• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know this is a huge call but I think this time next year Taylor Adams will be the 2nd best 10 in Australia.

Haha. Jokes aside, I rate this guy for the value of the contract he'd be on. Always wondered why Aussie Super Rugby teams signed blokes like Garden-Bachop with him running around in Sydney for pennies. Wouldn't take much.

That being said, Garden-Bachop was very good this NPC.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Goes to show that you can have a great 10 but if it doesn't fit the back-line and game plan or you can have a great back-line and game plan with a 10 that doesn't fit. A lesson we need to learn here in Australia.

I think Adams might just fit with Wessels at the helm but it might take some time to get it all to gel.

D

daz

Pre-season officially starts today for the Melbourne Rebels. Time to gear up for a huge 2018 in Super Rugby.

It’s going to be an epic year, lads. Once the Rebel Wallabies return, I’m going to drop into a few training sessions to see what structure and positions Wessels is toying with. That will be pretty exciting stuff.

Practice games in the new year will also have huge interest from the fan base.

Ah, only 100 (or so) days to go. Love this.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pre-season officially starts today for the Melbourne Rebels. Time to gear up for a huge 2018 in Super Rugby.

It’s going to be an epic year, lads. Once the Rebel Wallabies return, I’m going to drop into a few training sessions to see what structure and positions Wessels is toying with. That will be pretty exciting stuff.

Practice games in the new year will also have huge interest from the fan base.

Ah, only 100 (or so) days to go. Love this.
Time to start taking my lunchtime runs via AAMI Park for a look-in. I haven’t been this pumped for a season to start since season 1.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
So bittersweet for me to get excited about this season, first season the Rebels seem to have serious potential and the first season I won't be able to attend :(

D

daz

Only if you look after it. I'm not dealing with donkey poo through the house.

Time to focus on the positives and block out the yapping. To that end, we still haven't done meat and beers, to formally celebrate the rebirth of our beloved team. Shall we wrap that into pre-Chrissy Melbourne GAGR drinks?

Who is interested?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Time to focus on the positives and block out the yapping. To that end, we still haven't done meat and beers, to formally celebrate the rebirth of our beloved team. Shall we wrap that into pre-Chrissy Melbourne GAGR drinks?

Who is interested?
I’m definitely in (though not available 06/12-14/12). I’m actually really looking forward to the members night and hearing what Dave has to say about plans for 2018 (especially “staff”, I like it when he says that word).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Who is interested?

I'm usually that guy who responds yes and then ghosts but given how 2017 has been a giant floating turd from day one and 2018 is looking positive, I'll say yes, pending date/time/location. Maybe we should throw an invite to Wessels via twitter.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Melbourne Rebels have added an international quartet to their squad with the signings of Matt Philip, Billy Meakes, Richard Hardwick and Tayler Adams ahead of the 2018 Vodafone Super Rugby season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, so. Check in time:

Hookers:
1 James Hanson
2 Jordan Uelese
3 Siliva Siliva

Props:
4 Tetera Faulkner
5 Sam Talakai
6 Laurie Weekes
7 Fereti Sa'aga
8 Ben Daley
9 Jermaine Ainsley

Locks:

10 Sam Jeffries
11 Adam Coleman
12 Geoff Parling
13 Steve Cummins
14 Alex Toolis
15 Matt Philip

Backrow:
16 Lotepi Timani
17 Rob Leota
18 Colby Fainga'a
19 Richard Hardwick
20 Ross Haylett-Petty
21 Amanaki Mafi

Scrumhalves:
22 Nic Stirzaker
23 Will Genia
24 Harrison Goddard

Flyhalves:
25 Tayler Adams
26 Jack McGregor
27 Dave Horwitz

Centres:
28 Sione Tuipulito
29 Reece Hodge
30 Billy Meakes

Wings:
31 Sefa Naivalu
32 Tom English
33 Marikia Koroibete
34 Henry Hutchison

Fullbacks:
35 Jack Madocks
36 Dane Haylett-Petty

Missed any? Perhaps a handful (Goddard, Leota, McGregor) are in EPS???

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jeeeeeesus the Rebels are assembling a stacked team.

1 Ainsley
2 Uelese
3 Weeks
4 Parling
5 Coleman
6 Timani
7 Hardwick
8 Mafi
9 Genia
10 Lance
11 Koroibete
12 Hodge
13 Meakes
14 Naivalu
15 DHP

16 Faulkner
17 Hanson
18 Talakai
19 Phillip
20 Fainga'a
21 Stirzacker
22 Adams
23 Maddocks

With the following not utilised: Daley, RHP, McGregor, English, Shipperly, Hutchison, Fou, Cummins, Leota, Jeffries, Toolis, Goddard, Horwitz, Tupilotu, + all the u20s players you blooded in the NRC (e.g. Tupou who looked very handy).

If Lance doesn't sign (it's looking less and less likely), you'd expect Adams to start at 10 and Horwitz to come onto the bench at 22 to cover 10, 12 and 13 at a touch. Absolutely nuts.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Gut feeling is that that is nearly the final squad Reg. If we aren't getting Lance, I have a feeling Worcester would have signed him up already: he's an improvement on Heathcote.

Coleman is yet to be confirmed as well, but can't see him going anywhere else.

Some on here have put Cummo on a 2.5/3 year European deal. Wouldn't be surprised if true.

And I'd imagine some non-pro backrower in the Group (Local or otherwise) will pick up a full time contract as well: 6 is just a little bit light for my tastes, even if guys like Toolis and Philip can fill in at Blindside if necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Melbourne Rebels have added an international quartet to their squad with the signings of Matt Philip, Billy Meakes, Richard Hardwick and Tayler Adams ahead of the 2018 Vodafone Super Rugby season.
Is that all? They really must try harder!

Or, in other words, Bloody Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.