• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rebels twitter feed has a cracking try scored by Henry Hutchinson. He's looking sharper with every outing.

He has, just don't see how he will manage to break into the match day 23, would not have him near a bench spot still at the moment. If he gets a chance he will need to take it.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
He has, just don't see how he will manage to break into the match day 23, would not have him near a bench spot still at the moment. If he gets a chance he will need to take it.

Agreed, he's going to make some Dewar Shield players look very silly next year.

In all fairness, I think he could use a year to change his body shape a bit. He's still quite small.

The big subtext of bigger super squad sizes, more young super blokes in Melbourne, VRU ownership, and less Dewar teams is I think it could be a special year for the community game.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

In all fairness, I think he could use a year to change his body shape a bit. He's still quite small.

The big subtext of bigger super squad sizes, more young super blokes in Melbourne, VRU ownership, and less Dewar teams is I think it could be a special year for the community game.

He is small, however he definitely plays the game like a much bigger player. Sure he's going to be bumped off a few tackles, but the majority of the time his technique is good and he makes the tackles.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
He is small, however he definitely plays the game like a much bigger player. Sure he's going to be bumped off a few tackles, but the majority of the time his technique is good and he makes the tackles.

No argument, I'm saying that at 20 spending a year playing 5-8 Super games (mostly if not always off the bench), a few Dewar games, and a full NRC season will do him good. Not to mention a lot of hard work eating at a calorie surplus and punching tin.

All in all, few would argue having 5-10kg more lean mass wouldn't do him some good.

T

TOCC

How should he change his body shape?
I don’t think he is going to grow any taller, and already he is quite stocky, maybe he could put on an extra 2kgs. But if he puts much more weight on he will lose some of his best attributes, specifically his acceleration and ability to change direction on a dime.

He has his strengths and attributes, he just needs to learn to play to them and the coaches on how to best utilise them.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
like the old adage, "if your'e good enough your old enough",in most cases, "if your'e good enough your big enough".
the obsession with size, to the detriment of good skills, footwork and pace is to be deplored

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
How should he change his body shape?
I don’t think he is going to grow any taller, and already he is quite stocky, maybe he could put on an extra 2kgs. But if he puts much more weight on he will lose some of his best attributes, specifically his acceleration and ability to change direction on a dime.

He has his strengths and attributes, he just needs to learn to play to them and the coaches on how to best utilise them.

I don't know, you think a 20 year old who's played 7s as recently as this year only has 2 good kg of mass to gain? I understand there's a tipping point for speed and agility, but he's not there yet.

For reference, other smaller professional outside backs all have 5-10kg on him.

T

TOCC

I don't know, you think a 20 year old who's played 7s as recently as this year only has 2 good kg of mass to gain? I understand there's a tipping point for speed and agility, but he's not there yet.

For reference, other smaller professional outside backs all have 5-10kg on him.

Yes that’s what I believe. He is 86kg now, and he looks like it too. I don’t see how he could add on another 5-10kgs without drastically impacting his acceleration, step and swerve.

I can’t think of any other 175cm wingers who weigh 96kg? James O’Connor is taller then Henry but only weighs 88kg according to stats.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Shane Williams was a brilliant winger and he was only 170cm and 80 odd kg. Hutchinson's strengths are his speed and step and if they're good enough he'll make it, even if he does add 4-5 extra kg of muscle he'll still be a small winger by international standards and it's unlikely to help him trying to tackle someone like Naholo or Taqele at full tilt. I'd much rather see him as a smaller winger who can gas larger opponents rather than adding extra size and decreasing his best features. In saying that how's his pass? Too late to make him into a halfback?

Status
Not open for further replies.