• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The salary cap question is interesting, if you read some of the stuff from RUPA in the cutting process.

The amount of the tv deal distrupted to clubs will remain the same, just goes between 4 teams instead of 5.

I also love how no one has pointed the finger at Fox sports as they could have saved the Force from the get go.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Doesnt matter Brumbies will still beat you lot.. It's called culture

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

well we can continue this banter back and forward for the next three months until we actually meet in a contest then the score board will do the talking so lets just leave "I'm better than you" game till then matey

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
well we can continue this banter back and forward for the next three months until we actually meet in a contest then the score board will do the talking so lets just leave "I'm better than you" game till then matey
Oh it was tongue in cheek. And I'm bored..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

The salary cap question is interesting, if you read some of the stuff from RUPA in the cutting process.

The amount of the tv deal distrupted to clubs will remain the same, just goes between 4 teams instead of 5.

I also love how no one has pointed the finger at Fox sports as they could have saved the Force from the get go.

Grants aren’t increasing to the Super Rugby teams, a team is been cut because revenue forecasts have fallen short for the ARU.

FoxSports told ARU their preference was to retain 5 teams.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hodge looked serviceable as a 10. I don't think he'd be a satisfactory 1st choice for us in 2018 but he showed a fairly safe pair of hands. KB (Kurtley Beale) helped but it was a good game nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I think:

10. Lance
12. Hodge

22. Horwitz

With Horwitz replacing Lance in the 55-65th minute window and Hodge moving into 10 in the majority of games, and Hodge only playing outside 10 & 12 in the event that both DHP & Maddocks are injured.

I think that best promotes our needs and Wallaby desires.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

IIRC FoxSports have been consistent in publicly supporting the 5 teams model as it benefited them. They were also wanting more rugby products. I have no idea why they said yes unless it was just easier than dealing with incompetent ARU and SANZAAR and having to re-negotiating a TV deal one year in to an existing deal.

I would hazard a guess it was the view of most of the broadcasters. To cluster it so badly that you are screwed in the first year of your TV deal shows you are pretty clueless!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If you want to talk about the Force axing use the Force thread. If you want to talk about the ARU's efforts in that debacle use the ARU thread. Do not foul up club threads with this stuff. Any talk of the Shrinking of Australian rugby in this thread will be deleted from now on.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
If you want to talk about the Force axing use the Force thread. If you want to talk about the ARU's efforts in that debacle use the ARU thread. Do not foul up club threads with this stuff. Any talk of the Shrinking of Australian rugby in this thread will be deleted from now on.
Thank you

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thanks Sully!

Rebel man

John Thornett (49)
I wouldn't look to add to many more players Hodge could play 10, the back 3 pick themselves then we could run Tuipulotu and Horwitz in the centres

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I wouldn't look to add to many more players Hodge could play 10, the back 3 pick themselves then we could run Tuipulotu and Horwitz in the centres
I doubt Tuipulotu has done enough to send English to the bench.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
The more depth the better atm I reckon. I think in the last 3 years we've seen players blooded too early because of the lack of super rugby ready players to the detriment of these youngsters. Plenty of this happened at the reds and the rebels have a talented bunch coming through. The more time they mature into their bodies and learn the game the better.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I think:

10. Lance
12. Hodge

22. Horwitz

With Horwitz replacing Lance in the 55-65th minute window and Hodge moving into 10 in the majority of games, and Hodge only playing outside 10 & 12 in the event that both DHP & Maddocks are injured.

I think that best promotes our needs and Wallaby desires.

Horwitz is no loss to the Tahs.
I'm wondering how he will go without the Randwick push?

Status
Not open for further replies.