• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Can't do Canberra this year, but will be going to Sydney. Just waiting on cheap flights.

Sadly I think I'm out for Force home match on Good Friday, planning a family trip. The minister for war/finance/special events has invoked veto rights. Will be finding a TV to watch it on somewhere in this world.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sadly I think I'm out for Force home match on Good Friday, planning a family trip. The minister for war/finance/special events has invoked veto rights. Will be finding a TV to watch it on somewhere in this world.

I think that game could be good, but I might be missing it to. Not 100% sure yet but I might away.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I think that game could be good, but I might be missing it to. Not 100% sure yet but I might away.

I feel bad because I've only ever missed one home game, the first one against the 'tahs. That day I was about 3 parts dead from manflu. Have made it to every home match since but wanting to expand that and attend a few away matches too. Might make he trip to Geelong this year to the the preseason match.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I feel bad because I've only ever missed one home game, the first one against the 'tahs. That day I was about 3 parts dead from manflu. Have made it to every home match since but wanting to expand that and attend a few away matches too. Might make he trip to Geelong this year to the the preseason match.

I have missed one game, Brumbies 2012 with a pretty good reason. Was no chance that I could make it.

Did ACT and Sydney last season, Queensland the year before. Away games are good fun.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I have missed one game, Brumbies 2012 with a pretty good reason. Was no chance that I could make it.

Did ACT and Sydney last season, Queensland the year before. Away games are good fun.

Would be good if we get a bit of a crew going, Gaggers or otherwise. I've managed to con my usual Rugby drinking buds into a Sydney Trip and I guess if I offer to drive to Canberra they'll come. Last time I went drinking there was on a state tour, I remember the Bin nightclub but not really that much else.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Would be good if we get a bit of a crew going, Gaggers or otherwise. I've managed to con my usual Rugby drinking buds into a Sydney Trip and I guess if I offer to drive to Canberra they'll come. Last time I went drinking there was on a state tour, I remember the Bin nightclub but not really that much else.

The Rebel Army have done Canberra, Brisbane, and Sydney in recent years. Always good fun travelling as the home crowd never seem to expect it.

T

TOCC

Sam Cordingley will be joining the QRU in coming weeks:

Former Queensland Reds and Wallabies scrumhalf Sam Cordingley will join the Queensland Rugby Union in 2014 as St. George Queensland Reds Rugby Operations Manager.
Cordingley has been with the Melbourne Rebels for the past three seasons, originally as a foundation player in 2011, before taking on roles as Player Recruitment Manager in 2012 and most recently General Manager of Rugby.
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/NewsArticles/tabid/581/ArticleID/10658/Default.aspx

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Firstly, thanks Sam for your good work at the rebels. You got some good pen to paper with promising talent. All the best for the future.

Would love to know how/why this happened? Better opportunity? Cash? Something else? Rebel insiders feel free to elaborate.

ditto. great work at the rebels and will be a BIG hole to fill.

to answer your question
" you can take the boy out of queensland, but you can't .........."

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
also noticed in the rebels release re cordingley leaving, that two more important signings to be announced shortly, and on the facebook page a couple of days ago they mentioned another "international" is on the way.

anyone have any guessses ?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
also noticed in the rebels release re cordingley leaving, that two more important signings to be announced shortly, and on the facebook page a couple of days ago they mentioned another "international" is on the way.

anyone have any guessses ?

Got to be another Hooker to cover Tom. Andrew Hore anyone?

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Very sad for the Rebels re Sammy but good luck to him.One of the best blokes and smartest Rugby brains you'd ever meet.
He has a fantastic future ahead of him in Rugby admin.Big gap to fill at the Rebs

Status
Not open for further replies.