• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I'd kill to play for my state, if they want to piss it away, GTFO out my club you cancerous f*ckwits.

Don't pull any punches, tell them what you really think.

But remember, a lot of Australian teams over the years have copped thrashings, including a John Eales Wallaby side in South Africa. Not to mention that dreadful Crusaders Waratahs game back a few years ago, 90 + points by the Saders.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE MELBOURNE REBELS
The Melbourne Rebels would like to respond to reports of an incident between players following the team's bus trip home to their hotel in Umhlanga.

The Club is treating this matter as serious and a full internal investigation has begun with the players involved.

Therefore, the Club cannot provide any further comment until the internal investigation is completed.

The Club will be fully co-operative to any media request as per the Club's media policy at the conclusion of this investigation.

No other parties were involved.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Don't pull any punches, tell them what you really think.

But remember, a lot of Australian teams over the years have copped thrashings, including a John Eales Wallaby side in South Africa. Not to mention that dreadful Crusaders Waratahs game back a few years ago, 90 + points by the Saders.
That statement wasn't in relation to the loss, yet the actions of individuals following it.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Contracts need tearing up if true. Can't have players behaving like that.

Now where to for next week?

I'd bench Weeks, Robinson, Pyle, Fuglistaller, Higgers and Phipps. I'd say Delve as well, but he's captain so he won't be. He was incredibly poor last night though.
I'd like to see our back line put back to playing positions that players are best at and not playing musical chairs with the line up.

The cheetahs will be full of confidence after having a good away tour.

Rather talk rugby than gossip about this other crap we don't know the facts on.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I'm glad it's out in the open. If Kurtley has done what Cooper is alleging, he should be sacked immediately and charged (again) with assault.

If I threw a punch at work, that's exactly what I'd get.

The Melbourne Rebels is not a place you can come and pissfart around, drink all you like and get punchy. At least not until you're putting teams away by 10 tries, not getting smashed by it.

I don't know whether this lack of leadership and discipline comes from on-field or off-field factors, but somebody needs to pay.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
With regards to a booze ban, a player who is still not 100% fit and is not playing should be doing what it takes to get back on the field and look after himself so should not be boozing.

After a performance like last night no player should be drinking, the team had a day off after the Reds game where they had a few beers as they had the bye weekend next. No need to drink last night again.

D

daz

Well, I did warn Coops to take it off twitter while he was mid-rant. He didn't seem to like that idea, though.

Not a good look.

D

daz

After last night, time for Hill to go.

Potential options:
- McKenzie
- Henry

Mate, settle down. Do you really think Link is going to go to the back of the coaching line by joining the Rebels? He wants an international gig, not career suicide.

As for Grumpy taking the reins, I would think that I have more of a chance.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
After last night, time for Hill to go.

Potential options:
- McKenzie
- Henry
The first 3 loses in Australia I did not blame Hill for, this one is still hard to bear and completely put the blame on Hill and his tactics for this match.

• Roberts at 10 in only his second game of Super Rugby is crazy
  • Inman at 12 and Woodward at 13 was crazy
This was crazy, felt sorry for JOC (James O'Connor) as he got no ball what so ever.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd kill to play for my state, if they want to piss it away, GTFO out my club you cancerous f*ckwits.
perhaps thats just it
there are no born and bred victorians playing. the are all paid professionals, plying their trade where they can find employment. thats the sad reality. i am not saying they dont try but at the end of the day, although they represent melbourne and victoria by inference, its just a job and next week we do it all again and if not in melbourne then somewhere else.
i really do hope this is a one off thing, all the superficial views into the club suggest it is a happy camp, people like playing here but it may be just all pr bullshit for all i know

D

daz

They are professional footballers who have loyalty (to a degree) and passion (to a degree) towards the club that currently pays their salary. Today the Rebels, tomorrow the Reds, and after that Toulon/Suntory, etc.

I think the days of the NSW/Qld bloodbaths and state pride pretty much died when the game went professional.

It is only really the fans, the old school players and media who keep the "state" flame alive.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
I'm glad it's out in the open. If Kurtley has done what Cooper is alleging, he should be sacked immediately and charged (again) with assault.

It will be interesting to see what comes out.
The ARU set a precedence when they pressured the EWF to take drastic action on Matt Henjak after he broke Saig Hares jaw.
We will be watching closely how the ARU reacts to this.
KB (Kurtley Beale) should be dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.