• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
These day we need flexible hookers who can hook in the new scrums….

Left field options……Brendon McKibbon was once a QLD u20 flanker…….Boyd Killingsworth also has a good build

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lowest wages out of the Australian Super Rugby teams, Brumbies had the lowest wages a few years ago and now might lose a few key players they can no longer afford to keep. Not sure it's worth bragging about.

http://www.afr.com/p/lifestyle/sport/restructured_rebels_to_rein_in_player_274zTIsjHZhos1tnaLToBK
i think this is a good article. it seems that some of rumoured extravagance and "snouts in the trough" under Harold was/is true. but not being an insider i don't know.
however, from the outside, since Clarke took over everything about the rebels seems much more professional, efficient and successful.
blues recovery am i wrong ?

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Always interesting to see the way things are spun. The previous CEO cut over 2 million off the player salary bill between 2011 and 2013. Also reduced the operating loss by 4million over the period.
Also commenced negotiations with Tony Mcgahan in fact I understand he wanted to replace Hill with Msgahan mid season after the SA fiasco .
Also pushed for the appointment of Cordingley despite opposition from elements of the then Board.
Anyway Robs doing a fine job but is also a master of PR spin. Must of gone to the same school as Pulver. Oh hang on, he did!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Always interesting to see the way things are spun. The previous CEO cut over 2 million off the player salary bill between 2011 and 2013. Also reduced the operating loss by 4million over the period.
Also commenced negotiations with Tony Mcgahan in fact I understand he wanted to replace Hill with Msgahan mid season after the SA fiasco .
Also pushed for the appointment of Cordingley despite opposition from elements of the then Board.
Anyway Robs doing a fine job but is also a master of PR spin. Must of gone to the same school as Pulver. Oh hang on, he did!

thanks for the balancing insight.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Looks like Woodward is keen to stay in Melbourne and become a Wallaby. Please please please sign him up ASAP.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8764744

Was reading this last night, find it hard to see him becoming a Wallaby unless Folau does another code swap after the 2015 World Cup. Would be a good back up in the squad if Beale does not come good, (Have heard story's that Beale has been drinking again in Bondi)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Was reading this last night, find it hard to see him becoming a Wallaby unless Folau does another code swap after the 2015 World Cup. Would be a good back up in the squad if Beale does not come good, (Have heard story's that Beale has been drinking again in Bondi)

Would agree with you - the way Folau is playing it will be hard pressed to squeeze him out of the 15. Think Beale is going to have a massive problem trying to land the 15 jumper at the 'tahs, let alone the Wallabies.

What I think Woodward can offer is excellent cover accross 11, 14 and 15 so he may be a super sub option. He's great under the high ball, good wheels and has a good kicking game.

Not sure if Folau is the problem when coming to code-switching; think Beale will go before anyone else. He already stated this year his desire to have a go at league.

Heard the same thing about Beale offer in the 'tahs thread. Think he needs to decide if he wants to abstain completely or learn to better manage it. Personally I think the article was just a crap attempt and sensationalist 'journalism' and the storm in the tea cup will pass.

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)
Woodward would be the perfect winger to pair with Folau. He has the pace to play wing and is very strong under the high ball. His kicking is also a strength which is the one weakness that Folau exhibits so would complement him well. He could play wing and very easily rotate wing to FB as the needs arise. He would be a huge advantage to the wallabies in my opinion.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think just keep Woodward in Australia will be good for the game. He is a good player & having these players remain here is important to keep/get the standard of teams such as the Rebels up. At least he has a hope of making the the Wallabies even if it is because of injuries. Hasn't got a look in for the AB's.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Woodward would be the perfect winger to pair with Folau. He has the pace to play wing and is very strong under the high ball. His kicking is also a strength which is the one weakness that Folau exhibits so would complement him well. He could play wing and very easily rotate wing to FB as the needs arise. He would be a huge advantage to the wallabies in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing, it's always nice to have a winger with a big boot in the style of Mitchell or Gerard, particularly if the FB doesn't. I imagine Mogg will probably fill a similar role and is up the pecking order but I rate Woodward's chances if he sticks around.

Status
Not open for further replies.