• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

You never know, it is possible that some of those ex-Force players turn out to be decent blokes ;)

It’s like the Wizard of Oz - One moment they are wandering the wilderness of Perth in scratchy black and white, and the next they are growing man-buns, beards and buying organic soy mochacino’s in Fitzroy in glorious colour.

I’m sure once the shock of being in a metropolis begins to fade, they will be quite happy to dance around the yellow brick road, aka The Tan Track.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
That’s a massive payroll for 2018, hope the VRU can afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

some one mentioned no salary cap in 2018 - maybe they were b/s ing me - so no problems there, but where is the money coming from? That is a concern - although, wait, the ARU is obligated to field four teams, they will pay the shortfall, no problems for VRU on that front - with the expert advice from the ARU ex COO on board, whispering in Stephensons ear, he knows exactly what to do to milk the cash cow.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
That’s a massive payroll for 2018, hope the VRU can afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah - that's the point isn't it? Neither the ARU nor the VRU have been forthcoming about the financial aspects yet, and while there might be some accommodations made for 2018, I think there will be bigger cap problems in later years when the ARU lose their initial enthusiasm.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah - that's the point isn't it? Neither the ARU nor the VRU have been forthcoming about the financial aspects yet, and while there might be some accommodations made for 2018, I think there will be bigger cap problems in later years when the ARU lose their initial enthusiasm.

But the Tah's have Beale, Folau, Hooper and Foley who would have to be the some of the very highest paid players in Australia. They also have Kepu, Simmons, Dempsey, Robertson, Hanigan and Phipps who were all in the 23 for the last game against NZ. Or are rules different for the Waratahs?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
But the Tah's have Beale, Folau, Hooper and Foley who would have to be the some of the very highest paid players in Australia. They also have Kepu, Simmons, Dempsey, Robertson, Hanigan and Phipps who were all in the 23 for the last game against NZ. Or are rules different for the Waratahs?
Do you have to ask if the rules are different? Never forget, us 'non-traditional' rugby unions serve at the pleasure of NSW and QLD elitists. The moment our existence threatens their feathered nests we'll be the first to cop it in the neck.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Do you have to ask if the rules are different? Never forget, us 'non-traditional' rugby unions serve at the pleasure of NSW and QLD elitists. The moment our existence threatens their feathered nests we'll be the first to cop it in the neck.

the "force" is strong with this one

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
the "force" is strong with this one
I'm planning to run in the 2018 Victorian election on a single platform of secession from the Commonwealth of Australia due to the historic GST allocation underselling our contribution via consulting and professional services.

#niche

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Has Uelese signed? I haven't seen it confirmed but may have missed it.

Can't say I have, but I'd find it VERY hard to believe if he left Victoria. First home-grown Wallaby since Lloyd and all... With TPN signing for the Tigers, I think an upgraded deal with the Rebels/ARU(?) will be finalised.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Can't say I have, but I'd find it VERY hard to believe if he left Victoria. First home-grown Wallaby since Lloyd and all. With TPN signing for the Tigers, I think an upgraded deal with the Rebels/ARU(?) will be finalised.

Yeah from the outside it would look like he's in the driving seat to claim the starting spot from Chibba and stake a claim as the top rake going into 2019. Then again, they're all professionals and if another club was offering big bikkies, then it shouldn't surprise us if he took that option.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So my starting line up.

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a (Still hopeing McMahon takes a one year deal before moving to Japan)
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. McGregor (Think Genia can bring him up to speed and cover that lack of experience)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Daley
18. Weeks
19. Phillips
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Stirzaker
22. Maddocks
23. Shipperly

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So my starting line up.

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a (Still hopeing McMahon takes a one year deal before moving to Japan)
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. McGregor (Think Genia can bring him up to speed and cover that lack of experience)
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Daley
18. Weeks
19. Phillips
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Stirzaker
22. Maddocks
23. Shipperly
That is one impressive list - if everyone is fit, healthy and not injured.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
So my starting line up.

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. Timani
8. Mafi
9. Genia
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Daley
18. Weeks
19. Phillips
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Stirzaker
22. Maddocks
23. Shipperly

McGregor as 1st string flyhalf is one I don't agree with. We saw what happened to a promising NRC player when he was thrown in the deep end before he was ready. Debreczeni had plenty of chances, but probably not quite enough support and mentoring.

T

TOCC

Tahs also have a major sponsor.. I’m not so concerned about the salary cap, which allegedly has shifted, rather the ability to pay the wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.