• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
New away jersey.
19756.jpg

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Oh dear. Couldn't they have included a couple more design elements to clutter it up a bit more?

I also thought the Convicts team was Sydney based? Those bars look more appropriate for their jersey.

Some people are excited because it's a throwback to the old ARC Melbourne Rebels Jersey. See:

Some of the busier designs that I just found:

rebelnologo.png

Found a thread on it here. Some old comp for the original rebels jersey design. Glad some of these didn't make the final cut.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/melbourne-rebels-jersey-comp.687298/

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
ditto. great work at the rebels and will be a BIG hole to fill.

to answer your question
" you can take the boy out of queensland, but you can't ...."

FYI, the boys not from Qld. Grew up playing for Dundas Valley juniors, Eastwood colts/grade, then onto the Brumbies (Tahs had Whittacker and Sam Payne ahead of him.) Was also struggling for gametime at the ponies with Gregan and Travis Hall. Qld was actually his last choice, however he had a great run at Qld and eventually made the Wallabies from there. But to say he's a Qlder? well they have a pretty loose definition up there, so I suppose we could say "Where's Dundas Valley? That's in Qld!"

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
FYI, the boys not from Qld. Grew up playing for Dundas Valley juniors, Eastwood colts/grade, then onto the Brumbies (Tahs had Whittacker and Sam Payne ahead of him.) Was also struggling for gametime at the ponies with Gregan and Travis Hall. Qld was actually his last choice, however he had a great run at Qld and eventually made the Wallabies from there. But to say he's a Qlder? well they have a pretty loose definition up there, so I suppose we could say "Where's Dundas Valley? That's in Qld!"
thanks i just assumed he was a banana bender

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
good news for the VRU competition, hope the SS clubs (looking at you Sydney Uni) allow, unlike this year.

from tony mcgahan on rebels website

"The (proposed) National Rugby Championship, and a greater involvement for non-selected Rebels at Dewar Shield level, "

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
If anyone is interested in purchasing a BLK rebels sweat hoodie (grey) please let me know. I recently got one in the KooGa/BLK sale, however the size I got (XXL) is too bug (less pies for me) and they couldn't do a swap. Tags are still intact and I only wore it once to try on the size. Basically, you're getting a bargin!

Feel free to nominate a reasonable price, i will sell it for well under retail and standard eBay price. My plan is to buy another cheap one of eBay. Inbox me if you're interested, otherwise It will go on eBay.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, I was finished with the christmas prep so I thought I'd make a 2014 Rebels 23:

1 Toby Smith
2 Shota Horie
3 Laurie Weeks
4 Cadeyrn Neville
5 Hugh Pyle
6 Luke Jones
7 Colby Fainga'a
8 Scott Higgenbotham (c)
9 Nic Stirzaker
10 Bryce Hegarty
11 Tom Kingston
12 Tamati Ellison
13 Mitch Inman
14 Tom English
15 Jason Woodward

16 Patrick Leafa
17 Max Lahiff
18 Paul Alo-Emile
19 Lopeti Timani
20 Scott Fuglistaller
21 Luke Burgess
22 Angus Roberts
23 Lachlan Mitchell

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well, I was finished with the christmas prep so I thought I'd make a 2014 Rebels 23:

1 Toby Smith
2 Shota Horie
3 Laurie Weeks
4 Cadeyrn Neville
5 Hugh Pyle
6 Luke Jones
7 Colby Fainga'a
8 Scott Higgenbotham (c)
9 Nic Stirzaker
10 Bryce Hegarty
11 Tom Kingston
12 Tamati Ellison
13 Mitch Inman
14 Tom English
15 Jason Woodward

16 Patrick Leafa
17 Max Lahiff
18 Paul Alo-Emile
19 Lopeti Timani
20 Scott Fuglistaller
21 Luke Burgess
22 Angus Roberts
23 Lachlan Mitchell

i think this is pretty close to the best 23 available, on the assumption the two remaining picks don't throw up any real surprises.
you could argue about the halves, the starting "7" and i think the kiwi flyer might also get a gig, but it's just quibbling
role on 2014
merry christmas to all the rebels supporters (and all the other "gaggers" :))

Status
Not open for further replies.