• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Re the McKenzie comments, sure it's a given that he is going to the next coach of Australia. I suggested it because he is available. Perhaps he wants a different challenge, he did grow up here, after all.

What's an acceptable term for a coach in Super Rugby? As KevinO points out, some of the selections were highly questionable. Considering the cattle we have, the performances should be much better.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm glad it's out in the open. If Kurtley has done what Cooper is alleging, he should be sacked immediately and charged (again) with assault.

If I threw a punch at work, that's exactly what I'd get.

The Melbourne Rebels is not a place you can come and pissfart around, drink all you like and get punchy. At least not until you're putting teams away by 10 tries, not getting smashed by it.

I don't know whether this lack of leadership and discipline comes from on-field or off-field factors, but somebody needs to pay.
Bingo.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd like to see our back line put back to playing positions that players are best at and not playing musical chairs with the line up.

The cheetahs will be full of confidence after having a good away tour.

Rather talk rugby than gossip about this other crap we don't know the facts on.
Have to send a message after a performance like that. Something like 66 tackles made and 37 missed. I'd send out this team against the Cheetahs, and I'd keep Henderson because I can't think of another option. It'll never happen, but it has to be worth a go.

Henderson
Hori
PAE
Neville
Jones
Saffy
Reid
Delve
Stirzaker
Roberts
Vuna
JOC (James O'Connor)
Inman
Kingi
Woodward

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That team would have 90 points scored against them by the Cheetahs. A bit to far.

Would go with

PAE
Robinson
Henderson (As you said no one to replace him with)
Pyle
Jones
Higgers
Reid
Delve
Stirzaker
JOC (James O'Connor)
Vuna
Mitchell
Inman
Woodward
Roberts

I think it's a bit harsh on Mitchell, Inman, Roberts and Woodward to swap there positions last minute before the game. And if they trained in those positions last week than WTF was Hill thinking as it clearly does not work having Inman at 12.

Neville has not impressed me this season at all.

Can't play Kingi on the wing against the Cheetahs, would end badly as he can't tackle.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the Herald story is accurate Beale should be dumped, particularly after being his second violent incident involving alcohol in a year.........

I don't think Vuna should be sent home. Maybe a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Vuna can't be suspended for that surely? Will be a farce if he is. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave at the end of the year.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
#Justice4Vuna

The only issue I can see is him venting via social media. The bloke was angry, fair enough.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Time to get the armbands out boys

Rugby-Union---Tour-Match--001.jpg

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Having now watched the match against the Sharks I have these observations:

1. What was Hill thinking making such an extensive late shuffle of the backline?
  2. Have the Rebels forwards done any practice defending driving mauls - it seemed they had no idea how it should be done, let alone be able to execute a defensive plan
  3. Henderson once again showed that he is one of the poorest scrummagers in the competition
  4. Who is the Rebels scrum coach?
Overall that was an embarrasing performance by the Rebels.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Back onto the rugby. Henderson is getting shown up every game. Hand on the ground at nearly every scrum. He needs to be replaced.

I reckon your third string hooker Leafa is worth a punt ahead of robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.