• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

i wasn't, nor was i doubting your "bone fides"
'

Someone here has bone fides? Is it contagious?

Any opinions that come from a position of knowledge will not be tolerated, and the offending person asked to leave. #FakeNews

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
You're a media guy, are you not GoMelbRebels?

I'd be very surprised if they announced a meaningful signing on a Sunday, not good for the news cycle or social media impressions.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You're a media guy, are you not GoMelbRebels?

I'd be very surprised if they announced a meaningful signing on a Sunday, not good for the news cycle or social media impressions.
No, not usually, though Sunday night can be good for social media as people are more likely in at home.

Hmmmmm, maybe it was "someday" not "Sunday". My hearing isn't that good.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Welcome, Dave. Hope you like your new Mexican home.

From the article, two interesting points:

Horwitz's loss is a good addition for the Rebels and intriguing, as the centre would be the first to publicly sign to either of the Force or the Rebels from an interstate club since news that one of the sides is set to be cut in the 2018 season.

And this, trying to work out who the ex-teammate is that lives out west (I assume western suburbs Melbourne). Has Dave always been a Waratah? Sydney Rays - connections to Reece?

Neither club has officially confirmed the switch, but we hear the 22-year-old has been looking for a place to live with an ex-teammate based in the west.

Certainly not my first-choice centre that I'd pick, but a handy addition. Thinking they want Reece in the back three, probably FB? OC is well covered with English, Sefa, or Tuipolotu.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Matt Philip is "based in the west" and about the same age, is he not?

I wouldn't be surprised if Horwitz has been signed as a potential #10.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Horowitz is a decent signing. Definitely makes the Rebels better, but doesn't make them good.

Probably played his best rugby in the NRC as a 13 but played a lot of 10 pre-Tahs and obvious mostly 12 for the Tahs.

We're probably 5 good player signings and 1 good coach signing away from being a good club in 2018. I think the only way the 5 players happen in one season is IF we're lucky enough to stay and the Force go (not that I want this to happen), and the coach signing I don't know how.

Hopefully things pan out. :)

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Taking him as a swap for Inman rather than JD, it gives us a bit more flexibility in the use of Hodge in the back 3 without depriving the midfield of a kicking/passing option.

Still really need another halves pair for though. Volavola is a known quantity, with some good bits and others not up to standard, while JGB could continue on the slow road to competency, but really needs someone to show him the ropes.

My issues with current Stirzaker are well noted (as anyone on the WF thread could see), Bip is gone, Goddard isn't ready to be the full time option and at 29, Snowden isn't going to get any better than 3rd string.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
*snip

And this, trying to work out who the ex-teammate is that lives out west (I assume western suburbs Melbourne). Has Dave always been a Waratah? Sydney Rays - connections to Reece?

Certainly not my first-choice centre that I'd pick, but a handy addition. Thinking they want Reece in the back three, probably FB? OC is well covered with English, Sefa, or Tuipolotu.

I doubt they were talking western suburbs. I can't imagine any players wanting to drive over the Westgate and through the tunnel to get to work every morning. Unless Docklands is considered "based in the west"?

Horwitz played for Randwick -> Country Eagles -> Stinkin' Tahs.

2011-12 Aus Schoolboys

2014 Aus Under 20s (according to Wikipedia)

No idea where Hodge is likely to play - considering we don't have a coach yet.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Understandable that Horwitz would look elsewhere with Beale returning. The fact he has chosen the Rebels gives me 19% more confidence we will be around in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.