• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think we were in trouble before TT got there. Does Williams have runs on the board anywhere else?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think we were in trouble before TT got there. Does Williams have runs on the board anywhere else?
Went straight from playing to a assistant role with Munster, and from there to a assistant role with the Wallabies. Played for the Tahs and Brumbies in Super Rugby. Munster and a English team as well as Wallabies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wallabies have been crap since the World Cup, that's pretty much when Williams left. So your blaming the guy who is no longer involved for there downward spiral.

Rugby CV is not to bad when you can say he has:

Player
World Cup
Try Nations
Bledisloe Cup

Assistant Coach
Heineken Cup as assistant coach and forwards coach
Try Nations as assistant coach

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No in 2012 the forwards were better but the backs were shit.

2012 was a decent year for the Wallabies. 2nd in TRC and 3-1 Spring Tour. Kept the Mandela Plate and stopped AB winning record.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
No in 2012 the forwards were better but the backs were shit.
2012 the whole Wallabies team where shit. You can't defend backs or forwards.

Really going to defend them, beat the All Blacks in a dead rubber, scored a average 1 try per game. Lost to Scotland, smashed by France and should have lost to Wales on 3 occasions in Australia.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Defending the forwards in 2012 is crazy, they gave the backs slow ball in pretty much every test match. The match where they needed to stand up and be counted in the pissing rain you lost to Scotland. The only forward who really stood tall in 2012 was Hooper when having to replace Pocock. How a few months with out test rugby and everyone forgets the problems.

Ooh and don't worry I could right a novel about Ireland's problems at the moment.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Thinking about coaches who won't take any crap from players and who are as hard as nails.

Taking Link out of contention as he will take the Wallabies job, I'd love to see big Jim Williams get a chance as a first coach. He has had a few successful assistant roles and would not be the kind of coach to let the players take control.

Even working in a pub where the munster team where drinking while he was coaching and they had just had a big win and he made sure the players knew they where always representing the club and kept one of the most ignorant players I have ever come accross in line.

Interesting. Who was that player, by the way?

kronic

John Solomon (38)
"We've had some discussions with Damien," Boland said.

"The coaching window and player recruitment window can't wait until the end of the season for those sorts of decisions so we need to make a decision on our coach well before the end of the year."

Gone.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
"We've had some discussions with Damien," Boland said.

"The coaching window and player recruitment window can't wait until the end of the season for those sorts of decisions so we need to make a decision on our coach well before the end of the year."

Gone.
I feel sorry for the bloke.
I think they built this club in almost exactly the opposite way the brumbies were built - which is odd given McQueen's role in both.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Unfortunately, that's the nature of the game.

I'd expect Grey to take over, in the interim.

Is it that bad? Could somebody link to an article?

I feel sorry for the bloke.
I think they built this club in almost exactly the opposite way the brumbies were built - which is odd given McQueen's role in both.

They boldly invested in the country's hypothetical best grass routes coach and it didn't pan out.

Hopefully this does not signal the end of investing in grass routes coaches who were not professional players themselves.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Amazing how wing has been one of our weak points and Melbourne Rugby Club's Neil Walsh actually got some time in the Rabo Direct League for Ulster this season after getting drafted into there reserves earlier in the season.

Tom Sexton also playing in the winning League of Ireland Div 1 Championship for Lansdowne on the weekend, which is Walsh's old club before he left Ireland to travel.

Walsh is born in Ireland but would not be considered a International player as he already has Australian PR.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Forget backs, the Rebels desperately need a front row.

Ryan and Kepu already contracted for the Tahs, hard to see Robinson playing for anyone else in Australia. They should go after Tilse and Fitzpatrick if the Tahs let them go.

Status
Not open for further replies.