• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Was which the Rebels had an inferior case..choosing to ignore the past financial performance is negligent, pure as simple.
Whatever helps you deal with this difficult situation mate, you run with it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was which the Rebels had an inferior case..choosing to ignore the past financial performance is negligent, pure as simple.

They needed to get rid of a team for financial reasons, not a specific team.

Read the comment chain, don't just try to point score. The reason for the Force choice has been discussed extensively (who owned the license, and what the broadcasters wanted).

Either way, it goes to gross mismanagement of the broadcast deal monies by the ARU IMO

Well, I agree it's definitely fairer to classify this whole situation as mismanagement rather than criminal, as many Force fans are trying to.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Great to see so many current and former Rebels over in Osaka.

McMahon v Mafi, Shota playing solidly, Koroibete and Reece putting in a great shift.

Lopeti must be champing at the bit waiting to get stuck in.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Dont rely on the comments on here. Read the facts and dont be ignorant to the reasons why we have got to this point. Rebels have been protected by the ARU and the negotiations around the cutting of a team have not been dealt with in good faith.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dont rely on the comments on here. Read the facts and dont be ignorant to the reasons why we have got to this point. Rebels have been protected by the ARU and the negotiations around the cutting of a team have not been dealt with in good faith.

I think that's the point isn't it, if I read the comments here that's exactly what I think. Facts not required.

Fact is if the ARU (RA?) favoured Melbourne, then Perth wouldn't have been given a team over Melbourne originally. Also the players and staff, closest to the situation, wouldn't be taking contracts up with Melbourne if the behaviour was underhanded.

Or are you saying they're all unscrupulous? Nobody is closer to this situation then the people employed in rugby.

Reactions: Tex

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
ARU when the Force were introduced was probably a differengt animal to the one which continued to throw money at the Rebels. But that's not the issue to me. I accept that the Force have been cut and the Rebels retained. My concern now is that the distribution of the ex-Force players doesn't align with the ARU's stated objective of improving the competitiveness of all of the remaining teams.

M

Moono75

I think that's the point isn't it, if I read the comments here that's exactly what I think. Facts not required.

Fact is if the ARU (RA?) favoured Melbourne, then Perth wouldn't have been given a team over Melbourne originally. Also the players and staff, closest to the situation, wouldn't be taking contracts up with Melbourne if the behaviour was underhanded.

Or are you saying they're all unscrupulous? Nobody is closer to this situation then the people employed in rugby.
Force got in originally due to the overwhelming community support for our bid. Perth was an ideal venue for broadcast timeslots and for travelling Super teams from SA and NZ when touring. The broadcasters were happy with retaining 5 Aus teams, it was SANZAAR that wanted to reduce after recognising they f@rkes up by expanding to S18. Wessells wanted to keep his family in Australia....Melbourne was the only coaching gig open. Please learn the facts.

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
My concern now is that the distribution of the ex-Force players doesn't align with the ARU's stated objective of improving the competitiveness of all of the remaining teams.

Agree. As much as I would prefer the core of the Force squad to stay together, the current distribution reeks

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
ARU when the Force were introduced was probably a differengt animal to the one which continued to throw money at the Rebels. But that's not the issue to me. I accept that the Force have been cut and the Rebels retained. My concern now is that the distribution of the ex-Force players doesn't align with the ARU's stated objective of improving the competitiveness of all of the remaining teams.

But the ARU doesn’t control player distribution - which has been exactly what we have been told when Rebels and Force fans complained about the massive disparity in top ups between teams.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
You got all our players, you get all the baggage as well. Live with it

Well, that says something about your personal attitude.
Force got in originally due to the overwhelming community support for our bid. Perth was an ideal venue for broadcast timeslots and for travelling Super teams from SA and NZ when touring. The broadcasters were happy with retaining 5 Aus teams, it was SANZAAR that wanted to reduce after recognising they f@rkes up by expanding to S18. Wessells wanted to keep his family in Australia..Melbourne was the only coaching gig open. Please learn the facts.

You are correct, Perth won the original bid because of those things, they then lost their team because their games rated badly on the telly (which actually isn't there fault), and the fact their administration sadly sold their license in an ill-advised move where they lost all control. They probably should've gone the private equity route like the Rebels.

Do you also acknowledge the facts like the Rebels staying around was contingent on the Saanzar and broadcasters agreeing? And of course the unknown third party paying the Rebels' debts. How do you suppose ARU and Rebels corruption managed all these moving pieces that were unknown to them when they decided on the cut?

I'm glad you intimately know Wessel's decision making process, what say you for all the others?

Also, please say hi to him for me. I'm very excited to have him in Melbourne.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
You're wrong because that doesn't suit the narrative.

I seriously don’t know how the Rebels would have any more problems with their salary cap than the Tahs who have probably 4 of the first 7 that Cheika would pick (Hooper, Foley, Folau, Beale with the others being Pocock, Genia and Coleman)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
ARU made big play of committing to honour the existing contracts of the Force players and as the boss with the pay cheques, they would be able within reason to direct players where there is a need. They have been noticeably quiet on the financial aspects relating to the relocated players lately. Hoping that nobody notices that another huge financial handout is presently going the Rebels' way, to the detriment of rugby across all other franchises.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
ARU made big play of committing to honour the existing contracts of the Force players and as the boss with the pay cheques, they would be able within reason to direct players where there is a need. They have been noticeably quiet on the financial aspects relating to the relocated players lately. Hoping that nobody notices that another huge financial handout is presently going the Rebels' way, to the detriment of rugby across all other franchises.

I think the Brumbies may have been getting more player payments over the past 7 years than either the Force or Rebels. Heck, Pocock has probably had more in total top ups himself at the Brumbies than the whole of the Rebels or Force teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.