• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Ah yes, missed that one. Farkin hell, quite the signing frenzy.

So, if this all pans out, that takes up to to 4 locks: Coleman, Philip, Cummins, Big Red, the u20's kid.

Nice.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Yep, and Geoff Parling too.

Saw the Tayler Adams bit. Thinking now that Jono Lance is less likely to sign, and we will see Reece in 10 next year.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Ah yes, missed that one. Farkin hell, quite the signing frenzy.

So, if this all pans out, that takes up to to 4 locks: Coleman, Philip, Cummins, Big Red, the u20's kid.

Nice.

Plus Parling (as mentioned) and, Toolis - six, maybe eight if Ha'angana and Meafau get development spots. I think Parling is on a one year deal so, replace him with Luke Jones next year :D

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Coleman, Phillips, Jeffries, Parling, Cummins & Toolis.........plus the giant developing teenagers Ha'angana and Maufou. Seems like alot!, I imagine after the season, Parling along with at least 1 of Jeffries, Cummins & Toolis will be let go but not replaced.

So at this stage it seems

Hookers - Uelese Hanson Siliva
LHP - Faulkner, Saaga, Daley
THP - Ainsley, Talakai, Weeks
Locks - Coleman, Phillips, Cummins, Jeffries, Toolis, Parling
no.6/8 - RHP, Leota, Timani, Mafi
no.7 - Fainga'a, Hardwick?
Halfback - Genia, Stirzaker, Goddard
Flyhalf - Lance, Adams, Mcgregor
Centre - Hodge, Horwitz, Tuipolotu
Wings - Naivalu, Koroibete, English, Hutchison
Fullback - DHP, Maddocks

16/17 Developing squad - Ha'angana (Lock), Tupou (OB), Goddard (HB), Saaga (HK)
17/18 Developing squad - Ha'angana and Maufou (Locks), Tupou (OB), ????

Out of contract but no status update - Pama Fou, Dom Shipperly & Jordy Reid

NEEDED - Centres. - Meakes /Rona ?

My A team
1. Faulkner 2. Uelese 3. Ainsley
4. Phillips 5. Coleman
6. Timani 8. Mafi 7. Hardwick
9. Genia 10. Lance 11. Koroibete 12. Hodge 13. Naivalu 14. DHP 15. Maddocks
16. Hanson 17. Daley 18. Talakai 19. Parling 20. RHP 21. Fainga'a 22. Stirzaker 23. Tuipolotu

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Looks like a good squad being built. It looks like the Rebels might have the best balanced pack I can recall them having.

D

daz

That is a pretty special team being pulled together.

It's always easy to get carried away with expectations, especially when the team are still bolting the wooden spoon to the boardroom wall, but with all the shit going on in 2017 there will be huge pressure for the Rebels to deliver in 2018.

Still, I defy any rusted-on Rebels supporters to not get a bit excited when looking at this list!

I'm looking forward to seeing how it is all coming together at pre-season games next year, that's for sure!

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That is a pretty special team being pulled together.

It's always easy to get carried away with expectations, especially when the team are still bolting the wooden spoon to the boardroom wall, but with all the shit going on in 2017 there will be huge pressure for the Rebels to deliver in 2018.

Still, I defy any rusted-on Rebels supporters to not get a bit excited when looking at this list!

I'm looking forward to seeing how it is all coming together at pre-season games next year, that's for sure!
How well we do in our re-birth year in 2018 will depend on how well Wessels and his team bring the two main groups together and get them working as a team. Excited? Hells yeah! But keeping expectations in check - 2018 may not be THE year, but hopefully one that brings more smiles than tears.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
We probably still need at least one more backrower (OSF) and another centre.

This year we used 10 in the backrow including Schatz, Sinclair and Miller. Toolis can play six so that gives us effectively seven. I'd be happy enough if we re-signed Reid and Shippers to cover those two spots.

Whichever way you slice it though, there are going to be some pretty good players running around in the Dewar Shield next year.

D

daz

We probably still need *SNIP* another centre.
No matter how hard we try, there will never be another Mitch. Ever. It's so upsetting. On a related matter, with the departure of Mitch and after a global search, I can confirm that Sam Jeffries has signed a 2 year deal to be stalked by me in 2018/19. :)

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No matter how hard we try, there will never be another Mitch. Ever. It's so upsetting. On a related matter, with the departure of Mitch and after a global search, I can confirm that Sam Jeffries has signed a 2 year deal to be stalked by me in 2018/19. :)
I didn’t see that coming, Daz. A forward AND a redhead! You’ve changed!

D

daz

I didn’t see that coming, Daz. A forward AND a redhead! You’ve changed!

In the spirit of player development and pathways, it was important to promote an old school Rebels player, not a newly minted blow-in! Mitch has formally approved of the replacement, and Sam is excited to see what the next 2 years of being stalked is like - There are some benefits, after all!

D

daz

Geez, as a former redhead and forward, I'm glad I've missed the cut. Nothing worse than a drunk dial from Daz at 4am.

Two things that require clarification: 1. FORMER is the relevant word - I only deal with CURRENT players, regardless of hair condition or colour. 2. I am pretty sure my 4am drunk dials are not to initiate booty calls.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

I've never met Sam but he looks like the life of the party. Good choice. Hopefully he steps up an accepts the mantle of Folk Hero. Laurie has the People's Champ gig all sealed up.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Out of contract but no status update - Pama Fou, Dom Shipperly & Jordy Reid

Jordy is going back to Manly, his back is healed but was not offered a contact in the end. Few clubs were interested but scared off by the injury. It's a shame as he was having his best season and is a good clubman. No idea about Fou Shipperly is training with the squad so I am going to assume his around next year, hopefully he can have a injury free year and find some of that form from a few years back. Would be a good reserve to be coming onto the wing with 20 min to go.

D

daz

There have been a few Rebels depart over the years, who I have regretted things didn't turn out differently; Jordy is going to top the list by daylight.

Such effort and imposing physicality, yet so very little to show for it. Barely rated a regular starting position.

Good luck mate, you were a crowd favourite, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.