• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Was more commenting on it's just what's thrown around these places. Not trying to knock the bloke at all. More commenting on the difference in the Reds and Wallaby environments that has him perceived differently and by extension, the Rebels environment when O'Conner and Beale generally seem the same.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Was more commenting on it's just what's thrown around these places. Not trying to knock the bloke at all. More commenting on the difference in the Reds and Wallaby environments that has him perceived differently and by extension, the Rebels environment when O'Conner and Beale generally seem the same.

I'm very interested in the dynamics of this as well but without an 'in the tent' connection it'd just be pure conjecture and armchair psychology by everyone.

I do think that press outside of QLD have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to smearing QC (Quade Cooper), and if they're reporting on him it's almost always in a Wallabies context. Could be a factor in the dichotomy between the perceptions.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
shit.png

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Backline against Force
9: Phipps (Didn't think Stirzaker was good on Saturday night either, caught with the ball to much)
10: JOC (James O'Connor)
11: Vuna
12: Mitchell
13: Inman
14: Sitauti
15: Woodward

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Backline against Force
9: Phipps (Didn't think Stirzaker was good on Saturday night either, caught with the ball to much)
10: JOC (James O'Connor)
11: Vuna
12: Mitchell
13: Inman
14: Sitauti
15: Woodward
except mitchell on crutches and sitauti only just walking again :)

i would like to see
9 stirzaker
10 roberts (i think the need to persist with him)
11 vuna
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 inman
14 english
15 woodward

i expect phipps, JOC (James O'Connor), vuna, sidey, inman, kingi, woodward or woodward 14 and roberts 15

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Mitchell is just a corked leg, and Sitauti is meant to be finally back.
yes but there are corks and CORKS, according to the papers was on crutches yesterday. i didnt know sitautai was ready to play again, that would be good, because kingi has some admirable qualities but is hopeless in defending out on the wing, i admit not aided by all the two and three on one situations he faces

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If I was Jake White I would be saying to JOC (James O'Connor) piss off. Now the Brumbies are well on top of their cultural reforms, player retention has to be the priority. They need to keep the bulk of this group together knowing the players in their ranks will have increased market value. Importing high market value players would be a bad move for the Brumbies.

They now have the same dillema the Reds have had but also the same positive in that they are a young group and the future can be very bright for some years to come.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Backline against Force
Wasn't a great game for Stirzaker, but at the same time he came on when his pack was getting absolutely beasted and the game was over. Phipps was just horrible before he was dragged, worst game of the year. I think Stirzaker has done enough by now to deserve a start, at least to see what he's made of.

D

daz

I gave the Force some serious stick when they lost to the Kings.

At this stage, I can see the Rebels losing badly to the Force this week, then there is every chance they will lose against the Kings at home.

The Rebels have lost all cohesion and confidence. Unless things turn around quickly, Hill is a dead man walking.

Delve is a bloody good captain (and the only bloke who could do the job at the minute) but him saying he would welcome Beale back and happily play with him again sent a fucking terrible message to the sponsors and fans.

Most of the team will say they are trying hard, but that is not really the issue; it is the intensity that is missing. And frankly, so is a decent gameplan and a bit of direction.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
And frankly, so is a decent gameplan and a bit of direction.
Well from all reports they can't follow a game plan. Not surprised the back line does not have that old head anymore to lead them. Think they need to look at a back aged 26 to 28 next season to take control, maybe Burgess can call both the forwards and the backs because at the moment it just ain't working.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Only good thing about the Kings game, will be the pre-game. If anyone is keen on joining KevinO, myself and a few others. PM me.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
JOC (James O'Connor) has burnt too many bridges to go anywhere else.

He can't go the Force again, they wouldn't have him back and he probably wouldn't want to go.
He can't go to the Tahs, unless Folau doesn't resign and KB (Kurtley Beale) doesn't sign with them.
He can't go Brumbies, because a) they're too culture obsessed and b) are stacked in all of his positions.
MAYBE, he could go Reds if Richard Graham likes him and vice versa but they seem like they'll probably plee the "culture" card too (he's not one of their own like QC (Quade Cooper), even if he is technically from there).

Basically, if he wants to play Wobs he has to stay with the Rebs and I think he'll see him contract matched but not raised.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
KB (Kurtley Beale) contract is going to be a good bit short of his current contract where ever he goes. Injury and childish behavior will see the Tahs end up getting him cheaper than when he left.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
which begs the question, why can't a group of professional rugby players adhere to a game plan or execute skills under pressure.

the coach or the players fault ?

in my heart i hope they can turn it around this week but in my head, i just don't think they have the skill set or the confidence to do so

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
JOC (James O'Connor) has burnt too many bridges to go anywhere else.

He can't go the Force again, they wouldn't have him back and he probably wouldn't want to go.
He can't go to the Tahs, unless Folau doesn't resign and KB (Kurtley Beale) doesn't sign with them.
He can't go Brumbies, because a) they're too culture obsessed and b) are stacked in all of his positions.
MAYBE, he could go Reds if Richard Graham likes him and vice versa but they seem like they'll probably plee the "culture" card too (he's not one of their own like QC (Quade Cooper), even if he is technically from there).

Basically, if he wants to play Wobs he has to stay with the Rebs and I think he'll see him contract matched but not raised.

And I doubt he'd take a paycut to live in Canberra.........

Status
Not open for further replies.