rebels will play Force if the Rebels fold. These guys aren't going to put their livelihoods on hold or not have their managers create a Plan B

B

BLR

I disagree mate.

I've definitely got mail that DHP and many others will play Rebels if the Force fold, as I'm sure many Rebels will play Force if the Rebels fold. These guys aren't going to put their livelihoods on hold or not have their managers create a Plan B

Well reveal your sources if you have mail.

Saying 'I understand x player has made an agreement with x club' and leaving it at that is rubbish, I can make up whatever I like to suit my aims.

While the Rebels and Force are officially signing players there is this undercurrent coming out of some journalists over there about secret deals being made with contracted Force players but then not backing it up with names and details. Just rubbish journalism, if you can't list the details it isn't something reportable.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)

Saying 'I understand x player has made an agreement with x club' and leaving it at that is rubbish, I can make up whatever I like to suit my aims.

While the Rebels and Force are officially signing players there is this undercurrent coming out of some journalists over there about secret deals being made with contracted Force players but then not backing it up with names and details. Just rubbish journalism, if you can't list the details it isn't something reportable.

But it just makes sense. I'm sure players on both teams have been looking at their options and given both teams have gaps it is pretty likely that if the Rebels leave that the Force will get a few nice additions to their team and vice versa. If the Rebels do go, then I hope that the Force take on as many of our players as possible. Look after them and crush all opposition.

Of course, my preference is that we crush the Force in the return game next season at AAMI park.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Absolutely, may not be concrete facts, however there is no way there ARE NOT a whole stack of letters of intent floating about.

I doubt many managers would allow their players to become free agents with no plan B at least on the theoretical table later in this year....there would be nowhere to go. It would be to late to THEN go having discussions.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'm not doing that because there's nothing to gain from it, but what I've heard certainly agrees with the article that was posted yesterday and just plain common sense.

The fact of the matter is, if the Rebels are canned tomorrow where would the most super rugby spots be? The Western Force. The same logic applies on the other side.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Horwitz has played with Lance, Newsome and Matwijow at the Country Eagles over the last few years.
Thanks BH.
I would say not Lance as he is contracted for 2018. Newsome, Matwijow and Philip are not, yet.
Could also add TPN to the list of former team mates.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Thanks BH.
I would say not Lance as he is contracted for 2018. Newsome, Matwijow and Philip are not, yet.

Alex Newsome methinks - both roughly the same age & from the Eastern Suburbs ;)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks BH.

Alex Newsome methinks - both roughly the same age & from the Eastern Suburbs ;)
Newsome ? just what the Rebels need yet another outside back.
Matwijow ? the Rebels have looked at and rejected once or twice before, unlikely
Philip ? possible
TPN ? highly improbable. they have Hanson and Uelese,
Lance ?, most likely, the Rebels need a 10 (and a couple of 9's to go with him)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If the force go and the players do go to the rebels they would have to let go a heap of current rebels players because they won't be good enough to be picked

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If the force go and the players do go to the rebels they would have to let go a heap of current rebels players because they won't be good enough to be picked

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
I would say players would go to the remaining four teams, head overseas or retire. They all won't go to the one team.

D

daz

I would say players would go to the remaining four teams, head overseas or retire. They all won't go to the one team.

I think that Shiggins was actually attempting to troll, trotting out the old "our players are better than yours" chestnut, rather than making a legitimate contribution.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think that Shiggins was actually attempting to troll, trotting out the old "our players are better than yours" chestnut, rather than making a legitimate contribution.
Oh, I know Daz, I just wasn't playing along.

Or was I?

Reactions: daz

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Absolutely, may not be concrete facts, however there is no way there ARE NOT a whole stack of letters of intent floating about.

I doubt many managers would allow their players to become free agents with no plan B at least on the theoretical table later in this year..there would be nowhere to go. It would be to late to THEN go having discussions.

Yes this is players professional futures they have to look after so of course all Force and Rebels players would have been discussing with their Managers possible Plan B's.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member

Ahh Shiggins, the gift that keeps on giving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Just wondering if anyone else is having probs with the G&GR site being slow and freezing for a few seconds whenever it is refreshed?
I currently have 21 other pages open plus other programs and everything else is fine.
This has been happening for about a week, maybe the ARU are up to something.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just wondering if anyone else is having probs with the G&GR site being slow and freezing for a few seconds whenever it is refreshed?
I currently have 21 other pages open plus other programs and everything else is fine.
This has been happening for about a week, maybe the ARU are up to something.
I heard the ARU are planning to cut a Rugby fan site in the next 48-72 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.