• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd promote JOC (James O'Connor) to captain and Pyle to vice if they both decide to re-sign. They are the rebels best two players and the ones you want to be building a team around going forward.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'd promote JOC (James O'Connor) to captain and Pyle to vice if they both decide to re-sign. They are the rebels best two players and the ones you want to be building a team around going forward.
My mail is that JOC (James O'Connor) is not widely respected - that's the reason (a) he wasn't first choice captain and (b) he spat the dummy over it

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brand O'Connor, captain of the realm.........

Joffrey.png

T

Train Without a Station

Why no love for Lachie Mitchell? He's been a quality player and team man for the Rebels. Filled the gaps when required, having a red hot go whenever needed and showed a lot of ticker. May not be Wallabies material, but a pretty handy floater to fill in the backline.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
myself and a few others have said as much re mitchell for awhile. he seems to love melbourne and gets on very well with a lot of the guys. he is the sort of personality we need more of. high workrate, low ego and involved in the club/community.
my mail is also that JOC (James O'Connor) is not too well liked at wallaby level. JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper) are sort of their own and only buddies.

its becoming quite evident to everyone that we, rebels, are in a tough spot. bad coach, bad recruitment.
i'd like to see a no nonsense style coach come in and bring with him some proven hard workers who are capable of taking their ego out of the equation.

great picture of joffrey/JOC (James O'Connor).

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why no love for Lachie Mitchell? He's been a quality player and team man for the Rebels. Filled the gaps when required, having a red hot go whenever needed and showed a lot of ticker. May not be Wallabies material, but a pretty handy floater to fill in the backline.

i for one think he has been far and away our most consistent back, over 2 1/2 seasons and they should keep him !
(if he wants to stay)

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
JOC (James O'Connor) was fine as captain a few weeks ago for the Rebels. It didn't phase him in the slightest. He might not be well liked, but he is very professional and a fierce competitor. He is rugbys answer to Michael Clarke.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
fair call. he might not be liked but i would have to assume he is respected as a rugby brain, player and possibly leader.

i thought lachie had resigned for us last year? was that just for one year? i dont think he will go anywhere unless he wants to go overseas. force, brumbies, tahs, and reds dont need him. he can qualify for scotland but i thought scotland looked much improved. they have great wingers now in visser and maitland so his option would be as a 12 and as i recall they have pretty good centres.
thus - he will stay.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Most of the guys in the side would love the opportunity to play for the Wallabies in a World Cup and JOC (James O'Connor) just takes it as a joke and misses the team photo.

No wonder why he does not have the respect of a lot of players.

Other thing is why did we ever let Betham go? Would have 3 quality wings if we had kept him.

Think Reid will be more than capable of consolidating the 7 jersey. He just signed a 2 year deal, really need to sign a prop/props for next season and we should be ok in the scrum as long as we keep pyle and jones. Neville has another year left I think.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i have a hope that the shitstorm flying around KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper)'s problems last year may just have a sobering effect on "brand o'connor" and perhaps some responsibility (capt/vice) would be the making of him. he is still only 22.

or is it a forlorn hope and the "bungy bros" branding is too strong. thoughts anyone.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think all 3 Bungy Brothers might wise up to there actions now, all 3 have been stood down from Rugby at different times and are no certainty to play for the Wallabies against the Lions if Dean picks a team on form. I doubt there will be to many times all 3 play together again in the Gold Jersey. (Not saying they won't all play for the Wallabies still, just not all at the same time)

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
no i think despite his suisse ads and brand o'connor talk he is the best of the three of them, personality wise. he is a very hard worker and a great communicator on field.

letting go of betham was mind boggling - who did we pick up in lieu of him??

T

Train Without a Station

What I don't get is the division in the Wallabies, yet from the body language and what you see, Quade appears to be well liked at the Reds. We don't know whether the bloke is actually a complete knob (Wallabies apparently) or great guy (Reds apparently), but it doesn't look great for the Wallabies culture.

Also RE coaching. Reading this thread I really think a lot of you Rebels fans are delusional. There is talk of Link, or another really experienced coach with runs on the board, but seriously, why the fuck would they go to the Rebels? What's in it for them? The only attraction would be to a reasonably inexperienced provincial coach looking to prove themselves. With 3 years as an assistant at Suntory, then 4 years head coach for Sydney Uni during a successful period, that's exactly what Hill is.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Agree Link won't move to coach Melbourne, and the coaching options for what we need are slim.

Just make Stirlo Coach, he won't take any sh*t from any of these guys and has the playing experience to have the respect of any player.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
What I don't get is the division in the Wallabies, yet from the body language and what you see, Quade appears to be well liked at the Reds. We don't know whether the bloke is actually a complete knob (Wallabies apparently) or great guy (Reds apparently), but it doesn't look great for the Wallabies culture.

QC (Quade Cooper) also gives back and does a ton more than I've ever heard about KB (Kurtley Beale) or JOC (James O'Connor) doing in terms of interfacing and interacting with the community which is part of why he's pretty well liked in the area.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
QC (Quade Cooper) also gives back and does a ton more than I've ever heard about KB (Kurtley Beale) or JOC (James O'Connor) doing in terms of interfacing and interacting with the community which is part of why he's pretty well liked in the area.
Don't know about KB (Kurtley Beale), but JOC (James O'Connor) did a lot last season when he was off injured. He did make it about his brand if you go to his youtube channel. But he did go water boy for a school team and a few other things in the community.

T

Train Without a Station

But even amongst his team mates. It's like he must take a totally different attitude into Wallaby camps, which if so, would be likely caused by a less harmonious camp.

We don't know exactly what any of them do, so it's probably unfair to compare them based on what volunteer work we "hear" they do.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Don't know about KB (Kurtley Beale), but JOC (James O'Connor) did a lot last season when he was off injured. He did make it about his brand if you go to his youtube channel. But he did go water boy for a school team and a few other things in the community.

QC (Quade Cooper) does this stuff on a very, very regular basis even when he's playing. Remember seeing pretty constant stuff from him during the 2011 season and an expected spike in his community services last year as well. He's really supportive of his little brother and seems to go to his matches pretty regularly too which as a big brother is fucking awesome and I can't give him enough credit for that.

But even amongst his team mates. It's like he must take a totally different attitude into Wallaby camps, which if so, would be likely caused by a less harmonious camp.

We don't know exactly what any of them do, so it's probably unfair to compare them based on what volunteer work we "hear" they do.

Your logic is the same reason I never commented on his attitude or composure in the Red's or Wallaby camps because I have absolutely no clue and no way of figuring it out.

You put quotations around "heard" like he is Photoshopping himself into the pictures he and the media post of his volunteer work and the media and him are just in cahoots to make up stories about him and his interaction with the community. Considering that the chances of either of those things being the case are astronomically low this is actually just about the only metric on which I have to judge him as a person. It's not a knock on JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale but Cooper seems to do these things far more often than they do and while I'm not trying to speak about them, it does say something about him when it rarely has anything to do with self-promotion and is more generally just him 'showing up' to spend time with the kids. The fact is QC (Quade Cooper) has made Brisbane his rugby homeland by establishing and nurturing his roots in the local community. Where could JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale call home?

Status
Not open for further replies.