• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Good signing. He'll be stuck behind Betham, Folau and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at the Tahs. Rebels he could well force English or Vuna out.

Woodward
Kingston
Inman
JOC (James O'Connor)
Situati
Foley
Burgess/Stirzkaer

Nothing wrong with that at all. Fuck I hope we get Foley.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good signing. He'll be stuck behind Betham, Folau and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at the Tahs. Rebels he could well force English or Vuna out.

Crawford too, and to fit Volavola they'd probably change stuff around too. Tahs is no-game city for him right now.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
So he replaces Rokobaro, Beale or Kingi in the squad?

Good signing, I'd like to see him play 13.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
Decent signing. Probably forces English to the Bench in next years backline.

15. Woodward
14. Kingston
13. Inman
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Vuna
10. Foley?
9. Burgess

21. Stirzaker
22. English
23. Sitauti

even with O'Connor out for 2/3 of the year through club imposed suspension and injury it's a good line up!

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Squad now looks like this for next year.

Weekes, Alo Emille,Smith,Lahiff,Aloheli
Sexton,Leafa,TBA
Pyle,Neville,Thomson,TBA
Higgers,Timani,Jones,Faainga,Fulgistaller,Reid
Burgess,Stirzaker
Foley,Roberts
Inman,Mitchell,English,TBA
Vuna,Rockabaro,Kingston
Woodward

So this leaves only 3spots in the main squad to go with current players not re signed or confirmed as leaving
Horie, Saffy,JOC (James O'Connor),Hegarty,Sidey,Sitauti

Reckon Horie could well be the hooker.
Saffy may re sign as a back rower and Jonesy be considered as a lock
Hegarty and Sitauti may come in,with Rockabaro being released.
Both Hegarty(EPS) and Sitauti were only on one year contracts this year.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Foley to be confirmed today apparently.
Are you guys going to change your name to the NSW Rebels ;)
Imagine if you were poaching this many players from the Reds. There would be a civil war.

If the signing is true it'll be a shame to see him go. Good pick up for the Rebels.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Are you guys going to change your name to the NSW Rebels ;)
Imagine if you were poaching this many players from the Reds. They'd be a civil war.

If the signing is true it'll be a shame to see him go. Good pick up for the Rebels.

More like the Sydney Uni Rebels ;)

But good on them, Foley & Kingston are good pick ups

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Squad now looks like this for next year.

Weekes, Alo Emille,Smith,Lahiff,Aloheli
Sexton,Leafa,TBA
Pyle,Neville,Thomson,TBA
Higgers,Timani,Jones,Faainga,Fulgistaller,Reid
Burgess,Stirzaker
Foley,Roberts
Inman,Mitchell,English,TBA
Vuna,Rockabaro,Kingston
Woodward

So this leaves only 3spots in the main squad to go with current players not re signed or confirmed as leaving
Horie, Saffy,JOC (James O'Connor),Hegarty,Sidey,Sitauti

Reckon Horie could well be the hooker.
Saffy may re sign as a back rower and Jonesy be considered as a lock
Hegarty and Sitauti may come in,with Rockabaro being released.
Both Hegarty(EPS) and Sitauti were only on one year contracts this year.

would think that they would want to keep all these blokes if they can, especially sitauti and hegarty, saffy is playing well again, sidey is better than most give him credit for, his last 2 ames have been excellent imo, as for JOC (James O'Connor) i have mixed feelings. i would sooner have him stay than go, but if he left then not so bad

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Nice to see the Rebels pick up a few more no-frills-hard-working Super players. Blokes like these two who've mucked in and done the simple stuff well have led to the recent wins. I was mightily impressed with the work by the Rebels' pigs last week and the absolute determination not to let the Tahs get through their backs. All done by players who (mostly) aren't in the frame for green and gold, as I don't think Foley and Kingston are. Every Super squad needs worker bees like these two. It'd be good to see something of this attitude from JOC (James O'Connor) next year, but maybe I'm dreamin'.

Rebels, onwards and upward in 2013.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sitauti is on full contract not EPS, good to see that we selected EPS players who have now been given full time contracts going forward. Was Rory Sidey not signed on a 2 year deal?

Like the look of this squad, with experience and a few more wins to boost the confidence who knows what they are capable of.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tom Kingston had an outstanding second-half cameo performance for Sydney Uni against Gordon. He came on at 15 but basically played as an extra 13.

The Waratahs must be seriously strong if they have no use for him. But then again they've only played him on the wing and 13 is definitely his go. It's interesting to note the continuing suggestion that he is undersized for a centre. He's still very young with a big frame and plenty of time to fill out.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Tom Kingston had an outstanding second-half cameo performance for Sydney Uni against Gordon. He came on at 15 but basically played as an extra 13.

The Waratahs must be seriously strong if they have no use for him. But then again they've only played him on the wing and 13 is definitely his go. It's interesting to note the continuing suggestion that he is undersized for a centre. He's still very young with a big frame and plenty of time to fill out.

People probably said the same thing about Conrad Smith.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Either, both, all? Wouldn't mind seeing Inman play 12 with Kingston at 13 actually. Would have a nice balance to it.

It could work but I have doubts about Inmans passing game. Sitauti or English at 12 might also work.

Of course I'd love to see O'Connor run out there but it looks like it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.