• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think it much more likely that Horwitz will be in the 23 he can cover 10/12 and possibly 15 But with Hodge covering 1 -15 :), they can possibly leave him out. Don't be surprised if Adams starts at 10.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
So my starting line up.

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a (Still hopeing McMahon takes a one year deal before moving to Japan)
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. McGregor (Think Genia can bring him up to speed and cover that lack of experience)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Daley
18. Weeks
19. Phillips
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Stirzaker
22. Maddocks
23. Shipperly

We could argue over a few positions here and there but that is one good looking team. There are still a bunch of good players, guys that would have probably started for us this year, that haven't even made your 23. Good signs.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
So my starting line up.

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a (Still hopeing McMahon takes a one year deal before moving to Japan)
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. McGregor (Think Genia can bring him up to speed and cover that lack of experience)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Daley
18. Weeks
19. Phillips
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Stirzaker
22. Maddocks
23. Shipperly

KO, now that he's signed I expect you will be reverting to Matt Philip's correct surname?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Tahs have picked up nine players, including Will Miller - good luck to him. Notable absentee; Meakes. Chances of him going to Melbourne are...

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Really pleased the lad has found a Super Rugby home, after literally playing the Keanu Reeves role in the Replacements movie (Melbourne Remake)!

I won't forget that blinder he played against the Sharks. Condeeded penalty to put us behind 3 points, then earned a penalty for us to even the score in the last play of the match. A little breakdown terrier.

T

TOCC

I thought wages for players were fully paid for by the ARU

No, players wages come from the Rebels operating budget... Yes the ARU provides a grant to the club which is just above what the salary cap is, but the ARU doesn't directly cover the wages. If the Rebels spent $5million of their salary cap in 2017, and are now looking at spending closer to $6.5million in 2018, the ARU allocation to the team doesn't change, that extra $1.5million is an expense directly on the VRU. Rebels have apparently asked for and been approved a lift in the salary cap for 2018.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Doeant explain how they pay them, but marquee foreign players, and some of the costs for Wallabies returning from overseas (IE Genia) and recruiting players from another code don't fall under the salary cap.

There's also an additional allowance for third party payments on top of the base number if any can be attracted.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
So my starting line up.

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. Timani
8. Mafi
9. Genia
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Daley
18. Weeks
19. Phillips
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Stirzaker
22. Maddocks
23. Shipperly

I think Talakai and Philips over able but ageing backups Parling and Weeks, but pretty great to have that depth. Not sure about BOTH maddocks and ships on the bench, probs ditch ships for an inside back cover, like tuipolotu, horwitz or meakes if he comes.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Team named for Sunday's game:

Melbourne Rebels team v Verblitz:

Tom Moloney
Brandon Paenga-Amosa
Fereti Sa’aga
Alex Toolis
Sam Jeffries
Jock Armstrong
Ikapote Tupai
Rob Leota (captain)
Harrison Goddard
Tayler Adams
Henry Hutchison
David Horwitz
Sione Tuipulotu
Latu Latunipulu
Kitione Ratu

Reserves

Siliva Siliva
Rory O’Connor
Sam Needs
Jason Havea
David Hickey
Mahe Vailanu
Maradona Farao
Jack McGregor
Hunter Paisami

Interesting to see BPA, Adams and Latunipulu get starts, but I guess McGregor did get lots of gametime in the NRC, and it's important that those still looking for spots in the squad should get the opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D

daz

Rebels members meet and greet with Dave Wessels and Baden, on the 28th.

Followed by open floor Q&A with Dave and selected players.

Email sent out today, for RSVP.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah i was offered an EPS but declined because i felt someone younger deserved a chance.
And to be frank the moneys crap compared to nerosurgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.